Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby parkjunkie » Sat May 13, 2017 6:09 am

Disney really hit a home run with this show, incredible

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Sat May 13, 2017 10:02 am

I want to watch the video so bad but I am literally going to see it in 8 days, in person (no spoilers) ;-)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Sat May 13, 2017 1:33 pm

robbalvey wrote:Tonight was opening night for the new Happily Ever After fireworks show. This is no question a "Tokyo Disney" caliber show. I was so impressed. It may very well be the best fireworks show I've seen at a Disney park....

I've always been a bit blase about fireworks. But the shows put on at Disney parks could make me a believer. =)
Wish Disney could bring its magic to NYC's 4th of July fireworks. They put on quite a spectacle here, but it doesn't quite compare. To achieve Disney's caliber, I guess we'd need a castle in the middle of the river. Or maybe a skyscraper! :lmao: (Actually the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island would make one spectacular backdrop!) Anyway! Thanks for sharing this magical new show.

Alice

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby djmadmanray » Sat May 13, 2017 4:24 pm

Same here, we're going to see it in person on Wednesday..sooo looking forward to it. Don't want to spoil it, so I'm not watching the videos, but everything I've been reading is saying the same thing..INCREDIBLE!

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby Jackdude101 » Mon May 29, 2017 6:10 pm

My wife, two kids, and I went to Magic Kingdom today (Memorial Day). I was expecting the worst in terms of crowds, but there were actually moderate-sized crowds today. Thanks Pandora and Volcano Bay!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:37 am

Just a heads up, it appears that the reopening of the Hall of Presidents may be delayed due to an argument between Disney Imagineers and White House executives over who gets to write the animatronic president's speech. Sources close to the situation are claiming that the executives have informed the imagineers that they're writing the speech and that the imagineers "have no input on it".

I know it sounds like I'm making this up, but I assure you that I'm not. I was hesitant to post this, but it's been picked up by the Washington Examiner, the Hill, the Theme Park section of Local 10 news in Miami and others and is a pretty interesting scenario as a theme park fan regardless of politics.

Postby thrillrider » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:05 am

He can always say "grab them by the p####" or just make fun of disabled people, but that doesn't fit in with the Disney way of things.
;)
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

Nuthin' better than a naked donkey!

Postby PeoplemoverMatt » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:33 pm

coasterbill wrote:Just a heads up, it appears that the reopening of the Hall of Presidents may be delayed due to an argument between Disney Imagineers and White House executives over who gets to write the animatronic president's speech. Sources close to the situation are claiming that the executives have informed the imagineers that they're writing the speech and that the imagineers "have no input on it".

I know it sounds like I'm making this up, but I assure you that I'm not. I was hesitant to post this, but it's been picked up by the Washington Examiner, the Hill, the Theme Park section of Local 10 news in Miami and others and is a pretty interesting scenario as a theme park fan regardless of politics.

Well, they can say what they want. Disney is denying it and maintaining they always intended for HoP to reopen later this year.

It is sort of interesting to see how this is covered seeing as the news media generally hates theme parks and Disney almost as much as they hate Trump. For now it looks like they're simply capitalizing on an opportunity to make both look bad.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:21 am

PeoplemoverMatt wrote:For now it looks like they're simply capitalizing on an opportunity to make both look bad.

This exactly. Disney can do what they want with this attraction. Even if there was any truth to this, Disney could always choose not to use the speech that they were given and go a different direction with Hall of Presidents. But with the statement that Disney made the other day, I'm sure there is little truth to the story.

All I know is that I won't be visiting Hall of Presidents for at least (I hope) four more years...

Postby thrillrider » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:41 am

robbalvey wrote:
PeoplemoverMatt wrote:For now it looks like they're simply capitalizing on an opportunity to make both look bad.

This exactly. Disney can do what they want with this attraction. Even if there was any truth to this, Disney could always choose not to use the speech that they were given and go a different direction with Hall of Presidents. But with the statement that Disney made the other day, I'm sure there is little truth to the story.

All I know is that I won't be visiting Hall of Presidents for at least (I hope) four more years...

:nina: :nina: :nina:
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!