Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 301: Happily Ever After Nighttime Spectacular announced!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:20 am

^^ It wouldn't surprise me, if when the attraction re-opens, there will be a protest in front of it.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:04 am

I hope the Trump animatronic reads off a series of his tweets. That would be sooooo inspiring!

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:10 am

coasterbill wrote:Thoughts? Maybe I'm underestimating the appeal of the Hall of Presidents but it never struck me as an overly popular attraction.

Do not underestimate the popularity of Hall of Presidents. I have seen it three times recently and it has played to a nearly packed to completely full house every time. I saw it the day after the election, and sat out front of it finishing a drink for about 5 minutes. I witnessed a very interesting exchange....

Random Guest to CM: "Is Trump in here now?"
CM: "No, Trump was only elected yesterday so technically he is not our President yet but he will be added later next year."
Me to CM after guest walks away: "Wait, are people seriously asking TODAY if Trump is in there, after only being elected last night?"
CM: "I've been here only a few hours and I've had no fewer than 500 people ask me already."

Wow. So not only are people stupid enough to vote for the guy, they also are dumb enough to think he would be in the Hall of Presidents THE VERY NEXT DAY.

Our world is doomed...
Last edited by robbalvey on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:12 am.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby JordyC » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:26 am

robbalvey wrote:Random Guest to CM: "Is Trump in here now?"
CM: "No, Trump was only elected yesterday so technically he is not our President yet but he will be added later next year."
Me to CM after guest walks away: "Wait, are people seriously asking TODAY if Trump is in there, after only being elected last night?"
CM: "I've been here only a few hours and I've had no fewer than 500 people ask me already."

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Maybe they made an animatronic for all the candidates, so the next day they could just put the elected one in... :roll:
Last edited by JordyC on Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:27 am.
<< Quality Over Quantity >>

1. Taron - Phantasialand 2. Helix - Liseberg 3. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 4. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa Park 5. Blue Fire Megacoaster - Europa-Park 6. Goliath - Walibi Holland 7. Silver Star - Europa-Park 8. Balder - Liseberg 9. Lost Gravity - Walibi Holland 10. Flug der Dämonen - Heide Park

Coasters: 119 || Parks: 22

Efteling - February 2017 || Liseberg - August 2016 || Holiday Park & Europa-Park - June 2016 || Walibi Holland - March 2016

Gimme Some Candy!

Postby coasterfreak101 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:26 am

coasterbill wrote:For a place that's supposed to be an escape from reality, there's nothing that brings you back to reality like seeing side by side Barack Obama and Donald Trump animatronics. If they left it with presidents that are well respected by everyone from hundreds of years ago like Lincoln and Washington that would be another story, but I don't get the appeal of bringing in modern day politicians.

I agree with this completely. I've actually never stepped foot in the Hall of Presidents - nor do I have a desire to, even as much as I love both history and politics - but it amazes me that they've kept up with it to this day. Have the Founding Fathers in it, maybe some presidents that are notable (I'd go as far to say that Obama could've been added, say, after the next election cycle to mark the first black president), but other than that I fail to see why every president needs a robot version of themselves in a room at Disney World.
1. Skyrush | 2. Maverick | 3. The Voyage | 4. El Toro | 5. Outlaw Run
6. Millennium Force | 7. I-305 | 8. Medusa: SC | 9. X2 | 10. Phoenix

Coasters: 290
Parks: 51

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:28 am

^ Because it's called...The Hall of Presidents? And if one or more, were left out of this, somebody would no doubt complain about it.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:44 am

coasterfreak101 wrote:I fail to see why every president needs a robot version of themselves in a room at Disney World.

Wasn't it Walt Disney's vision to have every president represented?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:55 am

^ It sure was! Not only that, but Disney had planned a future spot for the HoP in Disneyland itself, way back when.
The photo of my 1962 map below, shows where two future side streets were being considered. And HoP appeared to
be located right under that Liberty Street banner, there.
DLmap1962i.JPG

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby michaellynn4 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:19 pm

coasterfreak101 wrote:Have the Founding Fathers in it, maybe some presidents that are notable (I'd go as far to say that Obama could've been added, say, after the next election cycle to mark the first black president), but other than that I fail to see why every president needs a robot version of themselves in a room at Disney World.

Pfft, screw that. It ain't a real WDW visit unless I get to see my main man, Millard Fillmore! #Fillnatic
DFTBA: Don't Forget to be Awesome.
#1: Skyrush

Starbucks Enthusiast

Postby gisco » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:41 pm

SharkTums wrote:I hope the Trump animatronic reads off a series of his tweets. That would be sooooo inspiring!

Make them live tweets so the show changes every day.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!