The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1463 - HangTime POV! Night & Day Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 10 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby CoasterInk » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:03 am

SteVeUrkle wrote:Xcelerator will be there until they find something better to replace it. I pray to gawd this B&M dive garbage trend is done by then. Ugh.

As Rob said in another thread, its pretty hard to call it a trend, because only 4 B&M dives have been added from 2004-2019 in North America. They're not even bad additions... they're solid rides that draw people to the park.
SteVeUrkle wrote:Ever since Cedar Fair bought it KBF just seems like a "for sure" cash grab and it just doesn't seem like the park gets the upkeep love and attention it needs. Which sucks because the park used to have so much charm, and when I've visited it just seems like it's gone now.

You could maybe argue that when Cedar Fair bought the property, but recently the park has been invested into a lot. In addition the charm seems to be there still, as many others consider this their favorite Cedar Fair park due to its higher level of theming, and charm/environment.
Last edited by CoasterInk on Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:21 pm.

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:26 am

Visionist wrote:I'm visiting California for the first time in September. Thinking of hitting up Knott's on Friday the 21st or the following weekend, since the haunts are on and night rides are in. What tips can you guys give me for riding the coaster as many times as humanly possible? The hotel doesn't seem to give early entry, and Fast/Frightlane looks like it's on the cards, maybe. Is Xcelerator really that unreliable?

Halloween Haunt is separate admission to during the day at Knott's. So, you'd have to pay twice if you want to go during the day, and during Haunt at night. During the day on the weekday should be a ghost town, so you'll be able to marathon pretty much any coaster except for Ghostrider whose line just runs slow.

Xcelerator is extremely reliable. Unless there's something major, like needing a new catch car, or cable, it runs, and runs all day.

Get your riding in during the day, and go to Haunt at night for the mazes and atmosphere.

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Domm » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:40 pm

Quick question: I’m a platinum passholder and plan to treat two of my friends to park tickets this coming Wednesday, are there discounts I can leverage? Any bring a friend free deals?

Thanks in advance! Hope xcelerator is reopened by then

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby SoCalJasonland » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Domm wrote:Quick question: I’m a platinum passholder and plan to treat two of my friends to park tickets this coming Wednesday, are there discounts I can leverage? Any bring a friend free deals?

Thanks in advance! Hope xcelerator is reopened by then

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like any friend discounts on that date. I would try Ralphs or AAA.
Screenshot (7).png
Pass holders discounts
Screenshot (8).png
Knott's ticket discounts

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Postby VegasBaby » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:45 pm

Canobie Coaster wrote:When I've visited Knott's, I've never seen Xcelerator break down. Whereas every single time I get in line for Top Thrill Dragster,it seems to go down for a 10-15 minute breakdown.

Xcelerator is back open today, so whatever the problem was, it was only a minor issue. Other than the two periods of extended downtime already mentioned (cable snap and whatever part that took 7 months to fix), Xcelerator has been very reliable. It's still one of the most popular rides in the park, so I don't see it going anywhere. Knott's has managed to keep Montezooma running for over 40 years, so I don't see any reason that Xcelerator wouldn't be around for at least that long.
Coaster Count: 209 Last Coaster: Hangtime
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) El Toro 6) Twisted Colossus 7) Maverick 8) Lightning Rod 9) Mako 10) Storm Runner

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:50 pm

^^ :airtime: :airtimer:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:01 pm

I hope Xcelerator stays around for a long, long time. It's a great coaster and is pretty iconic for the park. I just want them to paint the stupid thing...
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:04 pm

VegasBaby wrote:
Canobie Coaster wrote:When I've visited Knott's, I've never seen Xcelerator break down. Whereas every single time I get in line for Top Thrill Dragster,it seems to go down for a 10-15 minute breakdown.

Xcelerator is back open today, so whatever the problem was, it was only a minor issue. Other than the two periods of extended downtime already mentioned (cable snap and whatever part that took 7 months to fix), Xcelerator has been very reliable.

one of the mechanics is on facebook and just said it was a normal 6 month cable change.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby SteVeUrkle » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:39 pm

CoasterInk wrote:As Rob said in another thread, its pretty hard to call it a trend, because only 4 B&M dives have been added from 2004-2019.

Looks like 12 to me.

Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby Yubstep101 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:51 pm

SteVeUrkle wrote:
CoasterInk wrote:As Rob said in another thread, its pretty hard to call it a trend, because only 4 B&M dives have been added from 2004-2019.

Looks like 12 to me.

I think he meant to say North American Dive Coasters.
Top 10 Steel: 1. Fury 325 2. Steel Vengeance 3. I305 4.Twisted Timbers 5. Wicked Cyclone 6. Millennium Force 7. Skyrush 8. Iron Rattler 9.Goliath SFOG 10. Lightning Run

Top 10 Wood: 1. El Toro 2. Lightning Rod 3. Mystic Timbers
4. The Voyage 5. The Beast 6. Goliath SFGAM 7. Shivering Timbers 8. American Thunder 9. Hades 360 10. Prowler
Coaster Count: 207

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!