Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:51 am

Thanks for the report, Adam, and the re-cap, Robb. Really excited about the Skyliner system, Tron, and ....everything! Each project is something great to look forward to and will improve the guest's experience.
Cincy -> Chicago

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:54 am

After just going to the park in May, I think the resort is right on target for which areas need attention and new attractions.

I know it's going to be a while before all of this gets finished, but all of these are amazing capital improvements to the Disney compound! I'm Obviously excited about having our own Tron coaster here in the US, and happy to see that Tomorrowland Speedway looks to be remaining in the park for now.

But I love Epcot, and am definitely excited about the improvements to future world. Mission Space is one my favorite rides there and I agree that it needed a better animated movie. With today's CGI, that experience could be improved greatly. Not sure what the guardian's attraction will be . . . but will probably be amazing and the renderings of the old Universe of Energy building look phenomenal. Hopefully Journey Into Imagination will receive some treatment at some point.

The Great Movie Ride was probably pretty good in the 90s, but it seemed kinda tired now. I'm happy with any kind of original Mickey & Minnie attraction. Seeing as you can go meet the characters nearby right after you ride that should help liven up this area of the park as well.

I've got the Disney fever, and after going to Six Flags this past week now I really want to go back. I suppose patience will be rewarded though. Oh and book me a room at the new Star Wars resort and a table at the Mission: Space Restaurant . . thank you!

I'd like to buy a vowel!

Postby KBrylczyk » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:02 pm

robbalvey wrote:And if anyone is wondering where exactly Tron is going at Magic Kingdom, the yellow arrow points to the walking path that is in the concept art which currently exists in the park...

I'm still not seeing it. :lmao:

Does anyone have any idea about the restrictions between Disney and Uni regarding Marvel character rides? I thought Disney wasn't able to use the Marvel characters on the east coast but the Guardians at Epcot certainly throw that out the window. Really I'm just curious when something's going to happen that would force Uni to remake that whole island. I'm also way out of the loop on this so feel free to mock me.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby necoastergp » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:46 pm

KBrylczyk wrote:
robbalvey wrote:And if anyone is wondering where exactly Tron is going at Magic Kingdom, the yellow arrow points to the walking path that is in the concept art which currently exists in the park...

I'm still not seeing it. :lmao:

Does anyone have any idea about the restrictions between Disney and Uni regarding Marvel character rides? I thought Disney wasn't able to use the Marvel characters on the east coast but the Guardians at Epcot certainly throw that out the window. Really I'm just curious when something's going to happen that would force Uni to remake that whole island. I'm also way out of the loop on this so feel free to mock me.
Guardians isn't part of any of the groups of characters used by universal at IOA. The deal is still in perpetuity though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Coasters: 106 (Steel:90 Wood:16) Parks:19

He's kind of sad and pathetic

Postby BarryH » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:42 pm

^^The link below will take you to the entire Marvel Universal deal if you want to read the entire contract...

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1262449/000119312510008732/dex1057.htm

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby mp_me » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:47 pm

I wonder if the new space themed restaurant will utilize the Wonders of Life dome as a projection screen.
(this is my first post. be gentle.)

Girls don't like me because I can play RCT better than you

Postby TheCoasterKid211 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:48 pm

HOLY FOTHERMUCKING DONKEY CACA WE GET TRON YESSSS
| |Alpengeist| |Cheetah Hunt| |Kumba| |Mako| |Intimidator 305| |
"Yeah, I like coasters. Yes, I'm a kid. Don't know what the 211 means, but whatever." Check out my TR thread!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby djmadmanray » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:56 am

So excited for Tron, but...that pathway back there was always our escape from the crowds on busy days. And, does that mean one less smoking section in the MK? NOOO...! A lot of announcements for all the Florida parks, we are very excited. Thanks for the quick recap!

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:30 am

djmadmanray wrote:So excited for Tron, but...that pathway back there was always our escape from the crowds on busy days. And, does that mean one less smoking section in the MK? NOOO...! A lot of announcements for all the Florida parks, we are very excited. Thanks for the quick recap!

Re: Smoking

Expect to see ALL of the sections eventually phased out.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:40 am

SharkTums wrote:
djmadmanray wrote:So excited for Tron, but...that pathway back there was always our escape from the crowds on busy days. And, does that mean one less smoking section in the MK? NOOO...! A lot of announcements for all the Florida parks, we are very excited. Thanks for the quick recap!

Re: Smoking

Expect to see ALL of the sections eventually phased out.

While I would tend to agree as I don't feel there is any need to cater to smokers anymore, the problem is going to be that if there aren't any smoking areas, they will just be obnoxious and smoke wherever the hell they want to. Maybe they'll just keep that one little tiny area by Big Thunder Mountain, or... they can do what Tokyo Disney does and just shove them all in a box! lol
IMG_1292.JPG
IMG_1293.JPG

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!