Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 105 - ALL of the 2018 announcements!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
She turned me into a donkey! I got better...

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby ObeyTheShihTzu! » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:44 pm

Hilltopper39 wrote:Apparently, according to the animations, all of the new for 2018 attractions are going to operate during severe lightning storms.

Glad to see Six Flags improving their weather policies.

That made me laugh, too! Kinda quirky animation. ;)

Alice

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby anonymouscactus » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:06 pm

^^^ Just as a side note we have purchased season passes two times, and a friend has purchased a season pass, all at various parks, different years, and even though we didn't process by the date posted to get gold upgrade, the gold upgrade was always on our passes. Your milage may vary! -- note that even the regular pass is good at all six flags parks, but aren't supposed to include parking. I think they just use the date as a scare tactic to get you in the door ASAP but I have seen many others say the same thing about the gold upgrade.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Geauga Dog » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:42 pm

MIAfan88 wrote:I wonder if Viper at Great America will be converted. It's practically the same ride as Georgia Cyclone.

Um, no, because Viper is one of the better wood coasters. It runs a lot better then Georgia's did.

Glad to see flat rides being invested in. I highly agree with the giant Frisbee at SFMM but doesn't SFNE already have a Frisbee type ride? Also glad to see ABC Ride's Tourbillon coming to North America.

The WTF addition is SFGAm's Super Loop. The Skywarp should have went there instead. SFGAm's crazy sized crowds will make this a nightmare to wait for.

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby sfkk » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:37 pm

I used to be on team, "too many D.C. Comics named rides", but if the name is either Joker, Harley Quin, Wonder Woman or Crazanity, all I can say is keep the D.C. Names coming.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:54 pm

boldikus wrote:
larrygator wrote:^I don't know what your have park is, but with Six Flags Great Adventure a lot of the GP call it Six Flags. Whenever I mention amusement parks to my students (11-14 year olds) or fellow teachers they always refer to it as Six Flags

Granted older folk call it just Great Adventure.

:nina: Same. The majority of (non-enthusiast) people I mention I'm going to other SF Parks have no idea there are other SF parks elsewhere. When I say Six Flags they automatically think I'm only referring to Great Adventure. A common question is "are they all the same rides at other SF parks as they have @ Great Adv?"

I wish we had El Toro and Nitro in St. Louis! But yeah, same here. The only time I specify Six Flags St. Louis is on this board or when I'm traveling. Otherwise we all call it just Six Flags, and everyone knows what you're taking about.

Back in 2004 I was visiting a friend in San Antonio who had BAFF passes and wanted to take me to Fiesta Texas. My initial thought back then was "We have one of those in Missouri, why don't we do something we can't do at home?" He assured me Fiesta Texas was different from SFStL, and of course was right. That was when I realized that going to a theme park outside your local area is a thing that you can do.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Beast
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby Rollercoaster Rider » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:01 am

My Review of the Six Flags 2018 Announcements

Proud Member of the 300 Coaster Club.
Joined June 16, 2012
Proud Member of the 400 Coaster Club
Joined August 17, 2013
Proud Member of the 500 Coaster Club
Joined January 30, 2015

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby thesman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:05 pm

Honestly I think six flags did a good job adding rides. All look like solid additions to parks and didn't really cheap out this year. Also I completely forgot water world concord existed.

Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Postby Jason Maier » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:18 pm

Regarding new attractions and such . . . . do the respective SF parks bid to get them, or does the board essentially say . . . "Ok, Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, etc are getting JL:BFM"? (or something along those lines)

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby thesman » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:22 pm

Jason Maier wrote:Regarding new attractions and such . . . . do the respective SF parks bid to get them, or does the board essentially say . . . "Ok, Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, etc are getting JL:BFM"? (or something along those lines)

Its a combination of the parks choosing it and corporate approving it.

Postby Superbatboy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:17 pm

Jason Maier wrote:Regarding new attractions and such . . . . do the respective SF parks bid to get them, or does the board essentially say . . . "Ok, Magic Mountain, Great Adventure, etc are getting JL:BFM"? (or something along those lines)

I think the only ones who know the answer for sure won't be on these board ;)
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!