TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

I am guessing a flat ride either a Zamperla Air Race or a Gerstlauer Sky Roller. Since the 2018 ride was an endeavor from Zamperla I would think it would be an Air Race.

Although doing teaser videos for a flat ride like this would not be how KK typically operates.

While the name and theme does match perfectly with an Air Race, I'm not sure why they would do these little teasers for a simple flat ride. They didn't do this with previous flats they've added, as far as I know. I'm not saying huge new $20 million B&M or anything, but I have a feeling something a little larger than a regular flat ride is coming.

Teasers are really popular right now. Look at how much Kings Island hyped the antique cars. (Which I'm not mad about.) It's good for marketing and generating interest.

Likewise, Six Flags St. Louis teased our Endeavor more than they probably should have.

I previously said a Chance Unicoaster as dream prediction but I could honestly see a S&S free spin. Would fit in a thin space. Say by the eye of the storm area. I cant remember where the height limits are but the area by Storm Chaser is a dead area

I'll bet you guys anything it's this.

Ed Hart has said before that he doesn't like launched coasters because they're expensive to run and have reliability issues. Firehawk is apparently both of those things. Hard to see him making this move.

I don't think you're thinking of the right roller coaster, and that the coaster you're thinking of is not going anywhere anyways since it'll be open for Winterfest this year.

In terms of reliability and expense, you're probably right though. That ride's horribly inefficient (and loud)

I'll bet you guys anything it's this.

Ed Hart has said before that he doesn't like launched coasters because they're expensive to run and have reliability issues. Firehawk is apparently both of those things. Hard to see him making this move.

I don't think you're thinking of the right roller coaster, and that the coaster you're thinking of is not going anywhere anyways since it'll be open for Winterfest this year.

In terms of reliability and expense, you're probably right though. That ride's horribly inefficient (and loud)

My bad. I was referring to the fact that he dislikes launched coasters because they're expensive to run and unreliable. Apparently Firehawk is very unreliable and has likely been expensive to maintain recently. So it would make sense that even though Firehawk isn't a launched coaster, Ed Hart wouldn't want it for those same reasons.

Hmmmmm, this is interesting... I'm thinking Racer, Beast (god forbid - the backlash would be horrendous), or Vortex:

Don Helbig

@DonHelbig

Rumors confirmed. A roller coaster will be removed at Kings Island. #KingsIsland #RestInPiecesKI #ItsBigItsGone #RIP2018KI