TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom Discussion Thread

p. 148 - Magic Kingdom Destination D23 news roundup!

Forgive my ignorance as I know next to nothing about the hardcore Disney fan scene (something I'm very grateful for) so hopefully this source is legitimate but WDW News Today is reporting that Stitch’s Great Escape is finally going to die. It will open again on December 23 and will run through January 6th. After that it will permanently close.

Again, forgive me for not knowing more about this source, but sources that are generally reliable have been sharing the story so I thought it was worth bringing up.

Personally this is one of the worst rides I've ever ridden in my entire life. I enjoy the property a lot so hopefully it's not the last we see of it at Walt Disney World, but this attraction is horrible.

giphy.gif

On seeing the animatronic close up -

On the rest of it -

^ Maybe they did 'it' on purpose? Or maybe that's what he reeeally looks like, close up?

I mean, Alec Baldwin looks better than this robot, does. IMhO.

Although I don't think I will step foot inside the attraction, I wonder what the reaction will be?

I imagine it will be strong on both sides and nothing in the middle.

Either lots of boos or cheers. Or both. And then fights breaking out.

Any bets on how long before they close it to revamp?

You'll note we did NOT put up a video and will not.

Also, I think that once they close Stitch Encounter they should put the Trump animatronic in there and have him escape and whisper crude things in your ear, try to grope the women, and burp Diet Coke breath in your face. Now that's an attraction!

Also, I think that once they close Stitch Encounter they should put the Trump animatronic in there and have him escape and whisper crude things in your ear, try to grope the women, and burp Diet Coke breath in your face. Now that's an attraction!

Or they could bring back a new version of Cranium Command where we go inside of his brain. Not that anyone would want to go inside of his brain, but it might at least answer some questions ya know.

I read elsewhere, that they have also decided to put a bit of "extra security" both outside and inside of the attraction.

Hmmm. Wonder what they're worried about?

What could possibly happen there, now?

This refurb was very good overall. The new movie is great and continues to cover the history of the presidency, exactly as it should. It's a bummer to lose Morgan Freeman and the previous Lincoln VA though. The Trump AA isn't good (but its' movements are incredibly smooth and lifelike!), but then again Disney didn't get the mouth and ears on Obama perfect either. I wonder why they haven't been able to these recent AA's on point? As long as you can stop crying over three minutes of Trump, you'll enjoy it. It's a show about the history of the presidency and not some massive political statement. I have no political stance at all, so maybe it's easier for me to ignore the "issue"?

I disagree. The history of the presidency is a maasive political statement. Disney himself believed in capitalism, American exceptionalism, and scientific progress. Those are political statements, and Disneyland is positively dripping with them. What you won't find is partisan politics, which are divisive and pointless. But the politics we call American values are very much a part of the parks, and that's evident in how hard Disney lobbied to have the Lincoln and Hall of Presidents attractions. The Walt Disney Co. is not honouring Trump by including his AA in this attraction. They're honouring Walt Disney.

I disagree. The history of the presidency is a maasive political statement. Disney himself believed in capitalism, American exceptionalism, and scientific progress. Those are political statements, and Disneyland is positively dripping with them. What you won't find is partisan politics, which are divisive and pointless. But the politics we call American values are very much a part of the parks, and that's evident in how hard Disney lobbied to have the Lincoln and Hall of Presidents attractions. The Walt Disney Co. is not honouring Trump by including his AA in this attraction. They're honouring Walt Disney.

They're honoring the office of the presidency, an office which President Trump currently holds. "We the people" put our faith in that office, and I think that's the message they're getting across.

Edit: On second thought... Nevermind. I'm not touching this with a ten foot pole but I will say that TPR's tweet about this attraction and subsequent responses to the idiotic comments it generated was gold, and this president still sucks "bigly".

Oh man, that may have been the first thread in the history of Twitter that was actually entertaining.