TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
Is this one really bigger than the originals? It looks exactly the same to me...

It could just be the perspective with those cars sitting in front. If you look at the one car already sitting on the bottom of the ride, it actually looks pretty massive. To me, anyways.

Is this one really bigger than the originals? It looks exactly the same to me...

They just posted another picture, it looks a bit bigger from this angle:

Screenshot_20180406-165913.thumb.png.c0f342b18304b3a6a823a35ce12012b6.png

Looks like it will be topped off soon

On another note, the 2018 dining pass guide is up:

https://lm.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.sixflags.com%2Fwebsite%2Ffiles%2Fsfgam_dining-pass-brochure.pdf&h=ATOUYwV3n1r8GBbHmCdF5UCZM-OxxV0UY5oUMUqyzKPOPCtQ0GRpRx4WHOi0g9w3IZ2jvbLIQEEUuZ9otHDYl-jyrwZeMgGCjBuA8Y2giv2kRmZOeKTvvfzmqjaek4x57ncsKUJBVA

I thought the same thing...

Then I saw this photo:

They just posted another picture, it looks a bit bigger from this angle:

thumb_screenshot_20180406-165913.png

and realized those were actually people up by the top of the the loop!! That's when I realized how massive this thing actually is!!

It could just be the perspective with those cars sitting in front. If you look at the one car already sitting on the bottom of the ride, it actually looks pretty massive. To me, anyways.

Oh wow, now I can tell. Those cars sitting in the "station" definitely put it into better perspective.

I need to get back to Great America for Hurricane Harbor. It's like a Pro-Slide catalog. The only thing missing is a water coaster, to be honest. They haven't added anything since 2011 which is shocking, but understandable since you could spend a whole day at HH as is.

Six Flags Great America is adding Holiday in the Park to their event lineup this year!

Six Flags Great America Launches New Holiday in the Park®

hitp.thumb.jpg.dc2a0d8e3c0d1c7cad3340ed489933a0.jpg

For the first time in the park’s 42-year history, Six Flags Great America, the Thrill Capital of the Midwest, is extending its operating season and inviting guests of all ages to be a part of the festivities at the new Six Flags Holiday in the Park®. This spectacular event — making its Six Flags Great America debut — features more than one million LED lights, beautifully adorned Christmas trees, thrilling rides, enchanting shows, delicious seasonal food and dazzling park décor. Holiday in the Park will premiere on Friday, November 23 and run weekends through Sunday, December 23 and daily December 26 – December 31.

“Six Flags is creating a new season of thrills as the park is transformed into a winter wonderland with a million dazzling lights and all the magical sights, sounds and tastes of the holidays,” said Park President, Hank Salemi. “We are excited to extend our operating calendar and make Gurnee the premier place to spend the holiday season.”

Additional highlights of Holiday in the Park include:

• State-of-the-art light shows;
  • Spectacular nightly tree-lighting ceremony;
  • Outstanding coasters and attractions;
  • Magical holiday shows;
  • Fire pits for roasting marshmallows and making s’mores;
  • Millions of dazzling lights; and
  • Photos with Santa and Mrs. Claus.

Holiday In The Park® will be the largest holiday celebration in the region and promises to become a time-honored tradition that can only be experienced at Six Flags Great America.

Holiday in the Park is included with a 2018 Six Flags Great America Season Pass and Membership. Members can now enjoy priority park entry and tremendous discounts of up to 50% on nearly all food and merchandise purchases all season long. Members also receive skip-the-line passes, sneak previews, and extended ride times on some of their favorite rides and attractions. For more information about the 2018 season at Six Flags Great America, visit https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica/newfor2018.

Edited by jedimaster1227

^^Maybe. Joker loves to throw temper tantrums in the cold. It's open in New England and at Great Adventure but it needs to close a lot... even with the wheel heaters in New England. It's never successfully operated until the end of the event at either park.

Dark Knight is sort of a given though and Superman is highly likely. It runs like a champ at Great Adventure aside from it's usual sh*t when it swings up into position and refuses to move but it does that on 80 degree summer days. It ran with temperatures down in the teens a few times last year.

V2 could be interesting too. I mean... what's it going to do? Valley?

^^Maybe. Joker loves to throw temper tantrums in the cold. It's open in New England and at Great Adventure but it needs to close a lot... even with the wheel heaters in New England. It's never successfully operated until the end of the event at either park.

Dark Knight is sort of a given though and Superman is highly likely. It runs like a champ at Great Adventure aside from it's usual sh*t when it swings up into position and refuses to move but it does that on 80 degree summer days. It ran with temperatures down in the teens a few times last year.

I like the possibilities at this park. Could be a really great event full of rides. Might have to make the drive from Cleveland

Is it safe to say Raging Bull will be open? I'll be going to this for sure.