Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Open Up Happiness

Re: Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Postby jedimaster1227 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:41 am

^Thank you for sharing this great news with us Dan! We're excited to see the park continue to grow and improve in the coming years and we appreciate you keeping us in the loop throughout this process! I look forward to reading more of your posts in the future! =)
Change the scheme, Alter the mood! Electrify the boys and girls if you would be so kind!

Jason X versus the Robot Space Donkey!

Postby HWFan » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:46 am

I can't wait to see all of the improvements the park is making for 2017. A lot of the time, a more comfortable environment is better than a new ride or slide.

Check out the video here.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:18 pm

I still think Flying Scooters or a Scrambler would've been a great 2017 addition too.
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby EliHorton » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:16 pm

Sounds like a nice expansion is coming to the park in 2018! Dan Koch posted a picture on Facebook of the new bridge connecting the dry park and the water park with the caption "Water Park entrance redo is nearing completion. Needed for 2018 expansion and future growth." I hope it is a couple flat rides! I really hope they get a Scrambler, some Flying Scooters, and maybe some high thrill flat ride maybe from Zamperla. Maybe they could also finally reopen the log flume! What our your guys' thoughts?

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby outdoors79 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:02 pm

I am very excited and grateful for the continuing improvements but in my opinion they really need something more thrilling in the dry park besides rampage to attract more people, especially since the new OWA amusement parkin Foley, Al is opening this summer with a massive steele coaster and thrilling flat rides.. they really need to try and compete.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby EliHorton » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:06 pm

outdoors79 wrote:I am very excited and grateful for the continuing improvements but in my opinion they really need something more thrilling in the dry park besides rampage to attract more people, especially since the new OWA amusement parkin Foley, Al is opening this summer with a massive steele coaster and thrilling flat rides.. they really need to try and compete.

I honestly think something big is coming to the dry park next year. I think this year was meant to save up capital for next year. And I think it is good to be a bit patient, I mean the Koch's bought this park only a couple years ago. In 2014 they added a bunch of kiddie rides and such, 2015 they refurbished and reopened Rampage, in 2016 they added a new restaurant and two other family rides. Now this year is a bit slow with them only building a new bridge/entrance into the dry park. I could see them getting at least two larger flat rides next year. I think this park will become great over the next couple years, I mean just look at how well they took care of Holiday World.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby William Wonka » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:41 pm

Hi friends, been a long time. Yes, the little experiment in Alabama continues. In order to drive this park into the future, we must increase length of stay. How is that done on the less expensive side? Answer? Water park attractions and slides. So, here is the basic 5 year blue print, kids slides in 2018, other more thrilling slides and play structures in 2019 and 2020. Add a collection of dry park rides as market offerings allow, looking for classic pieces. Longer term, say 10 years, get a real cool steel coaster that is not even yet designed. For the near term, we must build for the general population with some thrilling elements and increase length of stay. In the next three years that means water park pieces. A scrambler is a 2 minute event. A kids slide complex is a 30 minute plus event. This park is going to take a long time to build out. Candidly,the rebuild of the infrastructure has been depressing and it doesn't drive attendance in any way, but it had to be done to save the park. But we have made enough progress that the future is bright although not growing as rapidly as I like. But it continues to grow in attendance and sales, so here I type away, looking into the best years that are ahead of us. I like to build big stuff. We didn't come here to build a little park, but we gotta take baby steps, then walk and then run. Life is good and the future is bright. Thank you Theme Park Review Family and Friends, we are humbled that you haven't relegated us to a footnote in history! LOl and see you at the park! Regards, Dan and The General.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Shavethewhales » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Sounds like a great plan William. I can appreciate how much of a struggle it can be to get infrastructure under control, but I'm very glad that you've put in the grind to get it done and ensure the future of the park. You have exactly the right business mindset with your focus on growing and catering to your current crowd.

Just keep the Rampage running and I'll eventually make the 10 hour journey out there from where I live!

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby William Wonka » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:06 pm

Rampage Train is heading back to PTC for its semi annual overhaul, and we are doing offseason track work, so the Rampage is gonna keep a rollin on! I love that coaster. It's our signature theme park piece. Have faith America, more is coming but this is Alabama and we move slowwwwww down here but we do move! LOL, but true, and thank you all!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:36 am

Bummer no new flat rides, You can get some ITAL Rides for pretty good prices.

I have a Top 5 video coming in a few months about Alabama Splash Adventures.

UPDATE: Ital has a 2010 Flow Rider for $250,000 and a Never used 2007 Proslide Behemoth Bowl
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!