TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

American Eagle will run BACKWARDS for Fright Fest this year!!

It's kinda scary that there are memes that are older than the kids that post them

We're never gonna give that meme up.

But would it ever let us down?I am so sorry

Or would it run around??

2017 MAP IS UP!

https://static.sixflags.com/website/files/sfgam_park-map.pdf

From the looks of it, the new Coldstone location is at Sticky Fingers in County Fair

[attachment=0]2017map1.png[/attachment]

[attachment=1]2017map2.png[/attachment]

[attachment=2]2017map3.png[/attachment]

Thanks!!! I was wondering when they we going to release it.

If it weren't for a visit to SFA, I wouldn't be getting a pass this year.

Honestly, this park has turned into a 'one visit a season' stop. The clientele, inconsistent operations, and lack of fun you can have without a flashpass is kind of what did it in for me. I'd rather just pick one day to go all day with a Flashpass. I think I've only had one visit where the crowds were manageable without a FP.

Honestly, this park has turned into a 'one visit a season' stop. The clientele, inconsistent operations, and lack of fun you can have without a flashpass is kind of what did it in for me. I'd rather just pick one day to go all day with a Flashpass. I think I've only had one visit where the crowds were manageable without a FP.

How bad (at least by what you say) is the clientele/ops/lack of fun at Great America?

I hate when enthusiast bring up clientele in an argument. How is someone else trying to have fun effecting your ability to have fun? Enthusiast thinking they are holier than thou is getting quite old.

I hate when enthusiast bring up clientele in an argument.

But it's true. Lots of annoying and bad behavior. I was a loud and obnoxious kid/teen (and sometimes still am), but we simply had more respect for others back then. Sometimes the employees seem to not care about anything as much as half the clientele. It's a touchy subject, but it's gotta be talked about if we are gonna be honest. There are also great people who work there, who care a whole bunch. They are outnumbered unfortunately. Lots of nice people visit the park, too. But over the years, many locals have seen the park go down the tubes in many ways. It's not the employees or clientele's fault, it's squarely Six Flags' fault.

I'm sure there is something in there about the price of a season pass. Guess I won't be the one to go there. Someone else could explain it much better than me.

Personally, Great America being my home park, I go a few times a year. I still have a good time, mostly before school lets out in May/June. If I go up in the summer, it's usually after 7pm, when people start going home. But I'm only 45 mins from the park, so that's a benefit.

I hate when enthusiast bring up clientele in an argument. How is someone else trying to have fun effecting your ability to have fun?

Annoying, loud, bumping into me, cutting in front of me (all of which I can handle, but I'd rather avoid it)... swearing all kinds of crazy sh*t when I'm there with my parents and little cousins. I don't want my family around that.

In fact, the whole family is heading out to San Diego this summer. I will be going to SFMM alone... I explained to the family that even though we have SF passes, it would be a much better time for the whole group of us if we spent our "family park day" at Knotts. Completely different crowd and superior operations.

Enthusiast thinking they are holier than thou is getting quite old.

We all have opinions, but very few of us actually think we are better than anyone. But here is something that does happen frequently, and that is enthusiasts complaining about other enthusiasts.

Edited by JT325

I hate when enthusiast bring up clientele in an argument. How is someone else trying to have fun effecting your ability to have fun? Enthusiast thinking they are holier than thou is getting quite old.

I'm talking about line jumping, selfie sticks, parents treating the park like a daycare, people pushing by you in the midway, and the sheer ratio of rude guests to decent guests I/friends experience on a regular visit. Or more so than any other park I have frequented. I'm not asking anyone to get out of my way of having fun. It's a park. Be loud and have fun, but if you're being an @$$hole, then I have an issue. The above is just part of my issue with the park as of 2017.