The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1463 - HangTime POV! Night & Day Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 5 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby SoCalJasonland » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:34 am

The Boardwalk BBQ has boysenberry bbq sauce, boysenberry cider & beer. They might have a boysenberry wine too but I can't remember. I think it is the only restaurant that has boysenberry year round except for the punch that is at multiple locations.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby cal1br3tto » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:10 pm

The Starbucks has boysenberry-flavored drinks! I believe I thought mine was a bit underwhelming in terms of flavor, but that might've just been a result of outsized expectations.
113 wood+501 steel=614|Boulder Dash|Coaster|X2|Maverick|Phoenix|Twisted Colossus|Storm Chaser|iRat|Kawasemi|NTag

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby KnottsBerryMountain » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:18 pm

^ The Boysenberry Latte was pretty delicious.
Intamin! Intamin! Intamin!

This B&M donkey is so smooth!

Postby Shut It Down » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:24 pm

I have to give a big shoutout to knotts. I lost my iPhone X on silver bullet, and somehow it survived the fall and an amazing patron turned it in to the ride staff! They tested my password and gave it back. I asked how it survived and they said maybe 1/10. The bushes below. Long story short, a hope for humanity!!!

I Love Donkeys!

Postby silentabomb » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:08 pm

I just found an old Documentary about the History of Knott's Scary Farm, I want to say this was made in 2003?? Grab a drink or two because this is over 2 hours long, but it is fascinating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG-YNRZ8BNQ&feature=youtu.be

Postby Canobie Coaster » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:04 pm

I've ridden it once on a past visit, but does Pony Express have a penchant for breaking down? This is the third time it went down while I was queuing for it. At this point, I'm just going to FastLane GhostRider until I leave foe the airport.

In other news, HangTime is an awesome addition to the park. I love the mix of elements and lap bar only trains. It's probably my second favorite at the park.
Top 5 Wood- Lightning Rod, Phoenix, Wildfire, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel- Expedition GeForce, Iron Rattler, Fury 325, Twisted Colossus, Helix
Most Recent Trip Reports- Adventure City & Knott's Berry Farm

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby anonymouscactus » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:39 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote: If one or two people have a disability and use the system, I totally get that. No issue. It's when they bring along their 12 family members who are more than capable of standing in line like everyone else. That's what drives me nuts.

The pass allows the person with the disability along with 3 others. If there are more than 3 others than they need to wait in the regular line and meet up in the station. Funny, I have seen this strictly enforced at Six Flags Great America that a 45 minute altercation went on the Goliath platform because someone refused to leave without riding with their group of 6 or 7. Security was there and she just kept yelling.

The person with the disability must be riding for the guests to be able to ride. If they do not ride than the guests cannot ride (the pass shows identifiable information and at some Cedar Fair parks your get a stamp or wristband)

Not directed at you, but in general keep in mind people have invisible disabilities. Remember they are still waiting in line, just outside of the queue. While it may be seen as unfair as they can wait in a short queue simultaneously as the virtual queue, I think they do a good job with it given the circumstances. I think Cedar Fair should adopt the doctor's note policy that Six Flags has, though. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt because you really never know why someone may need to virtually queue and are not able to wait in s long line due to health issues.

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:09 pm

Shut It Down wrote:I have to give a big shoutout to knotts. I lost my iPhone X on silver bullet, and somehow it survived the fall and an amazing patron turned it in to the ride staff! They tested my password and gave it back. I asked how it survived and they said maybe 1/10. The bushes below. Long story short, a hope for humanity!!!

They have no loose article policies for a reason. ;)

I just made a donkey in No Limits!

Postby firebird81 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:42 am

Canobie Coaster wrote:I've ridden it once on a past visit, but does Pony Express have a penchant for breaking down? This is the third time it went down while I was queuing for it. At this point, I'm just going to FastLane GhostRider until I leave foe the airport.

In other news, HangTime is an awesome addition to the park. I love the mix of elements and lap bar only trains. It's probably my second favorite at the park.

No, Pony express is usually up and running. You didn't miss much, tho. It's a fun ride, but so short it's not worth waiting over ten minutes for. Ghostrider on the other hand......what hasn't already been said about that beautiful wooden work of art? Time much better spent, in my opinion....oh, and Hangtime rocks!

Postby coasterbill » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:53 am

People better not be talking sh*t about Pony Express. :lol:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!