Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

P. 105 - ALL of the 2018 announcements!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Harry Potter is a sick donkey.

Re: Six Flags Corporate Discussion Thread

Postby eltoro » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:31 am

MisterBrow wrote:Once upon a time my friends and I found website that listed the booking costs of all major bands. We had a ton of fun playing what if. Cot's contracts spreadsheets baseball contracts and salaries. Is there a place to find what rides cost and what parks have spent yearly?

Annual reports will tell what is spending on Capital Expenditures overall. For SF it's easy to know the ride budget, it's 9% of revenue and then take 60% of that 9%. Cap Exp was 124M and ride budget was just under 75M last year. Cedar Fair Cap Exp was 161M, what part was spent on rides is not really known. You have to take each additions costs and make a guess estimation. There are some places, articles, etc where parks have announced the cost of rides. The cost of some Zamperla rides were revealed when they filed the lawsuit against knock off manufactures trying to pass things off as Zamperla in Asia. The costs were in the filings to get damage awards.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:44 am

I have a couple things... they may have been brought up before and I apologize for that. I searched and could not find anything.

1. I have a season pass for Six Flags that I get processed at Six Flags America every year. This park has a water park that is included which is awesome. My question is how come Six Flags does not come up with a season pass add on that I can add on so I can go to the water parks that are not attached to their parks? I go to Six Flags Great Adventure quite a bit and have never been to their water park because its not included with my pass. About 3 weeks ago I went to Six Flags Over Texas and they are another park with a unattached water park. It looks like a nice water park. However, we went have spent money to get in, parking, and good. Which would have been well over $100. We opted for NRH2O which was actually a really nice water park - it has free parking and only cost $25 to get in.

2. I am all about amusement/theme parks recognizing people with disabilities and such. I go to Six Flags America quite a bit but I have noticed it at every park I have been to - Six Flags Great Adventure, Great Escape, Six Flags New England, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Six Flags Magic Mountain and La Ronde. I am confused on the ADA policies. I see people come up the exit, hand one of the employees a piece of paper, employees makes a note on it, and they are allowed to ride. This process does not bother me. Its that they then can bring their ENTIRE group on the ride. I have seen some of these people bring 5-6 people with them. I feel they should be able to bring one other person that is all. Especially the ones that are able to walk by themselves.

When I look up Six Flags policy all it states is all you need is a doctor's note stating you can not wait in lines. You do not to present needing to not wait in lines physically.

Blurb from their website:
Six Flags offers an Attraction Accessibility Pass for guests with disabilities qualifying as handicap within the meaning of Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms, CQLR, c. C-12 who might not otherwise be able to enjoy rides in our parks. Beginning May 21, 2016 due to growing abuse by others, guests who are unable to wait in ride lines due to a mobility-related disability or other disability (visible or not) will need to provide a doctor’s note and photo ID to receive an Attraction Accessibility Pass. Any guest requesting use of one of these special passes will need to provide a doctor’s note at Guest Services at the time they pick up the pass.

I guess I am just still confused on if you can physically walk around a park all day and walk up the exits why do you need your entire group to enter through the exit? It should just be you and your companion who actually can get into the park free per their website?
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby El Toro_Ryan » Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:32 am

alilstronger wrote:2. I am all about amusement/theme parks recognizing people with disabilities and such. I go to Six Flags America quite a bit but I have noticed it at every park I have been to - Six Flags Great Adventure, Great Escape, Six Flags New England, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Six Flags Magic Mountain and La Ronde. I am confused on the ADA policies. I see people come up the exit, hand one of the employees a piece of paper, employees makes a note on it, and they are allowed to ride. This process does not bother me. Its that they then can bring their ENTIRE group on the ride. I have seen some of these people bring 5-6 people with them. I feel they should be able to bring one other person that is all. Especially the ones that are able to walk by themselves.

I can explain this one for you. So that ADA pass actually has a wait time on it and most people with that pass are required to wait however long the line is. So if the regular line is 60 minutes, the person with that pass and their group are required to wait 60 minutes just like everyone else, just not in line. That person will go to the front entrance of the ride or find a ride attendant for the ride they want to wait for, and then request a wait time and a board time. They are not allowed on the ride until this time is up. Additionally they are only allowed to wait for one ride at a time. There are a few ADA passes that don't require a person to wait at all but I believe this depends on the medical reason. Now each pass only allows for the person using it and three additional people to go with them. If more than 4 people hop on the ride with one pass, then that's on the ride attendant who allowed it to happen. But a lot of times, people with large groups are given more than one pass to account for the size of the group. Now while it may feel like this large group is cutting the line, they've really been waiting for the ride the entire time. They were just not physically in the q-line with everyone else.
Visual scan.... All Clear.. ALL CLEAR MEANS YOU GUYS ARE OUT OF HERE! ENJOY YOUR RIDE ON EL TORO! OLE!!

