The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1180: Showdown in Ghost Town media day
Users viewing this topic: Imagineer55 and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
I Guess Donkeys Are Okay

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby MicrosoftExcel » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:19 pm

My dream is Silver Bullet to be repainted.... Silver. It would look so much more subtle than that obnoxious orange.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby Superbatboy » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:43 pm

MicrosoftExcel wrote:My dream is Silver Bullet to be repainted.... Silver. It would look so much more subtle than that obnoxious orange.

:nina:
1.Skyrush 2.El Toro 3.Fury 325 4.Maverick 5.New Texas Giant 6.Wicked Cyclone 7.Twisted Colossus 8.Superman:TR 9.Millennium Force 10.Apollo's Chariot

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:11 pm

MicrosoftExcel wrote:My dream is Silver Bullet to be repainted.... Silver. It would look so much more subtle than that obnoxious orange.

Aside from it's obnoxious all-red lift hill, I absolutely love Silver Bullet's color scheme. I can think of 5 other coasters in the park I'd rather see painted a different color before Silver Bullet.

So now that Monte is about finished, that means every coaster in the park has been re-painted in the last 5 years... except Xcelerator. Is there an actual reason they are keeping it that super faded pink? I don't buy the "it's too difficult to paint" reason, considering Cedar Point was able to repaint Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster.
Adventure Kingdom is BACK! Check out the latest update for the park's huge new wooden coaster, Patriot!
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71207&start=40

I'm WAY cooler than Henry M.

Postby Lameformer » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:15 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:So now that Monte is about finished, that means every coaster in the park has been re-painted in the last 5 years... except Xcelerator. Is there an actual reason they are keeping it that super faded pink? I don't buy the "it's too difficult to paint" reason, considering Cedar Point was able to repaint Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster.

This had me thinking...

If they were to repaint Xcelerator, how would they be able to paint the Top Hat? There's probably a way but the fact that it doesn't have a catwalk on top (or whatever it's called that Kingda Ka and TTD have) makes it seem very difficult.
Life is like a roller coaster- it has its ups, its downs, its heartline rolls, its batwings, its immelmanns, its corkscrews, is pretzel loops, its..... never mind.

Credits: 56
1.Twisted Colossus 2.X2 3.Tatsu 4.Xcelerator 5.GhostRider 6.YOLOcoaster 7.Superman: Escape From Krypton 8.Rock N Roller Coaster 9.Riddler's Revenge 10.Batman: The Ride

Don't make me kick you in the donkey!

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 pm

Lameformer wrote:
thrillseeker4552 wrote:So now that Monte is about finished, that means every coaster in the park has been re-painted in the last 5 years... except Xcelerator. Is there an actual reason they are keeping it that super faded pink? I don't buy the "it's too difficult to paint" reason, considering Cedar Point was able to repaint Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster.

This had me thinking...

If they were to repaint Xcelerator, how would they be able to paint the Top Hat? There's probably a way but the fact that it doesn't have a catwalk on top (or whatever it's called that Kingda Ka and TTD have) makes it seem very difficult.

This is just me thinking out loud, but I'm sure they could put a crane in that small backstage area or, if they needed to, close off part of the road behind it for a large crane. It probably is more difficult than most coasters, but I wouldn't label it as impossible. I guess the day Xcelerator gets re-painted is also the day Tatsu gets re-painted ;)
Adventure Kingdom is BACK! Check out the latest update for the park's huge new wooden coaster, Patriot!
http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=71207&start=40

Postby ytterbiumanalyst » Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:06 am

Personally, I like the faded pink. Just seems so 50's California to me.
Top Wood: 1. Outlaw Run 2. Voyage 3. The Beast 4. Ghostrider 5. Shivering Timbers
Top Steel: 1. Millennium Force 2. Magnum XL-200 3. Diamondback 4. Maverick 5. Wildfire
Top Parks: 1. Disneyland 2. Silver Dollar City 3. Holiday World 4. Knott's Berry Farm 5. Cedar Point

Postby coasterbill » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:48 am

I like it also, I think it looks great.

I think Intamin should make a donkey!

Postby sfriday1998 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:03 pm

coasterbill wrote:I like it also, I think it looks great.

:nina: :nina:
Current coaster count: 40
Total credits: 136
Favorite flat rides: New England SkyScreamer, Soarin (Epcot, Disney World Florida), Houdini Great Escape (SFNE)
Favorite Coasters: Millennium Force (CP), Superman: The Ride (SFNE), Batman the Dark Knight (SFNE)
Just living and having a good time
:airtime:

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:08 pm

ytterbiumanalyst wrote:Personally, I like the faded pink. Just seems so Faded 50's California to me.

Fixed. And I agree. :)
Last edited by Nrthwnd on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:12 pm.
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

Which came first the turtle or the donkey?

Postby KnottsBerryMountain » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:49 pm

I like Xcelerator's color scheme. It doesn't look that bad in person. Not a fan of the orange paint on Montezooma but new paint is always good.
Intamin! Intamin! Intamin!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!