The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1463 - HangTime POV! Night & Day Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 1 guest
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I know more about donkeys than women!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Condor » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:17 pm

Don't know who the meme was directed at but I'm absolutely going to criticize Hangtime if it has too much hangtime once I ride it! :lol:

It's not like that kind of hangtime is what the park was getting at when they named it. And after riding a few relatively forceful Gerstlauer loopers in Germany last year I was hoping Knott's would get one of their own. But even if not, it sure beats Boomerang!

Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Postby joelwee » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:01 pm

anonymouscactus wrote:Sounds about right....

:lol:
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't complaining - just making an observation. I love the lapbar-only hang time on YOLOcoaster and am really looking forward to a ride that focuses on that.
Seat, don't fail me now!
2018 Trip Reports: Castles 'N' Coasters; Six Flags Discovery Kingdom

Full Fledged Donkey Enthusiast!

Postby firebird81 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:45 am

Condor wrote:
It's not like that kind of hangtime is what the park was getting at when they named it.

Well, they played on the words hang ten, but by naming it hangtime I don't know how anyone could reach a different conclusion. Hangtime isn't a surfing term....

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:09 am

firebird81 wrote:Well, they played on the words hang ten, but by naming it hangtime I don't know how anyone could reach a different conclusion.

The ride spends time hanging you over the first drop, hence “Hangtime.” That’s what the name is referring to.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby edgeboy » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:08 pm

^I do think that's the primary reason for the name, but the actual hangtime in the inversions probably play a part as well, IMO.

Postby Condor » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:19 pm

firebird81 wrote:
Condor wrote:
It's not like that kind of hangtime is what the park was getting at when they named it.

Well, they played on the words hang ten, but by naming it hangtime I don't know how anyone could reach a different conclusion. Hangtime isn't a surfing term....

Trust me, I live in Huntington Beach where the US Open of Surfing is held every year so I know the terminology when I hear it. Yes, it's not a surf term (though I've never heard someone actually say "hang ten!" with any degree of seriousness either), but it does come across as the kind of thing some out of touch executive or marketing guy might think is a surfing term. I just feel assuming that CF deliberately named the ride after the speed at which it's supposed to traverse the inversions is giving them too much credit lol. I think Arthur_Seaton got it right.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:24 pm

Oh good lord, I think we all understand that the ride's pacing through the slow sections isn't why they called the ride Hangtime. It was a joke and personally I thought it was hilarious but let's not seriously spend time analyzing this. :lol:

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Manic Monte » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:28 pm

Yeah...what the hell are people debating? This got silly really quickly... :lmao:

Postby Condor » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:30 pm

coasterbill wrote:Oh good lord, I think we all understand that the ride's pacing through the slow sections isn't why they called the ride Hangtime. It was a joke and personally I thought it was hilarious but let's not seriously spend time analyzing this. :lol:

Yeah but... but... but it's fun and... and... we all have egos to protect and... and... Yeah, okay.

“Fear can make a donkey attack a lion”

Postby SoCalJasonland » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:05 pm

Just a couple of pictures from 420 day at Knott's. It's getting there.
20180420_125940.jpg
420 HangTime Progress
20180420_130047.jpg
420 HangTime Progress
20180420_130135.jpg
420 HangTime Progress
Only blank more days till Halloween, Halloween, Halloween! Wish I knew some HTML code to update the date on this sig. Silver Shamrock.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!