Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 911 - Scream Xtreme (Zamperla Endeavor) added for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby thrillrider » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:18 am

It's a great ride.

I was able to ride it down at six flags over Texas this summer. The himalaya ride looks similar to the version that jeepers has.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ratdogg68 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:02 pm

mikeykaise wrote:
ratdogg68 wrote:Scream Extreme, is a new generation Enterprise, to replace the old one. Curious to see what the other ride is. They said the older watersildes in Hurricane Bay were going away, but they didn't say anything about them. Maybe a New Watercoaster, huh?

I'm wondering if they are going to take out that whole ride complex and put the cabanas there.

I could see that, Cabana's around the lazy River.
Let the Riding begin

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Garet » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:41 pm

Happy family also came to Everlands 4d cinema this year

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:21 pm

ratdogg68 wrote:
mikeykaise wrote:
ratdogg68 wrote:Scream Extreme, is a new generation Enterprise, to replace the old one. Curious to see what the other ride is. They said the older watersildes in Hurricane Bay were going away, but they didn't say anything about them. Maybe a New Watercoaster, huh?

I'm wondering if they are going to take out that whole ride complex and put the cabanas there.

I could see that, Cabana's around the lazy River.

It was written that they'd be near the wave pool:
WDRB wrote:Other upgrades for the park include new cabanas near the giant wave pool, more shade structures and new seating throughout the park.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/36750528/kentucky-kingdom-adds-4-new-attractions-for-2018-season
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby tuxedomask5432 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:54 am

Wow, Thunder Run is getting another refurbishment, and it doesn't even seem like it's been that long since the last one. It was one of my favorite woodies even when it was rough. This park has been installing some great attractions, and now I think I need to go back.

Postby coasterbill » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:15 am

I sort of feel like they're just doing routine maintenance on Thunder Run and trying to make that marketable but as long as they're taking good care of the coaster and it keeps running well then more power to them. I can't fault them for it. :lol:

Postby Canobie Coaster » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:29 am

Great to see the park trying to keep their wooden coaster in tip top shape.

I was personally a little let down by the endeavor when I rode it at SFOT this past summer (found the forces uncomfortable due to the seats), but it seemed to be popular so it should be a good addition.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, Wildfire, Balder, Voyage
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Shambhala
Top 5 Parks- Europa Park, Cedar Point, Disneyland, Phantasialand, Knoebels

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:34 am

coasterbill wrote:I sort of feel like they're just doing routine maintenance on Thunder Run and trying to make that marketable but as long as they're taking good care of the coaster and it keeps running well then more power to them. I can't fault them for it. :lol:

See I would absolutely LOVE it if more parks actually did this. I'm so tired of parks letting good wooden coasters go to crap because there's no ROI in keeping them maintained, and then everyone begs them to tear them down. Such a waste. I get excited when they get refurbished though - it's almost like a new coaster sometimes. This will literally bump KK up a notch in my priority list. I might just be able to squeeze out a roadtrip over there next summer if all goes well.

These are fantastic flat additions too. I really enjoy the Zamperla Endeavors. Some of them need a longer ride cycle, but they really do capture the essence of the old enterprises.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!