Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:32 am

William Wonka wrote:Hi friends, been a long time. Yes, the little experiment in Alabama continues. In order to drive this park into the future, we must increase length of stay. How is that done on the less expensive side? Answer? Water park attractions and slides. So, here is the basic 5 year blue print, kids slides in 2018, other more thrilling slides and play structures in 2019 and 2020. Add a collection of dry park rides as market offerings allow, looking for classic pieces. Longer term, say 10 years, get a real cool steel coaster that is not even yet designed. For the near term, we must build for the general population with some thrilling elements and increase length of stay. In the next three years that means water park pieces. A scrambler is a 2 minute event. A kids slide complex is a 30 minute plus event. This park is going to take a long time to build out. Candidly,the rebuild of the infrastructure has been depressing and it doesn't drive attendance in any way, but it had to be done to save the park. But we have made enough progress that the future is bright although not growing as rapidly as I like. But it continues to grow in attendance and sales, so here I type away, looking into the best years that are ahead of us. I like to build big stuff. We didn't come here to build a little park, but we gotta take baby steps, then walk and then run. Life is good and the future is bright. Thank you Theme Park Review Family and Friends, we are humbled that you haven't relegated us to a footnote in history! LOl and see you at the park! Regards, Dan and The General.

My Kids Water Play Area Names:

Guppy Grotto
Splish Splash City
Triton's Town
Luau Lagoon
Big Wave Island
Mermaid Beach
Splashwater Shores
Banana Beach
Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Re: Splash Adventure (Alabama Adventure) Discussion Thread

Postby EliHorton » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:29 pm

This is still a very exciting addition! It is an improvement! And it seems to already have a positive feedback, there are nothing but positive comments on Facebook about it. It'll be fun to see what other slides they get over the next five years! I'm hoping some speed slides. The Gully Washer slides at Frontier City are super fun!

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!