Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby jmicha » Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:56 pm

I actually really like the trains without the covers. Regardless of how this ride turns out once it opens, there is no denying that these things are some of the most photogenic coasters out there, especially in the long, drawn out rolls. Just gorgeous.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:26 pm

jmicha wrote: Regardless of how this ride turns out once it opens, there is no denying that these things are some of the most photogenic coasters out there, especially in the long, drawn out rolls. Just gorgeous.

Based on the Wingriders already in operation, I get the feeling that the photogenic quality of the ride type is the biggest selling point to begin with.
Last edited by Ed Farmer on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:01 pm.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:35 pm

I know they haven't finished the theming on the train, but someone please tell me (because I don't feel like searching, sue me), are they going to still have all the theming on the ground for the train to have all those head/foot choppers? Because the ride loses at least half its appeal if they aren't going to go through with all the theming.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby Myself » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:42 pm

^ :nina:

I eat bugs.

Postby deathbydinn » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:54 pm

^^ Yes. I'm not sure where the idea that it wasn't going to be built came from, but as has been confirmed by the park so many times now, it will be built and construction has already started on them.

Also the park confirmed on Twitter that a testing video will be released tomorrow.
Last edited by deathbydinn on Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:44 pm.

Add me on Simpsons Tapped Out - jongrundl

Five babies drowned in a fire

Postby Skycoastin Steve » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:07 pm

^Well that's good then. Lord knows SF has been cutting costs across the board the last couple years, at least they decided to keep what will probably be the best part about this ride intact.

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby attack7 » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Is it May 12th yet? I was just up in Waukegan today with no idea this was happening.

Can't wait!

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:33 pm

Skycoastin I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool wrote:^Well that's good then. Lord knows SF has been cutting costs across the board the last couple years, at least they decided to keep what will probably be the best part about this ride intact.

Those covers are the only surface I can think of that could be used when it comes time to promote things like Karate Kid or Stride.
"Next, we are going to solicit the children of strangers so that we can go on a ride designed for children. This is so I can post online and impress other people who are very good at procuring unfamiliar children in order to go on rides designed for children, and thus have a higher arbitrary number than me."

The playground is where I spend most of my days

Postby UrbanLegend » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:35 pm

Ed Farmer wrote:
Skycoastin I am too stupid to spell Steel Vengeance so I'll just write SteVe and pretend I'm being cool wrote:^Well that's good then. Lord knows SF has been cutting costs across the board the last couple years, at least they decided to keep what will probably be the best part about this ride intact.

Those covers are the only surface I can think of that could be used when it comes time to promote things like Karate Kid or Stride.

Well apparently we won't have to worry about that, at least for the time being. Looks like all sorts of Six Flags parks are taking off their ad wraps.
-Did you just say you have the right to be an attorney?
-Well, everyone has the right to be an attorney, if they want to.

I make music: https://tigercastle.bandcamp.com

Postby Ed Farmer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:10 pm

UrbanLegend wrote:
Ed Farmer wrote:

Well apparently we won't have to worry about that, at least for the time being. Looks like all sorts of Six Flags parks are taking off their ad wraps.

How will I know what to buy?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!