The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1314 - HangTime Dive Coaster Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: CaptainUnknown, scottiemon, SFNE Fan and 9 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Don't let this donkey melt you with its laser eyes!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:16 pm

jtaudioacc wrote:
Arthur_Seaton wrote:Was planning on heading to the park today to finally catch a ride on Sol Spin but it looks like it's closed again already? At least according to the website. Bummer.

i didn't walk up to it yesterday, but from walking by near the arcade, i didn't see any action at all over there.

I just called to double check and they said "they thought it was working," but the front desk person hadn't been notified. It is indeed down again, and Montezooma is down too. Maybe I'll try again next week.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby Mr Stratosphere » Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:15 pm

This is what was listed on Knott's site.

Knott's Scheduled Ride Closures

Xcelerator
Now - TBD

Sky Cabin
Now - TBD

Montezooma's Revenge
Now - 12/15

Bigfoot Rapids
Now - 12/15

Sol Spin
12/13

Information is subject to change without notice. Individual rides not listed here may occasionally close.

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:13 pm

Probably a dumb question but has anybody heard anything new regarding Xcelerator recently?

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby joelwee » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:57 pm

WestCoasterKing wrote:Probably a dumb question but has anybody heard anything new regarding Xcelerator recently?

Other than Dippin' Dots types claiming that pieces of the track have been removed, I've heard nothing. I'm planning on visiting Knott's within the next month or so and am bummed out I won't get to ride Xcelerator.
1) Twisted Colossus 2) X2 3) XCelerator 4) Tatsu 5) YOLOcoaster 6) Viper 7) Batman 8) Matterhorn Bobsleds 9) Apocalypse 10) Ghost Rider
Coaster count: 36
Seat, don't fail me now!

If the donkey is rockin, don't come knockin!

Postby CaptainUnknown » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:11 pm

joelwee wrote:
WestCoasterKing wrote:Probably a dumb question but has anybody heard anything new regarding Xcelerator recently?

Other than Dippin' Dots types claiming that pieces of the track have been removed, I've heard nothing. I'm planning on visiting Knott's within the next month or so and am bummed out I won't get to ride Xcelerator.

They were probably removed because of dents in the supports and need to be replaced. :lmao:
Sweet Screams are Made of This. Who Am I To Disagree?

Parks: 21
Credits: 101 (20 wood/81 steel)
Top Wood: Outlaw Run
Top Steel: Millennium Force

There is no such thing as a donkey punch.

Postby Shut It Down » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Went to Knotts today, got there around 3:30 because me and my girlfriend just purchased 2018 season passes and got a free day in 2017 so why not.Ghostrider, Sol Spin, Xcelerator, and Bigfoot we’re all closed. I knew Xcelerator would be closed but I was bummed Ghostrider was when we got there. Is it normal for them to shut it down later in the day?

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:54 pm

Shut It Down wrote:Went to Knotts today, got there around 3:30 because me and my girlfriend just purchased 2018 season passes and got a free day in 2017 so why not.Ghostrider, Sol Spin, Xcelerator, and Bigfoot we’re all closed. I knew Xcelerator would be closed but I was bummed Ghostrider was when we got there. Is it normal for them to shut it down later in the day?

That's strange that GhostRider was closed. It was obviously unexpected and you just had bad luck, because it isn't listed on their website, and it just finished a refurbishment only a couple weeks ago.
Credits: 172
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick

Have I mentioned how awesome donkeys are?

Postby edgeboy » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:42 pm

This is off topic, but I finally ate at the new Boardwalk BBQ today, and I had no idea that you can get a variety of sauces outside: Boysenberry BBQ, Mild BBQ, Spicy BBQ, and Sweet Heat Mustard. This changes my life.

In other news, Sol Spin is indeed still down, and I didn't see it reflected on the park sign. Never made it over to Ghostrider, but it seemed quiet. Park was pretty busy today! Line for Monty was all the way to the bottom of the ramp.

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:21 pm

edgeboy wrote:In other news, Sol Spin is indeed still down, and I didn't see it reflected on the park sign. Never made it over to Ghostrider, but it seemed quiet. Park was pretty busy today! Line for Monty was all the way to the bottom of the ramp.

That's too bad. I'm heading to the park tomorrow, mostly to check out HangTime construction, but I'll be bummed if GhostRider and Sol Spin are both down. I understand it's sort of the off-season (although not really with busy winter crowds coming), but dang, come on Knott's. I long for the day when every ride in the park is open...
Credits: 172
Top 5: (1) Skyrush (2) Fury 325 (3) Intimidator 305 (4) El Toro (5) Maverick

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:26 am

edgeboy wrote:This is off topic, but I finally ate at the new Boardwalk BBQ today, and I had no idea that you can get a variety of sauces outside: Boysenberry BBQ, Mild BBQ, Spicy BBQ, and Sweet Heat Mustard. This changes my life.

In other news, Sol Spin is indeed still down, and I didn't see it reflected on the park sign. Never made it over to Ghostrider, but it seemed quiet. Park was pretty busy today! Line for Monty was all the way to the bottom of the ramp.

I agree on the sauce options. Boardwalk BBQ is my go to spot at KBF now. They also carry the boysenberry beer and cider year round!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!