Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

P. 321: New Pirates of the Caribbean auction scene debuts
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

Postby prospekt88 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:25 am

Yeah, looking at Google Maps it seems like they've boxed themselves in with the new Fantasyland expansion. There's plenty of room between the new additions and the railroad track still, but that's probably for way down the road. And even then I think they'd probably expand into the Autopia plot before going back into that area.

I agree if anything were to happen in Fantasyland in the near future it'd probably be at the expense of Pooh or Philharmagic. But with them adding "Fantasyland-esque Dark Rides" all around the resort like Frozen and Ratatouille at EPCOT, I don't see the need for them to do anything there anytime soon.

With Tron coming to Tomorrowland and Stitch rumored to be closing for good, that is probably where the focus will be for the foreseeable future. Then you gotta figure that some major attraction will be coming to Adventure/Frontierland sometime in the next 10 or so years. I can't think of one new attraction they've added to those areas of the park since I started visiting WDW over 20 years ago other than the Magic Carpets. Shanghai version of Pirates would fit perfectly in my opinion.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby cookiex » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:23 am

Had this been seven months ago I would've said that the Speedway would close before anything in Fantasyland - especially since the two "Autopias" in Asia have already been removed - but since they're putting Tron all the way to the side past the railroad tracks it doesn't look like they're getting rid of it anytime soon, unless they have some kind of long-term plan for Tomorrowland as a whole.
| Taron | Helix | Wildfire | Balder | blue fire Megacoaster | Schwur Des Kärnan | Silver Star | Expedition: Everest | Manta (Florida) | Kraken |
Coaster count: 89

| Europa Park | Liseberg | Phantasialand | Disney's Animal Kingdom | Gröna Lund |
Park count: 28

Postby prospekt88 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:54 am

Yeah I think that obviously bought the Speedway more time but I don't think it means they wouldn't hesitate to remove it. That piece of land is unique in that there's a path surrounding it almost the entire 360 degrees, so an attraction that is themed all the way around similar to 7DMT would be ideal to fit there as opposed to Tron, which will have a showbuilding that needs to be facing a backstage area.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby BlahBlahson » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:47 pm

As bad as this is for most park guests and how it has a direct negative impact on people who are not exceptionally wealthy, I shudder to think of how future iterations of paid Fastpass will look in 2, 5, or 10 years now that the seal is broken. Sigh.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/walt-disney-world-to-allow-some-resort-guests-to-buy-additional-fastpasses/680857608
Remember: Get out there and RIDE!

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Garet » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:34 am

Hilltopper39 wrote:If anything in Fantasyland I would think Philharmagic would be the next thing to go, but even that attraction probably helps with capacity on crowded days.

I actually enjoy that ride way more than most but I'm always surprised how it is still the same all these years later. I always thought that across all the parks you could take one out and add in a new popular at the time movie or go Star Tours/Tokyo's Dory ride and have random segments. I guess the scenes having to be done from scratch to incorporate Donald and the cost is the thing stopping it? Considering so many kids these days tend to only know the CG films in the international Disneys over the 90 movies that are in the movie now. 3D lantern section for Tangled over Lion King, a Moana ocean bit instead of Mermaid. A Frozen Let it Go segment would be the easiest marketable upgrade ever.

Postby prospekt88 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:06 pm

BlahBlahson wrote:As bad as this is for most park guests and how it has a direct negative impact on people who are not exceptionally wealthy, I shudder to think of how future iterations of paid Fastpass will look in 2, 5, or 10 years now that the seal is broken. Sigh.

http://www.wftv.com/news/local/walt-disney-world-to-allow-some-resort-guests-to-buy-additional-fastpasses/680857608

Maybe DIsney should never have "broken the seal" and offered a free fast pass system to begin with. Then people wouldn't complain about a free benefit being very slightly altered.

Whether it's Extra Magic Hours, upcharge holiday parties, or the dessert parties for nighttime shows there will always be ways that people who are willing to pay more will get a better experience at the expense of people who don't pay as much. It's capitalism. If you don't like it then don't go to the parks. If enough people don't like it and don't go then they'll change it.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:28 pm

^ :nina:

Honestly, my first thought when I saw there would be paid Fastpasses is "how can i get these, and how much?" I don't think we'll be doing the luxury hotels they're rolling these out to, as they're out of our price range even with IATA discounts, but if they would allow all resort guests to buy these, I would totally do it. I'm in the preliminary stages of planning a 2020 trip to WDW, and between 7-day park tickets, campground reservations, and dining plan, we're already looking at around $5K. I would totally drop another couple hundred to ensure we get to ride everything we want. It's kind of like an insurance policy on the trip.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:42 pm

^ We're pre-planning for a possible 2023 visit there, and I'm starting to think that we, as seniors, may be totally out-priced
on even the lowest priced stuff they got available. Accommodation included. And paid-for FastPasses? Since Tokyo Disney Resort
is (so far) doing fine with their huge (mostly) local crowds, and still using paper FastPasses, I'm sure we'll take a pass on those,
no matter how enticing they may be. For now. :wink:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Site Admin

Postby SharkTums » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:48 am

This move doesn't surprise me at all and actually makes a lot of sense. You pay A LOT of money for those club level rooms/suites/cabins/whatever and getting an extra perk at a price makes sense. This is not that different from Disneyland Paris Hotel which also offers extra fast passes to those staying in club level in suites. I highly doubt this will impact a normal guests experience.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:56 am

I support anything that Disney does that moves them closer to a paid Fastpass option in addition to the current system.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!