The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1501 - Bigfoot Rapids to become Calico River Rapids
Users viewing this topic: KnottsBerryMountain and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby downunder » Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:26 pm

I like Knott's, after going to Sux Flags Tragic Mountain, Knott's is like a breath of fresh air - of course it doesn't hurt that every time I go all rides are running and have no lines with bounce backs.

I have heard stuff about this ride, I was told - think Dragon's Fury (not a Mack?), that is supposed to be a good ride isn't it? Sounds like this will be a fun addition to Knott's.

Paris Hilton - I'd ride Paris but will that be an upcharge - like your soul or something?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby speedracer » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:14 pm

Gnome wrote:And even though they ripped out that boat ride, I guess its not that big of a deal seeing as how they already butchered it. Now they just finished it off and put something cool in its place. ;)

Don't know if this was just enthusiass talk, but wasn't the purpose of building SB so high above the lake was so that the Walter K could still keep running under it? Anyone know for sure, just recall hearing this somewhere and was surprised when they filled in the lake anyways. Otherwise, why build SB so high off the ground, a nice big first drop would've been way better.

TPR's Movie Freak

Postby knottslover77 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:52 pm

why build SB so high off the ground, a nice big first drop would've been way better.

Because it needed to clear Jaguar.

--Jay
I Love Brent <3, GhostRider is my #1 Coaster
total coasters:74

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:43 pm

^^ I believe SB was running slightly over budget so instead of filling the lake back in completely, they only filled up half of it and then had the train take the path of the boat. You can still see the original path the train took through the shrubberies. Plus you know, what's a Cedar Fair park without more cement? ;)
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby speedracer » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:09 pm

^ That makes more sense. With basically gutting that section of the park for SB, if having to clear Jaguar was the only reason for the elevated track, why didn't they just design the first drop and supports away from Jaguar? Having basically a clean slate of flat land to work with, with only a small section of Jaguar to clear, no reason why the first drop had to be placed and elevated right over Jaquar.

Bummer if we did lose the Walter K just because of a budget cutback. Should have just waited till they had the funds to finish the lake the right way to keep Walter K. cruising :( . But I guess cement looks better than a nice scenic lake/boat ride :x .

TPR's Movie Freak

Postby knottslover77 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:40 pm

^ if you look at pictures, you would see if SB had a normal invert drop it would hit Jaguar.

Anyways we should get back on topic.

--Jay
I Love Brent <3, GhostRider is my #1 Coaster
total coasters:74

This 16 year old puts you to shame

Postby socalMAN123 » Fri Nov 17, 2006 10:16 pm

Let's hope this coaster doesn't suck like SB! Honestly, I hope Knott's knows what they're doing with this coaster. Anyways, I think this will make a nice addition to Knott's. Go Knott's!
---Brent =)
Disobey

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Sexy No Jutsu » Sat Nov 18, 2006 12:29 am

Silver Bullet isn't bad at all! It's better than nothing, IMO. I am just giddy for this ride. I can't wait. I'll be there taking pictures of the building of it overtime, so expect some pics as soon as progress starts on this ride.

I'm curious as to where it will be located.

Postby Wes » Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:06 am

^ Honestly, I'd prefer the "nothing" that was there before Silver Bullet. Id take Reflection Lake, the Walter K, the Berry Stand, the mission models, and the quiet atmosphere over a ho-hum B&M any day.

"Excuse me, miss, may I pound my large rooster into your donkey?"

Postby darklingscribe » Sat Nov 18, 2006 4:46 am

I wonder when they plan on opening. I guess I shouldn't get my hopes up for spring break...

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!