Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

p. 1135 - "World's Largest Loop Coaster" for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Donkeys are my way of life!

Re: Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

Postby bill_s » Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:28 am

Meep wrote:
ytterbiumanalyst wrote:I wouldn't assume that. People aren't coming out for this event, but it could be that they just didn't find the event compelling. I'm fairly certain Chicago could still have a successful HITP event. But I doubt they try this beerfest thing again. It just isn't drawing people like they thought.

IMO, if they want to extend the season they should just extend Fright Fest into November, the idea that Fright Fest has to end with Halloween is silly, fact is Fright Fest draws crowds and I don't believe for one second that the crowds would just stop coming because it's after Halloween... If they wanted to switch it up to get repeat visitors, they could flip the theme of Fright Fest into a Spooky Thanksgiving and/or Nightmare Christmas look...

Actually, on years that Friday or Saturday is Halloween, Nov. 1-2 are usually fairly dead and some parks don't even have a haunt on Sunday (usually based on experience). Haunts cost more to operate.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:05 am

That's because, as everyone knows, November 1 is the official beginning of the War on Christmas.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

I teach at the school of donkey!

Location: Outside Six Flags Great America Waiting For Opening Day

Postby 9Armgeddon4 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Now that the season is over hopefully the park will release the name of our new coaster.
Also here's the photo I took of Demon stuck on the MCBR.
image.jpeg
Demon stuck (stopped) on the MCBR.

Postby prozach626 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:06 pm

RaceBoarder wrote:
Yea, I mean all those haunted houses make $Texas in November! In fact, why not just run Fright Fest for the entire operating season. Just think of the $$$$ that would be made with every day at capacity!

++++1

Hell, they could even run Holiday in the Park simultaneously. Speaking of which, why the FFFF does Christmas only have to be at Christmas time? I think it's silly there are not Christmas lights up during the season long Fright Fest. Speaking of which, why can't they have 4th of July Fireworks during the season long Holiday in the Fright Fest Park of July?

Taking it down a notch, Halloween feels like ages ago, because no one gives a shit about it after it's over.

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:43 pm

Have we heard any more information about their new "coaster" next year? I'm assuming it's a custom-made Larson loop. Is that all we know at this point? Considering this one is 100-feet and the others are 70, a 43%-ish increase in size is quite large. Dare I say, I'm actually intrigued by this addition.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby RollingCoasting » Sat Nov 25, 2017 9:12 pm

Not that I know of. I bet they release the name at NCC
Top 5: 1. Hades 360 2. Raging Bull 3. Goliath(GAm) 4. Mr. Freeze:Reverse Blast(STL) 5.Batman: The Ride(GAm)

Postby prozach626 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 2:37 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Have we heard any more information about their new "coaster" next year? I'm assuming it's a custom-made Larson loop. Is that all we know at this point?

No offense, but I don't think there's anything else to know, man.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!