Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Did my donkey title just change???

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby cymonster-rex » Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:40 pm

wow those photos look amazing that whole area looks amazing. i was there on the 2nd of this month and i wouldn't of guest that behind those walls was a master peace. last time i was 13 years ago so it looks good for a quick return back :) but maybe i can see avatar land aswell.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby OrlandoRob » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:26 am

Gaston's fake pecs sort of freak me out when I saw him on Monday. I'm sure it's tough to find guys who fit his look and can pull off his role, but they need to improve that part of his costume. The guy I saw (same as in the photo on this page) was perfect...just not so much his faux chest and eyebrows.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:39 am

That report stunk, needs more pictures (my best attempt at a backhanded compliment).

The site for the 7 Dwarfes mine ride looks larger than I previously thought it was, maybe it will be decent after all. The whole thing does look like a fantastic addition that I'm now kind of excited about seeing (was never interested previously).

Looking forward to seeing some reports of the Be our Guest Dining Experience, should be fantastic.

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby xmichellex » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:46 am

I can't get enough of these new Fantasyland pics! Great report as always!
Top 5 Steel: Bizarro (SFNE), Top Thrill (CP), i305 (KD), Kumba (BGT), Cali. Screamin' (DCA)
Top 5 Wood: El Toro (SFGAdv), Boulder Dash (Lake Compounce), Lightning Racer (Hershey), Beast (KI), Yankee Cannonball (Canobie Lake)
Total Credits: 141

Am I allowed to eat donkey during lent?

Postby Double0Kevin » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:50 am

This makes me more and more excited for my first WDW visit in just over a month. They did a great job with the new attractions.

I had said previously that the queue didn't really matter to me for Mermaid as I thought the ride made the argument for itself alone, but now that I see more details about it I feel like I stand corrected. The queue really adds a lot to it. I still love the look of DCA's but WDW's version looks to provide a much more immersive experience, and it just looks amazing.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:01 am

More great aerial photos of the New Fantasyland area, as well as what's going on at the old Skyway location.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:29 am

Has anything been announced for the old sky way location? I don't recall hearing anything specific, not even any crazy aquatrax drop tower rumors?

Also, does anyone with some inside info know if they Utilidoor to any parts of the New Fantasyland Section, or was it not really necessary since the section is at the very back of the park as is? The only reason I ask is that it looks like the 7 Dwarfs Coaster is kind of stuck right in the middle of the section without any visible backstage access, which is a bit unusual for attractions at Disney parks.

*Edit, now that I think about it, other than the Center pieces at each park and maybe Big Thunder Mountain via the river boat, are there any other attractions at Disney that are completely visible from 360 degrees like The 7 Dwarfs Coaster will be?
Last edited by Hilltopper39 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:25 am.

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:That report stunk, needs more pictures (my best attempt at a backhanded compliment).

Don't ever joke with Adam about the number of Disney pictures he posts. We have asked him to seek therapy for his issues. :lol:
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:44 am

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/10/giant-ice-castle-in-times-square-kicks-off-limited-time-magic-at-disney-parks/

We have 52 weeks of magical surprises planned for you at Disney Parks in 2013.

Regular Blog readers already know that next year is a momentous year – with New Fantasyland, the largest expansion in Magic Kingdom Park history at Walt Disney World Resort and the first full year of a re-imagined Disney California Adventure park. And now, we’re adding “Limited Time Magic,” featuring unexpected experiences with an extra sprinkle of Pixie Dust at Disneyland Resort and the Walt Disney World Resort that’ll appear, and then disappear when the next debuts.

As part of this morning’s “Limited Time Magic” announcement, Mickey and pals helped unveil a three-story castle in the heart of Times Square in New York City. The fairytale castle is made of 45,000 pounds of ice and will be visible for a limited time thanks to the warm Autumn weather.

So, what can you expect with “Limited Time Magic” at Disney Parks when it begins in January? Here’s an idea:

• True Love: Celebrate romance and enchantment throughout Valentine’s Week with special moments and entertainment geared to lovebirds. Disney Princes join their Princesses to meet park guests in special settings, prix fixe menus turn up at select restaurants and Valentine’s collectibles will be offered for the week.

• Independence Week: It’s red, white and blue as Disney Parks salutes America with a 4th of July Fireworks Party — for an entire week, with patriotic lighting bathing the Disney castles on both coasts. Mickey Mouse appears in his patriotic finest and guests will find special USA shirts, Ear Hats and other limited-edition souvenirs.

• Long Lost Friends Week: Lesser-known Disney characters will move from the shadows to the spotlight meet-and-greets on both coasts. Photo opps with characters that could include Flik, Clarabelle Cow, Remy, Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum will surprise and delight guests. And Disney guests even have the chance to vote online for which characters they want to see.

• Pirate Week: Why talk like a pirate one day when you could celebrate these scalawags all week long? The adventures of Jack Sparrow come to life like never before during a bicoastal buccaneer bash in which Disneyland and Walt Disney World become pirate-palooza: pirate bands, pirate meet-and-greets and more.

• Dapper Dans Sing Boy Bands: The Dapper Dans, the iconic quartet from Main Street, U.S.A., will add a special finale to their show, claiming the title of the “Original Boy Band” and delivering a medley of hits from One Direction, *NSYNC and the Backstreet Boys.

• Unleash the Villains: Friday the 13th in September 2013 is a special day, so Disneyland park and Disney’s Hollywood Studios are staying open until the 13th hour (1 a.m.). Maleficent, Captain Hook, Jafar and other Disney Villains host a dance party, complete with limited-edition collectibles and other nighttime mischief.

• Golden Horseshoe Revue: The fabled Frontierland show returns to Disneyland park for one month only, bringing back the corny jokes and enduring songs that were often enjoyed by Walt Disney himself.

We’ll be rolling out new experiences to begin the new year, so be sure and check the Disney Parks Blog in upcoming months to learn what’s happening. Also, you can learn more and follow along on Twitter by following @DisneyParks and using the hashtag #LimitedTimeMagic.

ltm983948-682x1024.jpg
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:48 am.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby ahecht » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Dapper Dans sing Boy Bands?! Who thought that was a good idea?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!