TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

^I'm planning to go in June as an added park on our road trip (from FL to Carowinds/Cedar Point/Kings Island/Knoxville and back). We'll only have maybe 4-5 hours to spend at the park between leaving Mason, OH and arrive in Knoxville by dinner time. I have been assured by several people that 4 hours should be plenty for the coasters and flats I wish to do; some saying I might only need 2 hours...lol. Most agree the water park is busier than the dry side. I suppose it depends on how much you want to do there. They have the out-of-state special for $39.99 admission which includes free drinks, and a 2nd day free during the 2018 season (they go on sale in April). I'm usually pretty frugal when it comes to going to a new-to-me park, and suppose $40 for 4 hours isn't too bad. I generally don't plan going to a new place like that and not stay all day, but since we'll be so close, I'd hate to pass it up not knowing when I'll be in the area again.

https://www.kentuckykingdom.com/out-of-state-visitors/

^ Thanks for that!

I may also explore seeing if I can get tickets through work. Given that our headquarters are in Indiana, last year they were offering 2 day passes to KK for $18.99. Crazy!

If they offer that price in 2018, we would definitely be stopping by for a couple of hours. We likely wouldn't do the water park anyway, so me breezing through the coasters wouldn't/shouldn't take too long.

• 3 weeks later...

Kentucky Kingdom announced today that they are purchasing the former Go Ape! attraction located in Jefferson Memorial Forest about 10 minutes from the park. They already have the website up and operating for the attraction which they are calling Zipline Kingdom. For those of you interested you can visit the website here: http://ziplinekingdom.com. This seems like an interesting idea from the park and proves they really care about the community bringing another shuttered attraction back to the city.

• 4 weeks later...
Maybe I missed something, but what is the difference between the rock n' roller and Himalaya? The park now has both and they seem pretty similar to me.

Himalaya is bigger and has a roof over it. The Rock n Roller is smaller and for children. Unfortunately Rock n Roller has nothing to do with music lol.

Oh nice, thank you guys!

No problem! I actually had to look it up first because there's the traditional "rock n roll" ride which is like the Himalaya/Music Express style rides but then I saw what KK was adding. And I was confused too at first because knowing they had a Himalaya and seeing they were getting a ride called "Rock n Roller" I thought it was a traditional Rock N Roll flat ride. The more you know.

^ I thought maybe the were replacing the seals with the new bird show but the website still shows both of them listed... shewwww!

They told us at the Winter Walk-through that they were working on something for the old Batman Arena behind T3, they couldn't say then what it was. But I think that is where the Bird Show will be, perfect for a Bird show, being outdoors.