Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I ask dumb questions.

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby djackson » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:21 am

dylanreich wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
cymonster-rex wrote:Surely they wouldn't add another coaster that is really close to the coaster they currently have in the land, seeing as that tron is the replacement for space mountain in shanghai.

Why? I mean they have two "mine trains" in the same park! Are you really complaining about another potential awesome coaster in Magic Kingdom!?!?!? #dumb

Seeing as Tron is one of the most awesome coasters Disney has ever made, anyone who complains about it replacing small go-karts shouldn't be allowed to ride it... :mickey:

I guess I won't be allowed to ride it then. Rides like the speedway are theme park staples.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby cymonster-rex » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:23 am

dylanreich wrote:
robbalvey wrote:
cymonster-rex wrote:Surely they wouldn't add another coaster that is really close to the coaster they currently have in the land, seeing as that tron is the replacement for space mountain in shanghai.

Why? I mean they have two "mine trains" in the same park! Are you really complaining about another potential awesome coaster in Magic Kingdom!?!?!? #dumb

Seeing as Tron is one of the most awesome coasters Disney has ever made, anyone who complains about it replacing small go-karts shouldn't be allowed to ride it... :mickey:

I'm not complaining about getting a new coaster or getting rid of the speedway, hell I'm going to shanghai just to ride the coaster. I was just thinking usually they seem to avoid placing rides that are same ride types in the same land. Like that Big thunder is in frontierland and seven dwarfs is in fantasyland.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:26 am

cymonster-rex wrote:
dylanreich wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

I'm not complaining about getting a new coaster or getting rid of the speedway, hell I'm going to shanghai just to ride the coaster. I was just thinking usually they seem to avoid placing rides that are same ride types in the same land. Like that Big thunder is in frontierland and seven dwarfs is in fantasyland.

One is a rocket ship through outer space and one is a light bike race through the inside of a computer (I think), how are those the same type of ride?

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby cymonster-rex » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:29 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:One is a rocket ship through outer space and one is a light bike race through the inside of a computer (I think), how are those the same type of ride?

I was just talking about how both are future based rollercoasters (make sense right?).

But i should just stop talking i'm digging a hole I cant get out of.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby trainplane3 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:38 am

Throwing this out there, insiders are reporting Tron is in ADDITION to a slight Speedway upgrade. This isn't a replacement. Of course every news site is jumping on the replacement train instead of listening to the insiders.

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:55 am

djackson wrote:
dylanreich wrote:
robbalvey wrote:

I guess I won't be allowed to ride it then. Rides like the speedway are theme park staples.

So that's why parks like Tokyo Disneyland, Hong Kong Disneyland, and now Magic Kingdom are removing them?

Man, it sure would be nice to have less stupid people on our forums...

Postby Hilltopper39 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:28 am

trainplane3 wrote:Throwing this out there, insiders are reporting Tron is in ADDITION to a slight Speedway upgrade. This isn't a replacement. Of course every news site is jumping on the replacement train instead of listening to the insiders.

Ever since these Tron rumors started popping up I though it would be cool if they could modify the speedway ride path and have the ride go inside of a the show Tron building for some indoor and outdoor scenes. Might even be a chance to update the whole concept and make it more modern and interactive.

That or it'll just get torn down entirely, I really don't care either way.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby trainplane3 » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:43 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:
trainplane3 wrote:Throwing this out there, insiders are reporting Tron is in ADDITION to a slight Speedway upgrade. This isn't a replacement. Of course every news site is jumping on the replacement train instead of listening to the insiders.

Ever since these Tron rumors started popping up I though it would be cool if they could modify the speedway ride path and have the ride go inside of a the show Tron building for some indoor and outdoor scenes. Might even be a chance to update the whole concept and make it more modern and interactive.

That or it'll just get torn down entirely, I really don't care either way.

I wouldn't miss the Speedway at all. The insiders were reporting there were 3 plans for Tron. Replace the Speedway, put it behind the Speedway, or stick it in Epcot. Since one of the proposals for the Epcot spine overhaul is Tron-like (on top of SSE's and Test Tracks Tron styling as well), they apparently didn't want to stick it there. So from what it looks, add it to MK and let Guardians take UoE instead of Tron taking it over (or the Big Bang proposal). And these are the same people that knew about Avatar Land and its' ride systems well before any of them were announced or broke ground. So I feel good about believing them.

MUST BUY RMC MERCHANDISE!!!!

Postby gerstlaueringvar » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Tron is an awesome coaster that definitely has the wow factor Space Mountain cannot offer. I wish the Magic Kingdom version can figure out the Iocker situation better as it is creates a huge mess in Shanghai (It feels like something Universal does, not WDI) . And please give that thing a longer coaster portion, one more block of coaster would make the experience much much more complete.

I really don't give a damn about Tomorrowland Speedway, heck I thought it was called Autopia until earlier today and I've been to MK a few times.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:34 pm

My only experience with the Tron coaster is via videos (would love to go to China someday...), but given that I skipped Autopia when I was at Disneyland, I'd say replacing Tomorrowland Speedway with Tron would be just awesome. I definitely would have made time for it, whereas I couldn't be bothered to peel myself away from more awesome rides for the go karts of the future.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!