TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

There are a bunch of enthusiasts who are still in denial, and who believe that a really good coaster cannot possibly be scrapped. It would really help a lot of people to learn at least some business sense. Makes it a lot easier to realize that precisely because these coasters are so good, Universal would never want them to fall into the hands of anyone else. They don't want them, sure, but no one else will have them, either.

Edited by ytterbiumanalyst

All's I'm sayin' is, if they DO replace T3 I would hope it would be with another suspended coaster. As I've said before, I'm not the biggest B&M fan in the world as I feel their coasters tend to be formulaic...but Banshee's a homerun and threw some stuff at me I wasn't expecting. It'd be awesome if Kentucky Kingdom one-upped 'em on that like they did Mantis when they build Chang. Not original, but at least a coaster layout I enjoy would be (much) closer to home.

I dunno, I guess I'm not the most excited about the idea of a hyper coaster at Kentucky Kingdom. I'm still not sure if the park could really handle such a thing. I get the general consensus seems to be that's the direction they're heading in, but I'm just not fully sold on that idea. It doesn't seem to fit within Hart's MO.

Just to add a cold hard fact to this debate in a completely neutral manner, I wanted to remind people that Ed Hart did in fact buy a used Arrow mine train (Big Bad John) from Dollywood when he was running Magic Springs in Arkansas. So while it is only speculation that he was considering to purchase Time Machine we do know that he has purchased a somewhat sizeable used rollercoaster before in Big Bad John. It is also worth noting that the mine train, built in 1978, was older at the time of relocation to Magic Springs than Dragons might be if it were to be relocated in the next couple of years. Just a tidbit of information that I found to be relevant and wanted to share.

Just to add a cold hard fact to this debate in a completely neutral manner, I wanted to remind people that Ed Hart did in fact buy a used Arrow mine train (Big Bad John) from Dollywood when he was running Magic Springs in Arkansas. So while it is only speculation that he was considering to purchase Time Machine we do know that he has purchased a somewhat sizeable used rollercoaster before in Big Bad John. It is also worth noting that the mine train, built in 1978, was older at the time in relocation to Magic Springs than Dragons might be if it were to be relocated in the next couple of years. Just a tidbit of information that I found to be relevant and wanted to share.

The key difference here is that Big Bad John was actually for sale. Dragons is not and will never be.

Just to add a cold hard fact to this debate in a completely neutral manner, I wanted to remind people that Ed Hart did in fact buy a used Arrow mine train (Big Bad John) from Dollywood when he was running Magic Springs in Arkansas. So while it is only speculation that he was considering to purchase Time Machine we do know that he has purchased a somewhat sizeable used rollercoaster before in Big Bad John. It is also worth noting that the mine train, built in 1978, was older at the time of relocation to Magic Springs than Dragons might be if it were to be relocated in the next couple of years. Just a tidbit of information that I found to be relevant and wanted to share.

Hadn't it been confirmed that he had tried to purchase Time Machine though, or am I mistaken?

I hope T3 isn't removed. They can fix the tracking. It does not take up a huge amount of space. They can get creative and still fit large attractions in without having to remove attractions

Time Machine was for sale. Dueling Dragons is not for sale. That is the point Bill keeps trying to get across.

T3 is such a trash ride... Pure garbage. I feel bad that KK thought they could fix that ride and went with Kumbak for those god-awful trains. That must've been a ton of money they spent that could've gone anywhere else. Replacing T3 with a second larson superloop would be an improvement.

I believe the conversation has moved forward from the Dragons, though. We get it, it's not for sale. I was under the impression Hart had stated in an interview that he had attempted to purchase the Time Machine coaster for the park's reopening. I was asking if I was mistaken on that. What we DO have in an interview however, is Hart discussing talking with RMC about a new coaster while discussing the opening of Storm Chaser. This is why I'm thinking that IF there's a hyper coaster coming, it'd be a T-Rex tracked coaster. Just as buying a major used coaster wouldn't be out of the realm of possible for Mr. Hart, neither would building a first-of-it's-kind coaster. A T-Rex tracked coaster, first of it's kind, would be just the type of thing that would fire up enthusiasts and draw them to the park much the same way Chang did.

