Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 911 - Scream Xtreme (Zamperla Endeavor) added for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby marth555 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:29 am

Love the first pic

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:42 pm

I'll be posting a trip report soon as well, still sifting through my photos. I did finish a little video of the ride storage area with Lightning Run and Storm Chaser trains:

To Mikey and Guy, hope all's well on your ends. Sorry to hear you guys had to skip out.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:19 am

So, about that TR...

The beginning of the day started with little to no pics due to the heavy downpour upon arrival. After being led to a shelter for temporary discussions, we were led back out to the park's operations building for a welcoming and a tour inside. There we got a peek at the office spaces and how they had renovated it to be more open with more glass walls after Ed Hart took back control, and we got a peek at some of the new staff uniforms that would be used this year.

After all that, we were led back out to start the tour while the rain had calmed.
_QD_0401(edited).jpg
Makin' our way thru games area.
_QD_0443(edited).jpg
One of the couple new rides for 2018, Rock 'n' Roller, which was placed between Prof. John's Flying Machines and Lightning Run. Scream Xtreme was not on site yet, but was said to be ready by Memorial Day.
_QD_0448(edited).jpg
Rides closed, but we'll just wait it out a lil and it should be up and running soon, right?
_QD_0456(edited).jpg
Following the crowd to the back half, over the cars going to, what I believe was, the flea market at the Expo Center.
_QD_0459(edited).jpg
Less crowded than I usually see it. ;)
_QD_0467(edited).jpg
Giant wheel is giant.
_QD_0479(edited).jpg
Everyone gathered for a group pic, but I felt too compelled to try to make a photo to join. :s
_QD_0491(edited).jpg
As they had promised earlier, they then took us up Deep Water Dive for views 121 feet up.
_QD_0513(edited).jpg
At 66 feet tall, Wave Runner is still quite a tall slide as well.
_QD_0535(edited).jpg
Almost there folks, then you can catch your breaths.
_QD_0547(edited).jpg
Finally, the view!
_QD_0560(edited).jpg
This is the capsule that people go in, but hardly ever come back out of.
_QD_0580(edited).jpg
We'll come back to you, later.
_QD_0588(edited).jpg
For any interested, the Louisville skyline is somewhere in this pic. Can you see it?
_QD_0683(edited).jpg
After scaling back down the stairs and wandering to the other corner of the park, we turned a corner and were a little surprised to see something familiar waiting to say hello.
_QD_0693(edited).jpg
I guess this is a final goodbye! You'll be missed, but a replacement was certainly needed, imo.
_QD_0726(edited).jpg
Then we all hung out under a corked roll.
_QD_0729(edited).jpg
There was plenty photo ops and track touching.
_QD_0743(edited).jpg
Also that roll™
_QD_0762(edited).jpg
Did I mention the roll™?
_QD_0772(edited).jpg
After the tour we were brought back to the operations building to talk about the new rides and attractions coming to the park (much of what's already been mentioned in this thread), as well as a Q&A and giveaways for answering trivia.. Also there was free pizza!
_QD_0789(edited).jpg
The very last thing we did was have a look at picnic pavilions where many ride cars were being stored.
_QD_0798(edited).jpg
_QD_0804(edited).jpg
How's it going, RMC?
_QD_0821(edited).jpg
As sleek as this train's design is, i always underestimate how big the front nose is.
_QD_0829(edited).jpg
Gotta show some love to the best coaster in the park.
_QD_0834(edited).jpg
And the last year's newest coast- er, flat ride.
_QD_0847(edited).jpg
After this we were led out and went our merry ways.

Had a pretty good time touring the park and getting opportunities to visit areas that are typically off limits, especially standing under Storm Chaser track and seeing the trains stored. A big thank you goes to Kentucky Kingdom for organizing the free event and inviting us all out!
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:09 am

Great photos! Looks like it's the only park in the area that isn't under water :lol: I bet there was enough rain you could have gone down the slides.

Can't wait to check out the park sometime this year!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby JordyC » Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:54 am

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing.
Quality Over Quantity

1. Shambhala - PortAventura Park 2. Taron - Phantasialand 3. Helix - Liseberg 4. Expedition GeForce - Holiday Park 5. Schwur des Kärnan - Hansa-Park 6. Silver Star - Europa-Park 7. Balder - Liseberg 8. Goliath - Walibi Holland 9. Alpina Blitz - Nigloland 10. Icon - Blackpool Pleasure Beach

Coasters: 203 || Parks: 38

Toverland || Alton Towers || South Pier || Blackpool Pleasure Beach || Thorpe Park || Wildlands || Walibi Belgium || Parque Warner || Parque de Atracciones || Phantasialand

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:07 pm

Thanks for sharing!

I am contemplating over trying to see if we can shoehorn this park in when we do Branson in May, although I am not sure if we'll have time or not.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby bgtlover » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:10 pm

^I'm planning to go in June as an added park on our road trip (from FL to Carowinds/Cedar Point/Kings Island/Knoxville and back). We'll only have maybe 4-5 hours to spend at the park between leaving Mason, OH and arrive in Knoxville by dinner time. I have been assured by several people that 4 hours should be plenty for the coasters and flats I wish to do; some saying I might only need 2 hours...lol. Most agree the water park is busier than the dry side. I suppose it depends on how much you want to do there. They have the out-of-state special for $39.99 admission which includes free drinks, and a 2nd day free during the 2018 season (they go on sale in April). I'm usually pretty frugal when it comes to going to a new-to-me park, and suppose $40 for 4 hours isn't too bad. I generally don't plan going to a new place like that and not stay all day, but since we'll be so close, I'd hate to pass it up not knowing when I'll be in the area again.
https://www.kentuckykingdom.com/out-of-state-visitors/
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Postby Philrad71 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 3:38 pm

^ Thanks for that!

I may also explore seeing if I can get tickets through work. Given that our headquarters are in Indiana, last year they were offering 2 day passes to KK for $18.99. Crazy!

If they offer that price in 2018, we would definitely be stopping by for a couple of hours. We likely wouldn't do the water park anyway, so me breezing through the coasters wouldn't/shouldn't take too long.

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Oh wow, that's an incredible deal if you can get it. I got the $40 out of state deal, and it's totally worth it. 4 hours is plenty if you're not doing the waterpark.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby prozach626 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:37 pm

Seeing the pictures of Lightning Run remind me of what an underrated coaster it is. KK's vibrant color scheme is awesome, as well.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!