The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1463 - HangTime POV! Night & Day Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:38 am

Every time I got to a media shoot, I always check my email one last time before I leave the house. Just for this reason. Stuff gets canceled all the time with this type of thing. So, I went right back to bed! Haha.

Glad it worked out in the end.

KidTums' personal piano player

Postby wrs28330 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:44 am

Thanks to Theme Park Review, we were able to attend the HangTime Media Event at Knott's Berry Farm ahead of its grand opening today! This new coaster makes quite a splash, as it becomes the choice-wave in the Boardwalk area of the park. With the opening of HangTime, the Boardwalk area now feels complete.

The official TPR Media Event report will come soon from David and Brittney, but here a few teaser pictures from the totally tubular event!
01.JPG
Glad to be back at Knott's Berry Farm!
02.jpg
After a few laps on the surrounding rides, the crowd gathered for the opening ceremony.
03.jpg
The lighting completely transforms the look of the ride at night.
04.jpg
The coaster prepares to catch a wave as it makes its first drop!
05.jpg
After the ceremony, we went on the Sky Cabin to get a different view. Watching the lights chase with the train is so enjoyable!
06.jpg
Time to take our first ride!
07.jpg
..and second and third ride!
08.jpg
Check back soon for the official report from David and Brittney! Congratulations to Knott's Berry Farm on brining the first dive coaster to the West Coast, and thank you for inviting us to join you for this wonderful event! Here is to a great summer season at the farm!

Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Postby PKI Jizzman » Fri May 18, 2018 9:30 am

I don't think I'll ever get tired of seeing pictures of Hangtime. Looks great. Really hoping to get back to Cali this year!
Chi-livin. @adultswim @cartoonnetwork | World traveler, concert attendee, salsa connoisseur, comic reader, and theme park nerd.
Snaps: photoboothezizi

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mr. Corn » Fri May 18, 2018 10:42 am

i went to the filming event today, and to be completely honest, it was just okay. it was very early, and most of the stuff i filmed got cut (they cropped the footage on FOX 11 so there were none of our interviews, which i missed out on accidentally, and only 2 of us ended up being on FOX 11 at all) however, the PR people were beyond accomdating and nice over the whole “its cancelled... oh wait it isn’t” and they were nice enough to give us breakfest. plus, i got to meet the people i saw on TV, and i believe the reverse POV of us TPRers will be posted which will be cool. so overall, it was tiring, but i did have fun, i’ll upload some pics later

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Fri May 18, 2018 10:49 am

Mr. Corn wrote:i went to the filming event today, and to be completely honest, it was just okay. it was very early, and most of the stuff i filmed got cut (they cropped the footage on FOX 11 so there were none of our interviews, which i missed out on accidentally, and only 2 of us ended up being on FOX 11 at all) however, the PR people were beyond accomdating and nice over the whole “its cancelled... oh wait it isn’t” and they were nice enough to give us breakfest. plus, i got to meet the people i saw on TV, and i believe the reverse POV of us TPRers will be posted which will be cool. so overall, it was tiring, but i did have fun, i’ll upload some pics later

that's cool. the one video on the website with the reporter riding is framed to just two people in the front. seems like most of the train was empty?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillrider » Fri May 18, 2018 1:45 pm

I'm loving the lighting package!
341 steel coasters
114 wood coasters

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby VCXfreak » Fri May 18, 2018 4:19 pm

Mr. Corn wrote:i went to the filming event today, and to be completely honest, it was just okay. it was very early, and most of the stuff i filmed got cut (they cropped the footage on FOX 11 so there were none of our interviews, which i missed out on accidentally, and only 2 of us ended up being on FOX 11 at all) however, the PR people were beyond accomdating and nice over the whole “its cancelled... oh wait it isn’t” and they were nice enough to give us breakfest. plus, i got to meet the people i saw on TV, and i believe the reverse POV of us TPRers will be posted which will be cool. so overall, it was tiring, but i did have fun, i’ll upload some pics later

First I want to send BIG THANK YOU to Eric from Knott's Marketing Dept. He made is possible for us to ride with FOX11 News.

Had a great time with my fellow TRP members. it's nice to put screen names to faces. Once in the park it was a little slow and didnt know if we would get to ride. After several minutes of testing we were ready for the first ride with the news crew. The reporter and camera man are not coaster fans, so it made even more fun to hear the screaming through out ride. After 30 minutes Knott's set up a breakfast for all. Bacon burrito was really good and filling. It wasn't long after that we got back on and was fearful of possible protein spills. All was good and everyone's food remained in their bellies.

Hangtime is GREAT! Knott's has a winner on their hands. The back row is the best! When the train is sitting at the holding brake pending release. The back whips over and you experience serious ejector time. The rest of the ride is fun and has you smiling and laughing through out it.

I can't wait to see the reverse POV of us. I was told they used a portion of it on the news along with our interviews. would love to do more stuff like this for TPR.

Thank You Knott's Crew

ADMIN EDIT: Unauthorized onride photos deleted.
Last edited by robbalvey on Sat May 19, 2018 1:49 pm.
Live Laugh Love Ride

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Mr. Corn » Fri May 18, 2018 4:23 pm

VCXfreak wrote:

First I want to send BIG THANK YOU to Eric from Knott's Marketing Dept. He made is possible for us to ride with FOX11 News.

Had a great time with my fellow TRP members. it's nice to put screen names to faces. Once in the park it was a little slow and didnt know if we would get to ride. After several minutes of testing we were ready for the first ride with the news crew. The reporter and camera man are not coaster fans, so it made even more fun to hear the screaming through out ride. After 30 minutes Knott's set up a breakfast for all. Bacon burrito was really good and filling. It wasn't long after that we got back on and was fearful of possible protein spills. All was good and everyone's food remained in their bellies.

Hangtime is GREAT! Knott's has a winner on their hands. The back row is the best! When the train is sitting at the holding brake pending release. The back whips over and you experience serious ejector time. The rest of the ride is fun and has you smiling and laughing through out it.

I can't wait to see the reverse POV of us. I was told they used a portion of it on the news along with our interviews. would love to do more stuff like this for TPR.

Thank You Knott's Crew

do you have the photo that the two of us took with the news guy from FOX 11 (the guy your mom likes lol). i'd love to see it!!

Did the donkey fairy give me this title?

Postby SimiGeek » Fri May 18, 2018 4:40 pm

I have the POV pm me and I’ll send u a link to my dropbox.i also have the photo. I sent it to rob as my phones acting up and can’t post it but will at dinner. I also have the footage of the event recorded on my dvr I’ll try and put it on YouTube

Beware of the freeze-dried donkey!

Postby coasterlvr » Fri May 18, 2018 5:07 pm

SimiGeek wrote:

I have the POV pm me and I’ll send u a link to my dropbox.i also have the photo. I sent it to rob as my phones acting up and can’t post it but will at dinner. I also have the footage of the event recorded on my dvr I’ll try and put it on YouTube

I'm glad you got to go. I was thinking not only would driving from Ventura suck for VCXfreak, paying for a room and not getting in would be a bummer for you, too.

who was the guy with the big beard sitting next to Matt Johnson? anyone here?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!