Kentucky Kingdom was in a similar place as it is now back when Hart first held it, when he built Chang. Chang was the coaster that took Kentucky Kingdom "over the top" so to speak from "small regional park" into somewhere that was growing to be a major attraction for enthusiasts. (OK, Kingdom's a little further along in those respects than it was then but it's still not a "big time player" at the moment) Building a T-Rex tracked hyper would do for the park now what Chang did then. It would be the same shot across the bow, this park came to play type of moment.

I'm also inclined to agree in that I kind of hope they don't remove T3, at least not at this stage of the game.

Please excuse the temporary closure of this thread while I clean up the immature bullshit of the past 2 days. Please be mature enough to not pile on to minor arguments on escalate them any further. If I send you a PM please read it, thank you.

Let me make something VERY VERY clear - Larry is doing work to clean up this thread. If you have posted ANYTHING regarding the drama he is trying to clean up AFTER his post, you will be banned. I don't give a f*ck what you posted or how long you've been on our forum. This stupid bullshit is going to stop RIGHT NOW.

Edited by robbalvey

If I send you a PM please read it, thank you.

Also, if you have received an PM from Larry please consider that your absolute FINAL WARNING on TPR. If we ever have to send a PM again, we won't be sending a PM we will be banning you forever from our page.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I can expect if I decide to go to KK during the State Fair? I see the water park will be open this time around

First and foremost, Saturday-only public operations (Both Sundays during the fair are private buyout days). Might gather a fairly heavier crowd at the park, but who knows for sure. Arrive around opening anyways to get the most out of it. Parking is probably going to be a pain since the lots normally used for KK parking will be occupied by the fair, so you'll have to park further from the entrance. You'll have to pay for fair parking ($10) and fair admission ($10) on top of your KK admission if you don't already have a season pass.

This isn't to deter you from going if it's the only time you can go, just letting you know what you're getting into if you do go. If you leave the park early, do take some time to walk around and explore some of the fair.

is it $10 for the whole day or the regular admission price +10 for the event? The site isn't clear it just says $10 if you are a season pass holder, so I'm guessing a normal ticket + $10?

If you're a season pass member the event is included. If not it's $10 plus regular admission. in either circumstance you still have to register for an invite.

Kentucky Kingdom and Hurricane Bay will be hosting an event on October 1st, 2017. This will be called LAST RIDES and will be INVITATION ONLY. Kentucky Kingdom will be open to public from 11AM-7PM, and Hurricane Bay will be open to public from 11AM-6PM. After Park Close, We will have a Special ERT (Exclusive Ride Time) at certain attractions from 7PM-8PM exclusively for event guest.(Details Coming Soon)

Ticket will be $10 Per person* without a season-pass

Season-Pass Holders will be allowed entry with their 2017 pass!

All-you-can-eat Buffet will be $15 Per Person (Everyone including Season-Pass Holders must pay for the meal)

Popped by this Saturday. A few interesting notes:

-Parking, as expected, was a headache-and-a-half. Looped the entire fair and expo center twice, before eventually getting a spot at the far end of the overflow lot right beside Deep Water Dive. (Note: I arrived 3pm)

-Day admission to the park for non-season pass holders was $16 (after fair admission). They also had free drinks all day, which I learned about when I went to a random drink station and they handed me a cup on the spot.

-It wasn't as crazy-crowded in the park as I had expected it to be. Lines were very manageable, with only mid to low waits for most rides.

-Thrill Ville (Fair Rides Area), location-wise, definitely was better than where they would usually have it! It did mean sacrificing a couple potential larger rides since it is a slightly smaller plot of land, but it was plenty enough for a nice evening out to enjoy the rides. In my opinion, at least they kept the good rides.

All-in-all, I had a fantastic time out at the park and at the fair rides! While the fair was more packed, it was nice the folks there were friendly enough too (compared to experiences at other fairs I've been to). As per usual every year I go, I have video clips to throw together into a tiny video of the fair. That'll come at some point in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...
How does Storm Chaser compare to other RMCs? I made it out to the park a few weeks ago and rode it. It was my first RMC and I throughly enjoyed it, but I was wondering how others shape up next to it.

It's an amazing coaster.

I've ridden Lightning Rod, Outlaw Run, Goliath, and Storm Chaser.

To me it's in third ahead of Goliath. Outlaw Run isn't that much further ahead though.