Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 105 - ALL of the 2018 announcements!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I own the website www.donkey.com

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby 3Mutts » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:36 pm

thesman wrote:Honestly I think six flags did a good job adding rides. All look like solid additions to parks and didn't really cheap out this year. Also I completely forgot water world concord existed.

I can tell you people in my area are getting annoyed the TGE hasnt added a coaster since 2003....
Coaster Count: 142 total 94 steel 48 wood
Favorite Steel Coaster: Skyrush at Hershey Park
Favorite Wood Coaster: A tie between The Voyage at Holiday World and T Express at Everland
I'm posting from a IPad so I can't enable pics/video

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby Canobie Coaster » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:35 pm

^ You guys got Frankie's Mine Train in 2005 lol. I have a feeling when the long-standing rumor that the Alpine Bobsled is removed manifests itself, the park will get a new coaster. However, I think that new coaster would be located elsewhere in the park and the Bobsled's old spot would be reserved for a water park expansion.
Top 5 Wood- Phoenix, Boulder Dash, El Toro, Voyage, Cornball Express
Top 5 Steel- Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Millennium Force, Phantom's Revenge
Top 5 Parks- Disneyland, Knoebels, Cedar Point, Magic Kingdom, Busch Gardens Williamsburg

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby bgtlover » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:29 pm

Superbatboy wrote:
Jason Maier wrote:Regarding new attractions and such . . . . do the respective SF parks bid to get them, or does the board essentially say . . . "Ok, Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, etc are getting JL:BFM"? (or something along those lines)

I think the only ones who know the answer for sure won't be on these board ;)

Oh you can bet they definitely are. They may just not post about such things.
Current Coaster Count: 85
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:47 pm

Does anyone think if the season pass Flash Pass is a hit they will eventually add an option for us to be able to use it chain wide? I would buy that - especially this summer with going to California for both parks, the Great Escape and living between SFA and Great Adventure.
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby Sven18 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:31 pm

alilstronger wrote:Does anyone think if the season pass Flash Pass is a hit they will eventually add an option for us to be able to use it chain wide? I would buy that - especially this summer with going to California for both parks, the Great Escape and living between SFA and Great Adventure.

Season Flash pass should do okay at the parks that it makes sense to get FP b/c they are busy. The Flash sale prices were really cheap with all of them being $199 or less besides GAm and MM which were $299. I don't see there being a universal flash pass for logistic reasons. I actually inquired about an all park flash pass last year. What they should do is offer an all season Flash Pass Platinum like Cedar Fair offers all season Fast Lane Plus. Having to upgrade to platinum at the park would not be necessary and would be wise no to make people feel they are pulling their wallet out again each visit.

Previous

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!