Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 303 - Happily Ever After Fireworks Show: Full Video!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby cfc » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:35 am

Gaston looks pretty good for a guy who plunged to his death during the climax of Beauty and the Beast. Maybe something broke his fall. I definitely want to try the pork shank.

I like the 20,000 Leagues reference in the Mermaid queue, as well. Disney is going first class with their Fantasyland makeover.

WDW Monorail Fanatic

Postby BeemerBoy » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:08 am

^ Agreed. The 20K reference is well done.

They're not calling this a soft opening... It is officially a dress rehearsal.

That's a shame. I appreciate a nice soft opening.
Displaying "Online Enthusiast Morality" since 2006, with 99.9% more sarcasm.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby esvadj » Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:19 am

Great pictures and great commentary. I would have chosen Brava Centauri myself, but anyway. I hope the dress rehearsal continues all week, I am planning on stopping by the MK on Friday.

Beer Man

Postby mcjaco » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:16 am

Wow. Wow. Wow!

Nice coverage, Adam. I really needed a bathroom pic though. :p

And Mesa Verde would be a poor choice. Go to Alpha Centari instead!

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Mrlittle » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:00 am

As always, Disney attention to detail has surpassed my expectation. My two nieces are going to love this new area of the park. I can not wait to try out Gaston's. All the pictures make this new area just look fantastic.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby Someotherguyuser » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:28 am

That all looks incredible. I'm Already thinking about a trip sometime around 2015 to see the new Fantasyland in its fullest form, Avatarland, and the expanded Harry Potter. It's a long wait, but I have to see everything.

I'm sure there will be a few people of the general public that will look at the wait time by the "Enchanted Tales with Belle" experience and assume it's a ride. I can hear the complaints now.

"That sucked! I thought this was a ride! I waited forty-five minutes just to watch robot furniture!?"
Ghostbusters Ride at Universal Studios....let's Make it Happen!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/universal-studios-needs-to-make-a-ghostbusters

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:42 am

^If you are planning around Avatar, you may need to wait a little longer. New Fantasyland and Potter should both be ready by then though!
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Young and Stupid! I blame my parents.

Postby SoCalCoasters » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:45 am

robbalvey wrote:
SoCalCoasters wrote:
cfc wrote:^I agree that the queue for each version of Mermaid has to fit in with their respective park. But I still think Florida got the better deal here. The same is true for the queues Midway Mania (out in the sun for DCA, indoors and air-conditioned for DHS).

Completely agree with you there. TSMM and LM were more side projects for the DCA expansion when compared to their main focuses (WOC & Carsland), so they probably focused a lot less on the queue detailing.

That's actually not true at all. Those attractions absolutely were part of the master plan. You go tell Disney financing that their $100 million dark ride was a "side project" and I think you'll get laughed out of the Roy O Disney building!

I guess my wording was mis-interpreted a bit here. My intention was to state that compared to the huge amount of money and time poured into the Carsland part of the DCA revitalization, Little Mermaid or TSMM had less of a construction timeline and overall cost, making them less of a focus when one views the overall expansion as a whole. I wasn't saying they were side projects, I was simply saying they were not the main focus, hence why it was worded as a comparison.
TPR's Biggest Legoland Nerd, and proud!

Keeper Of The Carnivorous Bees!

Postby Meteornotes » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:53 am

Wow, the new additions look really, really nice. Look forward to seeing it in person at some point.

dt
Always trying to keep YOU entertained! Now with more Ice Bat!
The world would be a better place if Dave programmed our iPods - Derwood

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby jray21 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:31 pm

The area looks amazing! They did an incredible job with it. I can't wait to try the new restaurant! Also, thanks for trying the Pork Shank! I've been dying to see what it looks like, and it looks really good! Definitely seems to be the right proportion, unlike the frankenstein turkey legs. How was it? Also, don't forget to repent after eating it ;)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!