Switch to full style
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Post a reply

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:02 am

drummermattk wrote:Well what a coincidence, Ed Hart did wonder why some people do not like Thunder Run at the last rides event lunch and some people did say it was a little rough. Guess the park is trying to make it the #1 wooden coaster that it was when it opened.

Personally, I don't think making it any smoother will make it a better ride. The layout is kind of boring, and even from the back seat there isn't much airtime. It's a decent introductory coaster, though.

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Woodie Warrior wrote:
drummermattk wrote:Well what a coincidence, Ed Hart did wonder why some people do not like Thunder Run at the last rides event lunch and some people did say it was a little rough. Guess the park is trying to make it the #1 wooden coaster that it was when it opened.

Personally, I don't think making it any smoother will make it a better ride. The layout is kind of boring, and even from the back seat there isn't much airtime. It's a decent introductory coaster, though.

RMC can fix that :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:11 am

It's great that they are maintaining an older woodie as well as they are though! Good for them.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:14 am

Last edited by jynx242 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:56 pm.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:29 am

I think Thunder Run is just fine in comparison to what Kentucky Kingdom offers. I'm a big critic of rough coasters and it seemed very smooth, especially in comparison to what nearby Holiday World has to offer. I put Thunder Run in the category of one ride per visit. If the park had a few more larger and thrilling options I probably wouldn't pay any attention to it, but they don't.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:38 am

prozach626 wrote:I think Thunder Run is just fine in comparison to what Kentucky Kingdom offers. I'm a big critic of rough coasters and it seemed very smooth, especially in comparison to what nearby Holiday World has to offer.

I was just in the middle of writing the exact same thing. I enjoyed Thunder Run quite a bit. We made our first visit to Kentucky Kingdom and our first visit to Holiday World on the same day earlier this year and (while it won't make any top 10 lists) I thought Thunder Run was infinitely smoother and more enjoyable than Raven or Legend.

I didn't really find the ride rough at all, but a little track work is always welcome. Good for Kentucky Kingdom.

Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:10 pm

Probably the best Dinn coaster out there left (which isn't saying much at all) but easily the best maintained if we look how bad the others got over time

Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:26 pm

lbeeler wrote:
Woodie Warrior wrote:

The irony is faaar too strong in this one, lol

Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:59 pm

I went to both Kentucky Kingdom and Holiday World for the first time over this summer (along with Kings Island but nobody has mentioned that place). I absolutely LOVED all of the woodies I rode. Raven was pretty rough. Well, it was on and off throughout the day. I rode it ten times and I thought it was glossy smooth five times, I thought it was moderately rough twice, and I thought it was unbearably rough three times. I never even rode in the backseat. I thought the Legend was VERY smooth and I LOVED it. And Thunder Run. There is just something about it that I really loved. I loved all the low to the ground turns and I loved those ejector airtime hills. Plus I thought it was very smooth in the front seat. I rode it in the back and it was moderately rough. Although I am younger so I can take a little more jostling around.

Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:43 am

Midgetman82 wrote:
lbeeler wrote:
Woodie Warrior wrote:

The irony is faaar too strong in this one, lol

lol
Post a reply