The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1463 - HangTime POV! Night & Day Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I teach at the school of donkey!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby SoCalJasonland » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:07 pm

Another busy day today with a row and a half of the parking lot being full of school buses plus the normal summer crowds. Ghostriders lines was out the door and heading towards Pan for Gold. App said 1:50 min. The other major coasters, including Hangtime were about one-hour. Chanel 4 was there filing Ghost Town Alive and then moved over by Hangtime.
20180613_114016.jpg
Ghost Town Alive
20180613_114037.jpg
Ghost Town Alive - Channel 4 was filming for news
20180613_114106.jpg
Ghost Town Alive - Channel 4 was filming for news
20180613_131819.jpg
Near Hangtime - Channel 4 was filming for news
20180613_131836.jpg
Near Hangtime - Channel 4 was filming for news
20180613_114558.jpg
Fountain is full of water that looked pretty good today
20180613_121601.jpg
Wipeout
20180613_121612.jpg
Wipeout
20180613_122737.jpg
Monte was broken and resting out of the station

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:41 pm

Most parks publish a phone number where you can text security. That's a good discreet way of taking care of the problem so they don't gain from their mischief but also can't identify you and retaliate against you.
Top Wood: 1. The Outlaw Run 2. The Phoenix 3. The El Toro 4. The Voyage 5. The Twister
Top Steel: 1. The Millennium Force 2. The Skyrush 3. The Magnum XL-200 4. The Diamondback 5. The Maverick
Top Parks: 1. The Disneyland 2. The Dollywood 3. The Silver Dollar City 4. The Knoebels 5. The Holiday World

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:54 pm

Completely random question: Does anyone know what happened to the Boomerang? It has been completely gone for a year now. Any word on where it went after being refurbished in Europe?
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Postby tdaun » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:07 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Completely random question: Does anyone know what happened to the Boomerang? It has been completely gone for a year now. Any word on where it went after being refurbished in Europe?

I was under the impression it went the way of the dinosaurs.... "Bye-bye"

I teach at the school of donkey!

Postby Freestyle23 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:40 pm

I shouldn't expect school buses tomorrow right as school should be over for everyone?

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:31 pm

Freestyle23 wrote:I shouldn't expect school buses tomorrow right as school should be over for everyone?

Summer camps still use school buses. It's going to be busy at every theme park now. We are in the middle of summer.

I wrote the book about donkeys!

Postby CedarFlags » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:28 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:At least when it comes to Knott's, I have always been way more bothered by the extremely excessive number of people who use the exit to ride GhostRider for whatever reason. If one or two people have a disability and use the system, I totally get that. No issue. It's when they bring along their 12 family members who are more than capable of standing in line like everyone else. That's what drives me nuts. I've seen times where an exit group fills half the train or more. And the weirdest thing is it's ONLY GhostRider... no other coaster in the park has nearly as many of these people.

Bullet can get quite a few, and so can Pony. It's most noticeable on GhostRider though. The Guest Assistance Pass at Knott's gets so majorly abused, and I wish the park would grow some stones and make people stick to the rules without the fear of the complaints from people who don't get their way.

My biggest pet peeve is the grandma in a wheelchair who gets the pass and then doesn't go on any of the rides, but just lets the kids skip the line with it.

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby toughmudder » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:11 pm

Hey everybody - I'm heading to KBF next Tuesday (July 3). I haven't been in a few years. We won't be arriving until early-mid afternoon. Any tips on what rides to hit at what portion of the day? We won't have Fastlane. Also, any recommendations on where to eat? The new BBQ place looks good, but wondered what else people recommended (outside of the chicken dinner). Do they have any Boysenberry-themed items or do they reserve that only for Boysenberry Festival.

Thanks in advance!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:47 pm

toughmudder wrote:Hey everybody - I'm heading to KBF next Tuesday (July 3). I haven't been in a few years. We won't be arriving until early-mid afternoon. Any tips on what rides to hit at what portion of the day? We won't have Fastlane. Also, any recommendations on where to eat? The new BBQ place looks good, but wondered what else people recommended (outside of the chicken dinner). Do they have any Boysenberry-themed items or do they reserve that only for Boysenberry Festival.

Thanks in advance!

I would usually say to watch out for 4th of July crowds, but since that's on a Wednesday this year I really have no idea what crowds will be like the Monday and Tuesday before since "4th of July Weekend" is ambiguous this year. GhostRider, HangTime, and Xcelerator will have the longest lines, and GhostRider's will probably move the slowest. As long as Silver Bullet is running two trains (which I think is a very safe assumption this time of year), even a long-ish line will move pretty quickly. This is definitely not true with Xcel and GR. I can't really speak for HangTime since I haven't been since it opened.

My best advice, and I think most people would agree, would be to get there before opening and go straight to GhostRider and hit it super early before the line fills up, but since you will be arriving in the afternoon, you may just need to brave the lines unfortunately. Knott's gets crazy busy around this time, holiday or not.

For food, aside from the BBQ (which is my personal favorite at the park, even above the chicken dinner restaurant), there is some decent Mexican food options in Fiesta Village as well as a Ghost Town Grill in, well, Ghost Town. And of course there is Coasters Diner if you're into basic theme parks stuff like burgers or chicken tenders. The new BBQ restaurant is the only food in the park that really stands out to me as "above average."

EDIT: Oh, and for Boysenberry, they offer the punch year-round and you can purchase BBQ, butter, etc. in the shops, but I *think* the only thing they offer at food service places is the punch and maybe a flavored ICEE as well. Someone else will have to fact check me on that.
Steel: 160 / Wood: 32 / Total: 192
Home Parks: Knott's (when home), Lagoon (at school)

Macaroni and Donkey

Postby toughmudder » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:28 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
toughmudder wrote:Hey everybody - I'm heading to KBF next Tuesday (July 3). I haven't been in a few years. We won't be arriving until early-mid afternoon. Any tips on what rides to hit at what portion of the day? We won't have Fastlane. Also, any recommendations on where to eat? The new BBQ place looks good, but wondered what else people recommended (outside of the chicken dinner). Do they have any Boysenberry-themed items or do they reserve that only for Boysenberry Festival.

Thanks in advance!

I would usually say to watch out for 4th of July crowds, but since that's on a Wednesday this year I really have no idea what crowds will be like the Monday and Tuesday before since "4th of July Weekend" is ambiguous this year. GhostRider, HangTime, and Xcelerator will have the longest lines, and GhostRider's will probably move the slowest. As long as Silver Bullet is running two trains (which I think is a very safe assumption this time of year), even a long-ish line will move pretty quickly. This is definitely not true with Xcel and GR. I can't really speak for HangTime since I haven't been since it opened.

My best advice, and I think most people would agree, would be to get there before opening and go straight to GhostRider and hit it super early before the line fills up, but since you will be arriving in the afternoon, you may just need to brave the lines unfortunately. Knott's gets crazy busy around this time, holiday or not.

For food, aside from the BBQ (which is my personal favorite at the park, even above the chicken dinner restaurant), there is some decent Mexican food options in Fiesta Village as well as a Ghost Town Grill in, well, Ghost Town. And of course there is Coasters Diner if you're into basic theme parks stuff like burgers or chicken tenders. The new BBQ restaurant is the only food in the park that really stands out to me as "above average."

EDIT: Oh, and for Boysenberry, they offer the punch year-round and you can purchase BBQ, butter, etc. in the shops, but I *think* the only thing they offer at food service places is the punch and maybe a flavored ICEE as well. Someone else will have to fact check me on that.

^ great advice - thank you!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!