TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Excited to make my now yearly trip from Cleveland to the park Friday and Saturday.

We'll be at the park the entire time they're open Friday and from opening till about 7 on Saturday. Anything worth noting that's not operating or any issues I should be aware of?

Also, what kind of crowds are we talking about this weekend. I fully expect it to be packed Friday and even worse Saturday. I'm more curious about the Friday crowds I guess since we all know what Saturdays are like during haunt events. Will flash pass be worth it ($150 each) on Saturday if we're only gonna be there about 8 hours?

Thanks in advance!

Excited to make my now yearly trip from Cleveland to the park Friday and Saturday.

We'll be at the park the entire time they're open Friday and from opening till about 7 on Saturday. Anything worth noting that's not operating or any issues I should be aware of?

Also, what kind of crowds are we talking about this weekend. I fully expect it to be packed Friday and even worse Saturday. I'm more curious about the Friday crowds I guess since we all know what Saturdays are like during haunt events. Will flash pass be worth it ($150 each) on Saturday if we're only gonna be there about 8 hours?

Thanks in advance!

Last Friday almost everything was a walk on. But it was also cold.

If you only have 8 hours on a Fright Fest Saturday Flash Pass will be essential if you hope to ride more than 4 things.

Is anyone planning on going to the Last Call Fall Festival? I'm kind of surprised they're having it again. The event seemed like a bust, last year. Maybe they'll step it up this year.

Last year we got the Six Flags experience, being that the weather sucked in the morning and started to clear up about an hour after the park opened. The day ended up being beautiful, but they closed the park due to inclimate weather, because they didn't get the attendance they wanted.

I'm planning on going to Last Call, but I don't know what day. I wouldn't bother, but I haven't ridden the coasters there this year. I will be able to get on everything easily.

It's annoying that the park will close early due to low attendance, but claim it's due to the weather. I get it because they don't want the complaints. The park thought Last Call was going to be a hit, but it was a bust. It would make more sense for them to close until Holiday in the Park. That way they will have plenty of time to put up the five decorations they have.

I'm planning on going to Last Call, but I don't know what day. I wouldn't bother, but I haven't ridden the coasters there this year. I will be able to get on everything easily.

It's annoying that the park will close early due to low attendance, but claim it's due to the weather. I get it because they don't want the complaints. The park thought Last Call was going to be a hit, but it was a bust. It would make more sense for them to close until Holiday in the Park. That way they will have plenty of time to put up the five decorations they have.

Another reason to claim it closed due to weather is the tickets have language on them that specifically States they are under no liability to reimburse you for the tickets if they closed due to weather.

Actually the name does make sense since this will be our last chance ride all the rides. Not every ride is going to be open for HITP but for Last Call every ride will pretty much be open say Whizzer(apparently closed for season already for Maxx Force construction) and the water rides.

The thing about the last call fall festival that puzzled me the most was that they sold a sheet of something like 20 tickets for $20. You could pay with tickets or cash, but the tickets were the same value as the cash... $3 per sample - 3 tickets per sample. The only thing you gained was a small map of where to buy the food and beer, which wasn't hard to figure out at all.

The crowds were small for Last Call and most seemed to be there for rides. Hopefully the crowds are small this year too. I imagine they will be since the event seemed to be thrown together and didn't leave the best impression with guests. A lot of people will probably wait for HitP for their next visit.

The crowds were small for Last Call and most seemed to be there for rides. Hopefully the crowds are small this year too. I imagine they will be since the event seemed to be thrown together and didn't leave the best impression with guests. A lot of people will probably wait for HitP for their next visit.

Are tickets to get in cheaper? Asking for a friend. I have a sfog membership, but he don't.

Just in-case you thought Six Flags might come to their senses one of these days... nope.

That explains why they still have their Fright Fest Sale going on.

The weather looks great for Last Call Fall Festival this Saturday. I checked the guide and it seems like there are more offerings than last season. The event has potential, so I hope they stepped it up this year.

I wonder if Cedar Fair has better profit margin during their Christmas events by opening less rides. Wouldn't it also add more time to perform maintenance? God know CP is better at maintaining their attractions than SF.