The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1463 - HangTime POV! Night & Day Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Mr. Corn » Sun May 13, 2018 7:31 pm

here is my hangtime's opening day trip report, located on my socal adventures thread!! please enjoy!! www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=72745&start=20

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Sun May 13, 2018 7:33 pm

Arthur_Seaton wrote:
Condor wrote:Hangtime is not an intense coaster at all. Unfortunately, none of the inversions stood out to me and I didn't feel much of anything going through them. Hangtime is definitely the kind of coaster you have to appreciate visually rather than seat-of-the-pants, and that's in part why I think it's going to become one of those "must-do at night" coasters.

Fully agree. I had a feeling when I saw the original design that it wouldn't be my thing (inversions don't do much for me), but I also knew it'd be a great-looking ride — one that I'd be as happy to watch as ride. I kept my expectations in check, so the drop and the little airtime drop both surprised me as I thought they'd both be fairly forceless. Also, even though it's quite small, I think the first drop's better than the other beyond-vertical coasters I've ridden, so that was a plus. The rest of the ride was kind of what I expected from back-to-back inversions. Having said that, I think its lack of intensity will make it a good stepping stone for kids who aren't quite sure about the bigger coasters.

Very similar reaction to this one as there was to Silver Bullet, and now there is quite an appreciation for it. So it sounds like a perfect addition to Knotts!

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sun May 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Manic Monte wrote:Very similar reaction to this one as there was to Silver Bullet, and now there is quite an appreciation for it. So it sounds like a perfect addition to Knotts!

That's a good point, although I think I'm one of like three people who loved Silver Bullet from the get-go haha!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby joelwee » Sun May 13, 2018 9:35 pm

Great pics and report, Condor. What kind of camera did you use?

One thing I thought was odd - which I forgot to mention in my TR - is that you can't wear glasses on Hangtime, even if they have a lanyard. The ride ops didn't all seem to get that memo; one of them told me to keep my sunglasses on because I had a lanyard... only to be interrupted by another ride op, who told me to take them off and put them in a bin. But with yesterday being such a grey day, I'm not sure why I brought my sunglasses to begin with. :lol:
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

I'm a know-it-all about donkeys!

Postby clem2754 » Sun May 13, 2018 10:22 pm

cal1br3tto wrote:Some great photos here--appreciated! It's interesting to see how people rank the Knott's coasters and where this one stands. I'm vacillating a bit in my anticipation for it, but someone made a good point that it's better than Boomerang!

After giving it 48 hours since I rode Hangtime, I think I would rank Knott's coasters as follows:

1. GhostRider- Clearly the class of the park for myself. One of the top wooden roller coasters that I have rode. I really enjoy this ride.
2. XCelerator: Great Launch, just wish it wasn't so short of a ride. It is clearly below Ghsot Rider for me.
3. Hang Time: Longer ride than XCelerator, but no where near as intense. Some real good moments and I love the lighting at night.
4. Silver Bullet: Average invert. No where near the level of Afterburn, which is the best one that I rode. It is still worth riding when I come to the park.

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Condor » Sun May 13, 2018 10:27 pm

joelwee wrote:Great pics and report, Condor. What kind of camera did you use?

Thanks! And I used an iPhone :lol:

I don't consider myself any kind of photographer at all, but I find that taking the time to set up angles and fill the field of view can make even iPhone pics look surprisingly decent.

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby SteVeUrkle » Sun May 13, 2018 11:16 pm

joelwee wrote:Great pics and report, Condor. What kind of camera did you use?

One thing I thought was odd - which I forgot to mention in my TR - is that you can't wear glasses on Hangtime, even if they have a lanyard. The ride ops didn't all seem to get that memo; one of them told me to keep my sunglasses on because I had a lanyard... only to be interrupted by another ride op, who told me to take them off and put them in a bin. But with yesterday being such a grey day, I'm not sure why I brought my sunglasses to begin with. :lol:

Ride ops at Knott's not ALL on the same page regarding ride restrictions? Mark me shocked!

LOL Anyway, great to hear the reports on Hangtime! Thanks for all the photo's folks.

Definitely not the reason I'd visit the park after 4 years gone, as I think Ghostrider would win that one, as well as Xcelerator, but it's still nice the park has a coaster the public and enthusiasts are excited to ride. Definitely a facelift to Boomerang which I so dearly am going to miss.

Also whoever called out the Long Beach Airport deco, good eye! I think it looks sweet. LGB has to be one of the most awesome airports in the United States, and most especially California. Where else do you get to walk out on the tarmac to a 24 seater? No traffic, easy access, close to home, and so old school with friendly staff. I would recommend Long Beach Airport to anyone even if it's $50-$100 more! You won't regret it!
Live Cedar Point Queue Times: https://queue-times.com/parks/50/queue_times

Site Admin

Postby robbalvey » Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 am

PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BEFORE RESPONDING!

If you live in the Southern California area and want to ride Knott's Berry Farm's new Hangtime roller coaster THIS FRIDAY MORNING read below....

NBC News is coming to film HangTime this Friday (May 18) morning. Knott's needs 50 excited riders for the shoot. You would get early ride time on the coaster plus free admission to the park for the rest of the day. We need extras to arrive by 5:30 A.M. and stay until at least 9:30 A.M. After that, they are free to enjoy a day in the park or go home.

YOU MUST RSVP TO THE EMAIL BELOW:

pr@knotts.com

Please send them the following:

- Your Full Name
- Your email address
- Your age
- Your TPR Screen Name

Put "Hangtime NBC Shoot" in the subject of the email.

If you would like to bring a guest, please ASK them if there are any remaining spots for your guest.

We would also ask that if you are at the park that day for the shoot, please post photos to social media (we love Twitter) and tag @themeparkreview in the photos so we can retweet them.

Thank you!

--Robb Alvey
http://www.themeparkreview.com
Last edited by robbalvey on Tue May 15, 2018 9:41 am.

I Love Donkeys!

Postby kalikoasterman510 » Tue May 15, 2018 10:30 am

I really hope I got my email in there in time!! Yes I'm from the Bay Area but do you think that will stop me from making an easy drive down there?!?! NOPE!!

"CACTUS SHARP!!"

Postby COASTER FREAK 11 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:24 am

Email sent, thanks for the info Robb!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!