Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

P. 1191 - Maxx Force Announced for 2019!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I wish they would make Street Fighter Donkey.

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby Highridin » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:20 pm

Has anyone tried to put together the 1,000 from the first video with the 2? Seems they are showing a lot of 2's. The watch, the 2 slides, two girls on each side, etc.
The top 3: Twisted Timbers, El Toro, Volcano

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby ilrider » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:26 pm

^
One of the things brought up in the ride survey over and over was a dual racing coaster concept. They had name choices (besides the ubiquitous Maxxx Force) like West Coast Racers, Turbo Traxx, Dualing Racers, Speed Demons, and Street Racers. Could connect with all the twos, and of course the drop slides are a dueling race ride themselves.
[img]
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://
[Image
[url=http://www.clubtpr.com][img]http://www.clubtpr.com/images/memberbanners/fe606e4d7df6bd8b82f92c697d3b438b.jpg[/img][/url]

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Danrarbc » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:48 pm

The previous photo on that Facebook account appears to be of a Mack installed somewhere else.

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby bgtlover » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:23 pm

Danrarbc wrote:The previous photo on that Facebook account appears to be of a Mack installed somewhere else.

It's not a Mack. It's Gale Force (an S&S Sansei). https://rcdb.com/13346.htm
Coaster Count: 125
Top 12:
1-Steel Vengeance...2-Fury 325...3-Maverick...4-Millennium Force...5-Storm Chaser...6-Mako...
7-Diamondback...8-Kraken...9-Montu...10-Banshee...11-Afterburn...12-Cheetah Hunt

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby RaceBoarder » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:16 am

Well, at least we're getting a Loop Coaster we can actually call a Loop Coaster :roll:

It's not a giga, but should be a decent addition. I don't know the specifics on the differences between Premier's version and the S&S one... Do they differ in any significant way? They more or less seem to do the same three launches then send you through a secondary loop on top of the station before finishing....

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby prozach626 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:21 am

I mean, is there really any confirmation of what coaster you're getting? Even if it's the same manufacturer as Gale Force that doesn't mean that's what SFGam will receive.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby RollerManic » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:56 am

I don't see how anyone is thinking they’re putting two and two here together and knows what is coming. That company is not a ride manufaturer. It is a construction company that simply does amusement park installs. Read down their page and you’ll see that they’ve not only installed coasters but also other types of rides, including Mardi Gras Hangover for the park this year, Wonder Woman at SFM, etc.. So to me, it looks like you’re getting something, but have to be mistaken if you think this means what.

Honestly, to me it’s still a water park addition, and you are all just overly hopeful for a coaster and not a water park addition you may never ride. :butt:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Donkey.

Postby Coasterguy21 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:44 pm

RollerManic wrote:I don't see how anyone is thinking they’re putting two and two here together and knows what is coming. That company is not a ride manufaturer. It is a construction company that simply does amusement park installs. Read down their page and you’ll see that they’ve not only installed coasters but also other types of rides, including Mardi Gras Hangover for the park this year, Wonder Woman at SFM, etc.. So to me, it looks like you’re getting something, but have to be mistaken if you think this means what.

Honestly, to me it’s still a water park addition, and you are all just overly hopeful for a coaster and not a water park addition you may never ride. :butt:

Their website specifically points out that they do Steel Coasters.

Go right to their website (www.skyhigherectorsllc.com) and it says "Leaders in Quality Steel Coaster Erection".
All they talk about is a lot of steel on their site.

It's definitely looking like this will be steel! They could, of course, have submitted a bid for a water coaster/water slide project here and got awarded it. They could dabble into that, but they're all about the steel it looks like!
This is my super lame signature where I will mention the words "roller coaster" and "theme park"

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Danrarbc » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:04 pm

Yes, it'll use steel it appears. But as stated they have also done flat ride installs. The reason I don't think this is a flat is it is on a nice sized plot of land. Honestly a Sky Rocket or the S&S equivalent might be a bit disappointing though. But we do know corporate likes the concept.
Last edited by Danrarbc on Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:33 pm.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!