Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Can take balls to the face

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby paintballer » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:40 am

That side of the park always looked better to me, Adventureland, Frontier and Critter Country, while Tomorrowland and that whole area on the Autopia side on Fantasyland looked like it needed something new.

I bet Disney knows this too.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ernierocker » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:28 am

ThatFloridaDude wrote:^ I've never understood the expansion. I though expansion meant something new. If you think about it, none of the rides in Fantasyland are new concepts. Snow White Already had a ride, So did Dumbo, and so on and so on. But It'll still probaably be a success.

How on earth do you not understand the expansion??? And how on earth are you missing the fact that everything going in to this new section will be new to the Magic Kingdom??? (besides the relocated dumbo and the rethemed roller skater)
Last edited by ernierocker on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:29 am.

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:48 am

^Yes, it really is an entirely new Fantasyland--the whole area will have a much more immersive feel to it. I think it'll turn out to the best Fantasyland in the chain by the time they're finished.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:18 am

ThatFloridaDude
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Does this mean that you don't understand the Transformers "expansion" either? We're here to help you with that, if needed.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ThatFloridaDude » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:38 am

ernierocker wrote:
ThatFloridaDude wrote:^ I've never understood the expansion. I though expansion meant something new. If you think about it, none of the rides in Fantasyland are new concepts. Snow White Already had a ride, So did Dumbo, and so on and so on. But It'll still probaably be a success.

How on earth do you not understand the expansion??? And how on earth are you missing the fact that everything going in to this new section will be new to the Magic Kingdom??? (besides the relocated dumbo and the rethemed roller skater)

Usually when a park expands they build something new. What I'm saying is although the area is new and will feel new, the ride stories are not new. To me it's more like a refurb.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ThatFloridaDude » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:40 am

BeemerBoy wrote:
ThatFloridaDude
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Does this mean that you don't understand the Transformers "expansion" either? We're here to help you with that, if needed.

Transformers isn't expanding , if you were trying to be smart you idiot. The ride is new to Universal Studios Floriida. the ONLY expansion at USF is the Harry Potter expansion. Transofrmers is a new ride, in a seperate area.

Postby Wes » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 am

^ Best not to call people idiots.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby ThatFloridaDude » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:57 am

Wes wrote:^ Best not to call people idiots.

Well, he probabaly took my location and tried to make a fool out of me, thats why I said if he's trying to be smart. If he didn't understand why I put it, all he had to do was ask. ^ it's best to ask than make assumptions, :angry:

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 am

^It's also best not to argue with a site moderator.

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 am

ThatFloridaDude wrote:
Usually when a park expands they build something new. What I'm saying is although the area is new and will feel new, the ride stories are not new. To me it's more like a refurb.

At the risk of feeding the troll, I have to disagree. I don't remember a Little Mermaid attraction in the Magic Kingdom. Nor do I remember a Beauty and the Beast attraction in that park. While Snow White had a small dark ride, the new coaster is a much larger experience (you might even say it was "expanded"). I'll concede that Storybook Circus was more of an overhaul than an expansion (but way more than a refurb, which implies restoring to its original condition), but the Fantasy Forest is definitely an expansion.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!