Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby Double0Kevin » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:30 pm

Back to MK, question about Fantasyland's previews starting on Nov 19. Are the previews just them saying it's soft opening, or is that more of an AP preview? I'll be going for my first time the week after Thanksgiving, so I'm just curious if I'll get a chance to try it out.

I did a search to see if this was already discussed but best I could find was "General Preview" which I'm guessing means anyone, but thought someone might know for sure.

She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Postby Aaronupsidasium » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:49 pm

I think that video was the lunch/counter service (hopefully). Still not crazy about Wawa screens and still hate RFID.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:15 am

Yeah, that was the counter service. So, not sure why you were expecting a "magical, immersive fine dining restaurant". Looks like they just added a little of the RFID technology to try and smooth out the efficiency of getting customers their food. Time will tell if it is successful at doing that or not.
Last edited by ernierocker on Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:15 am.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:59 am

Aaronupsidasium wrote:Anybody find this video both disappointing and unsettling?

I mean i was expecting a magical, immersive fine dining restaurant and the first thing we are greeted with are the same touch screens I use to order subs at Wawa and Royal Farms?

Aaron "I hate RFID" McMahon

No, I don't find it unsettling or disappointing. As others have said, this is the lunch quick-service mode. The touch screens are well themed, and the RFID "Magic Rose" is something I haven't seen anywhere else. I also don't understand why the fact that WaWa uses touch screens automatically dismisses them. Would you prefer they use the same menu boards and ordinary cash registers that you use to order a burger at McDonalds, or the same laminated menus you use to order at Fuddruckers?

And why the RDIF hate? Being able to just place your "rose" on the table and having your food "magically" show up is something you can't find at any other quick-service restaurant (yes, it's just a fancier version of the sign with a number on it that many places use, but I'm sure you would've complained if they used the same sign-with-a-number-on-it as Hardee's).
DISCLAIMER: Any information about rides presented here as fact has been taken from publicly available sources. The author readily admits that the rides may have been implemented differently than stated in the such sources. Any opinion statements are based on the author’s experience as a mechanical engineer and are not based on any insider knowledge or the wish to contradict those with such knowledge.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:01 am

As long as the food's good, I don't care how I order it.

Postby Wes » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:50 am

If you hate RFID, it's probably best to stay away from WDW for the rest of your life.

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 am

^Perhaps he just needs a bigger tinfoil hat to protect himself.

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:04 pm

I really want to know why anyone would "hate" RFID. Is it because Walt never used it?

Seriously, what is there to complain about here? Touch screens are amazing, you can make sure your order is right and you don't have to speak to anyone. And then your food gets delivered to you? Yes, this is just horrible. Prisoners are now laughing at the horrid conditions guests at this restaurant must withstand.

I would say I'm shocked at what people complain about, but then it's a Disney park, so I should just more or less expect complaining...

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:22 pm

Yeah, that was a really bizarre reaction. It is not like it is some sort of brain-washing device... Or is it???

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:26 pm

I believe RFID is now referred to as "the force."
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!