TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Has the park ever teased in a similar way for a new attraction? I can't recall of a time, so it must be something pretty cool. I don't think it's a large scale coaster, I don't even think it's a coaster. However, did we ever hear where Dorney's boomerang went? Was it scrapped? Sold?

I am 99% sure Stinger got scrapped (someone correct me if I'm wrong). But even if it wasn't, I highly doubt that ride would go to Kentucky Kingdom with Kings Island's Invertigo very closeby. I know stuff like this doesn't matter most of the time, but it does seem like the KK-HW-KI trio don't have many coasters in common.

This park should totally add an RMC Raptor. Then they would have an unbeatable one-two-three punch.

Has the park ever teased in a similar way for a new attraction? I can't recall of a time, so it must be something pretty cool. I don't think it's a large scale coaster, I don't even think it's a coaster. However, did we ever hear where Dorney's boomerang went? Was it scrapped? Sold?

It was scrapped.

What're your predictions? I know that Kingdom doesn't have a huge budget to spend on a new coaster, or thats what I'm assuming. Ed has hinted at another RMC and I believe he's hinted at a B&M. I personally don't see an Intamin being installed at the park. KK has had a rocky road with their Intamin ship ride this year. Personally, I think its a coaster. I just don't know what manufacturer or style they'd go with. The park has never teased an attraction to this degree, to my knowledge. The park is putting out multiple teaser videos with an official announcement date to be announced at a later date. There are a few markings behind deep water dive, and I've heard there are some behind sky catcher. As of last month, there was a very small amount of land clearing behind skycatcher and theres been a few bulldozers by deep water dive for a month or two. I'm super excited to see the new teaser video on Friday!

Has the park ever teased in a similar way for a new attraction? I can't recall of a time, so it must be something pretty cool. I don't think it's a large scale coaster, I don't even think it's a coaster.
Personally, I think its a coaster.

How did you get from that first post to that second one in FOUR DAYS?

This is how people work themselves up into a frenzy and then end up going on a tirade when the park makes their announcement claiming that they hyped it up too much. No. You're hyping it up... not the park.

The park has never teased an attraction to this degree

um... the park released (from what I can tell) one Youtube video that's 8 seconds long. That's it.

I don't think the park is hyping anything too much and I won't claim that they were. Regardless of what it is, I won't complain because it's better than nothing. I didn't think it was a coaster at first, but being at the park all weekend, talking to a bunch of people, my thoughts have changed. Granted, I am looking too much into things, I'll be happy with whatever we get.