Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 105 - ALL of the 2018 announcements!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby pryonisys » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:31 am

larrygator wrote:^I don't know what your have park is, but with Six Flags Great Adventure a lot of the GP call it Six Flags. Whenever I mention amusement parks to my students (11-14 year olds) or fellow teachers they always refer to it as Six Flags

Granted older folk call it just Great Adventure.

Not really close to any of the Six Flags parks anymore used to be right between two (Six Flags Worlds of Adventure and Six Darien Lake). Most of the time now I'm just a casual observer of what's going on at the Six Flags parks and what rides they're getting because I haven't been to one since they sold Geagua Lake.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby CoasterAuditor » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:41 am

larrygator wrote:*I would almost guarantee one for SFStL in the next 3 years and I'd be 90% certain that one ends up at SFA also. I agree about TGE as it is is a different type of park

I certainly hope your 90% certainty is correct! You may be right to as I used to think SFA would never get a FunTime Star Flyer and now they have one.
Roller Coasters provide a great escape from the depressing reality that is adulthood.
Top Coasters 1. El Toro 2. Intimidator 305 3. New Texas Giant 4. Millennium Force 5. Nitro
Top Parks 1. BGW 2. DW 3. CP 4. IOA 5. USF

"There's happiness......then there's El Toros Rolling Thunder Hill"

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby MIAfan88 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:09 pm

I wonder if Viper at Great America will be converted. It's practically the same ride as Georgia Cyclone.

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Location: Ether Houston across from the Astrodome or at SFSTL riding the Screamin' Eagle

Postby SixFlagsAstroworld » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:39 pm

MIAfan88 wrote:I wonder if Viper at Great America will be converted. It's practically the same ride as Georgia Cyclone.

I doubt it since Great America already has Goliath
Coaster Count: 96
1990's: "ugh. I hope we don't get a Vekoma"
2010: "I really hope we get a Vekoma!"

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Philrad71 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:10 pm

I think that the announcements all look pretty awesome to me.

Nice variety and I think that every park needs a giant frisbee ride...the one at SFMM sounds pretty crazy with a 172 foot swing height - that thing is going to be a monster!

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Hilltopper39 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:42 pm

Apparently, according to the animations, all of the new for 2018 attractions are going to operate during severe lightning storms.

Glad to see Six Flags improving their weather policies.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby defrocker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:11 pm

Ok, likely a dumb question here... In the fine print for the season pass, it lists some of the perks. Then it says "to receive these benefits, you must pick up your pass and register online by xx-xx-2017." I'm assuming that's just to receive the listed benefits and not when the pass must be redeemed, correct?

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby CanobieFan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:12 pm

Six Flags did an incredible job this year. Good variety with not a lot of clones. Actually very impressed with the flat ride additions, definitely critical and much needed at some parks such as SFNE and SFMM.
I LOVE CLASSIC WOODEN COASTERS AND NOSTALGIA.
I AM STRONGLY AGAINST NEUTERING WOODEN COASTERS
(Sadly) I AM THOROUGHLY AGAINST TOPPER TRACK. WOODEN COASTERS ARE SUPPOSED TO RATTLE YOU.

Donkey eat mullet pump.

Postby bgtlover » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:20 pm

SixFlagsAstroworld wrote:
MIAfan88 wrote:I wonder if Viper at Great America will be converted. It's practically the same ride as Georgia Cyclone.

I doubt it since Great America already has Goliath

RMC Viper would be steel tho...Goliath is wood...and would still be completely different rides.
Could happen one day...maybe not. Something to think about.
Current Coaster Count: 85
Top 10:
1-Fury 325...2-Mako...3-Kraken...4-Montu... 5-Afterburn...6-Cheetah Hunt...7-Thunderhead...8-Manta...9-Volcano...10-Alpengeist

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby VegasBaby » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:25 pm

defrocker wrote:Ok, likely a dumb question here... In the fine print for the season pass, it lists some of the perks. Then it says "to receive these benefits, you must pick up your pass and register online by xx-xx-2017." I'm assuming that's just to receive the listed benefits and not when the pass must be redeemed, correct?

The pass sale going on right now includes a free upgrade to Gold, which means free parking and free admission to the water parks that are separate gates. I think you also get a free bring a friend ticket and a one ride skip the line pass too. In order to get these free upgrades, you have to go to the park in person before 10/31/17 and pick up your pass. If you don't, it sounds like you will just have a regular season pass without the added benefits.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!