Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

P. 911 - Scream Xtreme (Zamperla Endeavor) added for 2018
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Postby JT325 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:09 pm

^I did read that, good report! So... did T3 (having the longest line per your report) run 2 trains or 1? Also, how many seats are there on the trains? I'm not super-excited to ride that ride or anything, just wondering about their operations.
#CPFrontierLift2019

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:55 am

It was only running 1 train, and I did not see a second train anywhere. Not sure how many seats, but I'm guessing a total of 16.
261 steel coasters
100 wood coasters

You're going to need a bigger Donkey

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:31 pm

If I remember correctly it was 14, but don't hold me to that because I could be off.
Wood-29
Steel- 74
Total- 103

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby bgtlover » Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:06 am

The train seats 14 (7 rows x 2)
Also listed at RCDB: https://rcdb.com/175.htm
Current Coaster Count: 87
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby ratdogg68 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:25 am

Look for something new, to take the place of The Enterprise, next year. Was told to get our last rides in yesterday, because it's replacement is already on it's way. 2019 will be the next big attraction, around 220 feet.
Let the Riding begin

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:47 am

ratdogg68 wrote:Look for something new, to take the place of The Enterprise, next year. Was told to get our last rides in yesterday, because it's replacement is already on it's way. 2019 will be the next big attraction, around 220 feet.

Ed said this? It sucks if it's true because I have yet to ride enterprise and I was looking forward to it next season. It seems odd that they'd remove it, as it seems like one of their most popular flats. As for 2019, I'm hoping for a coaster that tall. :lover: If not a coaster, a tall drop tower would be nice although they already have Fear Fall so it wouldn't make much sense.
Wood-29
Steel- 74
Total- 103

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby kahill04 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:12 am

Diamondbacker27 wrote:
ratdogg68 wrote:Look for something new, to take the place of The Enterprise, next year. Was told to get our last rides in yesterday, because it's replacement is already on it's way. 2019 will be the next big attraction, around 220 feet.

Ed said this? It sucks if it's true because I have yet to ride enterprise and I was looking forward to it next season. It seems odd that they'd remove it, as it seems like one of their most popular flats. As for 2019, I'm hoping for a coaster that tall. :lover: If not a coaster, a tall drop tower would be nice although they already have Fear Fall so it wouldn't make much sense.

Grona Lund has an Intamin Skyjump, Intamin 2nd gen drop tower and an S&S Tower. A second drop tower doesn’t sounds too impossible :lmao: but in all seriousness I could see KK getting a Zamperla Endeavor to provide a new take on a classic ride. As far as the 220 ft attraction, did Ed say this himself? Definitely didn’t see a hyper coaster coming but that’d definitely draw in crowds.

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:42 am

Do you think a hyper will really attract customers? I think its plausible because the GP is attracted to anything big. Then again, KI has a hyper not that far away and they already have Lightning Run which is basically the same thing as a hyper with a shorter lift and more compact layout. I think something like a dive coaster or a floorless coaster would draw in the public. No parks nearby have either of those. Cedar Point is about 5-6 hours from KK.
Wood-29
Steel- 74
Total- 103

Is my pee supposed to be this color?

Postby Midgetman82 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:57 am

Ed said 220 feet is the max height in the park, so that could basically hint at any type of coaster that could reach that point. Doesn't strictly have to be a hyper like Diamondback. Heck, a 200ft Mack with numerous inversions could still be pretty marketable in the region.

And while a little bittersweet with Enterprise going, I do think it was about time for it to go. I could certainly feel its age when I rode it.
So long, and thanks for all the fish! | Photography Blog |Flickr | @WaterSlideDB | Coaster Count

Postby Diamondbacker27 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:08 am

I would love a mack in the park, no park near has one.
Wood-29
Steel- 74
Total- 103

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!