Former Supervisor of El Toro (2016-early 2017)
#ThroughputAddict (I need rehab)

Toro Riders:
2016: 1,258,387 riders
2017: 1,000,000 riders and counting

Credit Count: 255

Postby eltoro » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:35 am

booink wrote:I wonder what led Six Flags Man to leave so quickly, a year and a half is a very short tenure. On a more positive note, also looking forward to more amazing Jim-Reid video awesomeness :b :lmao:

Duffy might be the preemptive sacrificial lamb for the 1st below par earnings report in a long time. Him leaving so close to the July 26th Q2 earnings report raises some suspicion. They might have a miss on Q2 earnings. Duffy wasn't there long enough to have a positive or negative impact really. But, there are some anecdotal reports of a lot of parks reporting shorter lines than usual for the busy season thus far. There could be some evidence of this b/c SF keeps adding bonus bring a friend free days. This might be to prop up attendance b/c they are missing their projections.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby alilstronger » Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:18 am

El Toro_Ryan wrote:
alilstronger wrote:2. I am all about amusement/theme parks recognizing people with disabilities and such. I go to Six Flags America quite a bit but I have noticed it at every park I have been to - Six Flags Great Adventure, Great Escape, Six Flags New England, Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom, Six Flags Magic Mountain and La Ronde. I am confused on the ADA policies. I see people come up the exit, hand one of the employees a piece of paper, employees makes a note on it, and they are allowed to ride. This process does not bother me. Its that they then can bring their ENTIRE group on the ride. I have seen some of these people bring 5-6 people with them. I feel they should be able to bring one other person that is all. Especially the ones that are able to walk by themselves.

I can explain this one for you. So that ADA pass actually has a wait time on it and most people with that pass are required to wait however long the line is. So if the regular line is 60 minutes, the person with that pass and their group are required to wait 60 minutes just like everyone else, just not in line. That person will go to the front entrance of the ride or find a ride attendant for the ride they want to wait for, and then request a wait time and a board time. They are not allowed on the ride until this time is up. Additionally they are only allowed to wait for one ride at a time. There are a few ADA passes that don't require a person to wait at all but I believe this depends on the medical reason. Now each pass only allows for the person using it and three additional people to go with them. If more than 4 people hop on the ride with one pass, then that's on the ride attendant who allowed it to happen. But a lot of times, people with large groups are given more than one pass to account for the size of the group. Now while it may feel like this large group is cutting the line, they've really been waiting for the ride the entire time. They were just not physically in the q-line with everyone else.

This makes sense - thank you so much!
I may not know everything about coasters... what I do know is they are my life...

Favorite Steels: Maverick, Millennium Force, Sky Rush, Talon, Poltergeist, I-305
Favorite Wooden: Iron Rattler

TPR Trips: Northeast 2011, LeviaTHON 2012

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Location: dimension not only of sight & sound but parabolic airtime hills/g-spot orgasms

Postby DirkFunk » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:15 am

"Project 600 is no longer possible..."

Well, there's your answer as to why the executive management of the company changed.

Postby eltoro » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:46 am

DirkFunk wrote:"Project 600 is no longer possible..."

Well, there's your answer as to why the executive management of the company changed.

Despite the press release headline of record revenue, the actual numbers were not good on analysis.

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby pauliemills4 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:10 pm

chammonds96 wrote:Don't know if anybody saw this but it sounds like there will be no Justice Leagues in 2018. Interview with Sally Corp CEO by Coaster101

Coaster101: Are you able to tell me if there are any more Justice League rides coming for Six Flags, or any other projects for Sally coming up?

John Wood - CEO Sally Corp: I think that Six Flags is going to pause. I’m hoping it’s just a pause, but after three good hard years of rolling these out I think they’re going to step back and see how the results are. But, we’re very hopeful that there’s more in the future.

That frees up money as JL's were the most expensive ride SF bought in 2017. 3 JL's in 2017 at 10-12M each, total coast 30-36M. What will SF buy? This could mean potentially some coasters besides 4D's. Instead of 30M+ on JL's like 2017, they could buy 2 coasters at 15M or 3 around 10M They could also buy a boat load of flats.

Hey that makes sense, since there not spending so much on JL, that may explain the 5 record breakers or first of its kind in North america... They they have much more money to spend on those 5 rides/coasters ..... can't wait see what they will be.

I ask dumb questions.

Postby djackson » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:15 pm

Does anybody else think that Six Flags could've bought Kanonen. It would be within their budget considering Liseberg only paid 6 mil for it when it was brand new.
My Home park is Six Flags America
Coaster Count: 70 :cry:
Instagram:kvng_coasters
YouTube: Kvng Of Coasters

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:20 pm

djackson wrote:Does anybody else think that Six Flags could've bought Kanonen. It would be within their budget considering Liseberg only paid 6 mil for it when it was brand new.

Of course they could have, if they wanted to. Why do you continue to ask really DUMB questions?
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!