Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 940: Kentucky Flyer construction delayed by Fair Board
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 3 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:36 am

^That makes sense... You would think the park and the Fair could play nice knowing they share this space but if the park is hindered from using its allotted parking (which impacts the ability for guests to actually go to the park) then they have the right to sue for a business impact. Could they come to terms in a better way? Most likely. But the fair board has consistently shown that their interests in the park's success take a backseat in favor of the Fair.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Vonni » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:33 pm

I think it would have been better had Hart just built a new park elsewhere in the Louisville area rather than be under the Fair Boards thumb.

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:38 am

Vonni wrote:I think it would have been better had Hart just built a new park elsewhere in the Louisville area rather than be under the Fair Boards thumb.

:lol: :lol: :lol: If this were Roller Coaster Tycoon and you could just open a trainer and press a button every time you needed more money to build your park then yeah, sure.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:26 am

^We just need to give somebody "sandbox mode" from RCT 3 :lol: :lol: :lol: "$ unlimited"
Last edited by CoasterAuditor on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:26 am.
I'm an accountant that's obsessed with roller coasters
Knoebels > Everywhere

1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. Phoenix 4. Millennium Force 5. New Texas Giant

118 Coasters
16 Parks

Open Up Happiness

Postby jedimaster1227 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:13 am

Vonni wrote:I think it would have been better had Hart just built a new park elsewhere in the Louisville area rather than be under the Fair Boards thumb.

In an ideal scenario, building from scratch in a place where they had free reign would have been better... But the value in the existing Kentucky Kingdom site was that it required minimal work to reinstate the existing infrastructure and attractions, saving them millions in the typical upfront cost that goes into building a brand new park. I don't know that Ed Hart and his team could have brokered a land deal and gathered enough funds to start a new park from the ground up with as much relative ease as they had with bringing Kentucky Kingdom back to life.
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:13 pm

I knew this would eventually happen.

Postby thrillrider » Wed Oct 17, 2018 12:35 pm

I'm hearing that the fair board has come to there senses, and agreeing to the terms to allow the park to expand.

Kentucky Kingdom is pleased to report that the Fair Board has granted the park its request for one acre of expansion property required for the installation of its newest and 6th coaster – the Kentucky Flyer. The park was advised of this development after Mr. Hart held a press conference yesterday at the park.

Ed Hart had this to say: “I want to thank Governor Bevin and Secretary Landrum of the Finance and Administration Cabinet for making arrangements to cut through the paperwork necessary for Kentucky Kingdom and the Fair Board to come to terms. Of course, Kentucky Kingdom will provide, if it hasn’t already, all the information the Fair Board has requested. With that assurance, we’ve been given the green light to proceed. I am happy to declare that the Kentucky Flyer is on track for a 2019 grand opening. Clearly, this is an example of Governor Bevin and his administration cutting through the type of “red tape” that can hinder economic development in the Commonwealth.”
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Postby Canobie Coaster » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:12 pm

Do you have a link?

Great news for the park, but I have a feeling this isn't the last bit of red tape the park will have to deal with in the future.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Outlaw Run
Top 5 Steel- Steel Vengeance, Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Twisted Colossus, Fury 325
Most Recent Trip Reports- Lagoon & Lake Compounce Haunted Graveyard

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:13 pm

Following the negative publicity surrounding the dispute between the Kentucky State Fair Board and Kentucky Kingdom, the request for the acre of property needed for Kentucky Flyer has been granted, allowing for construction on the project to resume.

https://www.wave3.com/2018/10/17/state-approves-land-new-kentucky-kingdom-coaster/

Officials with Kentucky Kingdom plans for a new roller coaster are now a “go” after the Kentucky State Fair Board agreed to give the park the land it needed for the project.

Kentucky Kingdom said its request for one acre of property required to install its newest coaster, the Kentucky Flyer, has been granted by the Fair Board.

Park officials say the approval came after Ed Hart, President and CEO of Kentucky Kingdom, held a news conference yesterday to complain about the delay of the land transfer. According to Hart, the one acre was promised to him and he needed it to expand the park, but the State Fair Board wouldn’t agree to the transfer.

In a statement released today by Kentucky Kingdom spokesman, Hart said, “I want to thank Governor Bevin and Secretary Landrum of the Finance and Administration Cabinet for making arrangements to cut through the paperwork necessary for Kentucky Kingdom and the Fair Board to come to terms. Of course, Kentucky Kingdom will provide, if it hasn’t already, all the information the Fair Board has requested. With that assurance, we’ve been given the green light to proceed. I am happy to declare that the Kentucky Flyer is on track for a 2019 grand opening. Clearly, this is an example of Governor Bevin and his administration cutting through the type of ‘red tape’ that can hinder economic development in the Commonwealth.”

Kentucky Flyer, a wooden roller coaster, would be the 6th coaster at the park.
Last edited by jedimaster1227 on Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:05 pm.
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:15 pm

^ Awesome! So do we know anything about the extra acreage that the park had said they have the right to expand on? Is that still the plan?
Wood-22
Steel- 84
Total- 106

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!