The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1314 - HangTime Dive Coaster Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: coasternate and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby CaptainUnknown » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:26 pm

eugjackson wrote:It could be RMC Raptor. and not T Rex. Raptor is the same "monorail" system as T Rex concept at lower price point. Raptor is a smaller coaster.

Raptors are also 1/2 capacity as T-Rex--Not a good idea for a major new coaster at a major SoCal amusement park--especially during Knott's Scary Farm. Raptors were designed for smaller parks. I see MiA getting a B&M Giga before KBF gets an RMC Raptor.
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby eugjackson » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:33 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:
eugjackson wrote:It could be RMC Raptor. and not T Rex. Raptor is the same "monorail" system as T Rex concept at lower price point. Raptor is a smaller coaster.

Raptors are also 1/2 capacity as T-Rex--Not a good idea for a major new coaster at a major SoCal amusement park--especially during Knott's Scary Farm. Raptors were designed for smaller parks. I see MiA getting a B&M Giga before KBF gets an RMC Raptor.

The Boomerang leaving has a capacity of 760/hr...clearly capacity is not a priority.

I just swallowed a whole donkey!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:42 pm

eugjackson wrote:
CaptainUnknown wrote:

The Boomerang leaving has a capacity of 760/hr...clearly capacity is not a priority.

Removing a 30-year old, low-capacity shuttle coaster for (potentially) a B&M with a theoretical capacity of 1500 riders per hour. Doubling Capacity.
tumblr_o8k28tpDH01s9a9yjo1_500.gif
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

The best thing about TPR is the donkeys.

Postby eugjackson » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:46 pm

CaptainUnknown wrote:
eugjackson wrote:
CaptainUnknown wrote:

Removing a 30-year old, low-capacity shuttle coaster for (potentially) a B&M with a theoretical capacity of 1500 riders per hour. Doubling Capacity.

Clown boy..There is a reason KB has not gotten anything for years and years and years and CP. KI, Carrowinds has... Now let's see how long it takes you to figure out why before you have to be told

I've gone pantless!

Location: In the lair of the Huge Hummel Boy (which is conveniently located near Williamsburg, Va.)

Postby cfc » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:50 pm

To everyone engaging in pointless bickering and name calling in this thread . . .

Knock it off. Now.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby scottiemon » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:24 pm

cfc wrote:To everyone engaging in pointless bickering and name calling in this thread . . .

Knock it off. Now.

Thank you. Me and :nina:

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby VegasBaby » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:38 pm

Knott's actually has a higher EBIDTA (profit) number than any Cedar Fair park not named Cedar Point. (At least they did in the last annual report I read.) So to say that there's a financial reason Knott's hasn't gotten a shiny new B&M wouldn't be factual. CF has been spending about $175 million annually in capex expenditures the last two years, so there's certainly room in the 2018 budget for a B&M at Knott's to go along with the RMCs at CP and KD.
Coaster Count: 187 Last Coaster: Mako
Top Ten: 1) Superman:TR 2) Millennium Force 3) X2 4) Skyrush 5) Twisted Colossus 6) Maverick 7) Top Thrill Dragster 8) Mako 9) Lightning Rod 10) Storm Runner

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:41 pm

Knott's has gotten a pretty decent chunk of capex the last few years. Iron Reef, the refurbs of Calico and Timber Mountain Log ride, Ghostrider rebuild etc; The park receiving "nothing" in comparison to the other big CF parks is incorrect.

I love this pie chart, gives a great perspective of why certain CF parks seem to get "shafted" while others seem to lavish.

1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

the ghost seems to think there is a "Donkey Fairy"

Postby Rill'o'beily » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Superbatboy wrote:I love this pie chart,

It really says something that I legit had no idea "Great America" was a park. I just thought whenever people said it they referred to SFGA :lmao:

Bonafide Donkey Expert

Postby jtaudioacc » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:14 pm

does knott's have a noise issue with height they need to be concerned with? i always assumed that's why they added the tunnel thing on ghostrider. although, any new coaster in that boardwalk area i guess is kinda on the side where maybe it doesn't matter with xcelerator there.

maybe it's okay to have a big drop pointed north? i was always curious about that hood they put on ghostrider. that drop is pointed to the closest residences. i know you can still hear knotts pretty good to the east where my friends house is on the other side of the parking lot.

anyway, i hope they install a small airtime machine.

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!