The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1463 - HangTime POV! Night & Day Footage!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 6 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Challenge me at Donkey Kong...I dare ya!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby WestCoasterKing » Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:28 pm

thrillseeker4552 wrote:Also, with HangTime coming next year, I don't see a new coaster at Knott's for a long, long time. I think the most we could see is a new family coaster in the next decade, if they choose to retire Jaguar.

I don't necessarily think it will be "a long, long time" before Knott's gets another coaster. Since taking over Knott's in 1997 Cedar Fair has added 7 roller coasters in 21 years (counting HangTime in 2018). 4 of those coasters are considered major attractions. GhostRider, Xcelerator, Silver Bullet and HangTime. There was four years between GhostRider and Xcelerator but then only two years between Xcelerator and Silver Bullet. Then there was 14 years between Silver Bullet and HangTime! But during those 14 years they still added three smaller family coasters in 2007, 2008 and 2013.

I think we could see another coaster by 2020 and I wouldn't be surprised if it replaced Coast Rider. Ever since they installed the shin guards everyone just hates that ride. I do however agree that the next major coaster won't come for at least another decade (unless Monty and/or Xcelerator completely bite the dust in the next few years) and that coaster will replace Jaguar. (Please keep the temple).

But I actually see more non-coaster related additions in the coming years. I think Iron Reef will get a makeover of some sort and Mystery Lodge will be upgraded to some type of show along the lines of Mass Effect at CGA, but western themed. And of course I see more flats. I also wouldn't be surprised if they replaced Timberline Twister.

Now I can see some you shaking your heads because I didn't include Windjammer in the timeline. That is because even though it opened in 1997, it was actually a Knott's family project, not Cedar Fair.
Last edited by WestCoasterKing on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:51 pm.

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby KnottsBerryMountain » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:29 pm

Hangtime track has already arrived at the farm. Some of it is sitting by the burned down fire station.
Intamin! Intamin! Intamin!

Postby WestCoasterKing » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:09 pm

Saw this on Facebook. HangTime track sitting over by the old fire station. All rights to the owner.

By the way, my god the framing for the new fire station in the background is huge!
HT track.jpg
Photo courtesy of Jennifer Felton. Originally posted on Knott's Network Forums.

I love donkeys more than me.

Postby Gnome » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:30 pm

Really surprised at the lack of chatter on ghost rider. Went to Haunt last week and really wish we could have gone on GR more. It was running so fast and it's still incredibly smooth. I greyed out on the bottom of the first drop. Felt every ounce of airtime. Laterals were strong but not overpowering. I'm really happy with the way the ride has broken in. When I first rode it, I didn't think much of it. This last time, I would actually rank it above the likes of Boulder Dash and Tremors.

Go ride now while it's still in amazing shape!
Don't worry, it's an emergency! I'm Chuck Norris

Postby WestCoasterKing » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:25 am

Saw this photo of HangTime footings over on Facebook (all rights to the owner). Does anybody know what's up with the spiral hole down the center of each concrete footing?
HT footings.jpg
Photo courtesy of Jennifer Felton. Originally posted on Knott's Network Forums.

Don't put that donkey on the floor!

Postby Manic Monte » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:33 am

**DOUBLE POST**
Last edited by Manic Monte on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:22 am.

Postby Manic Monte » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:35 am

I'm not sure I would base Knott's next coaster possibility on what's happened in the past. Let's see what happens once HangTime opens. If it drives big revenue for the park, I wouldn't be surprised to see something else on the drawing boards in the near future. I'd love to see a ground up RMC at this park.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:03 am

Manic Monte wrote:I'm not sure I would base Knott's next coaster possibility on what's happened in the past. Let's see what happens once HangTime opens. If it drives big revenue for the park, I wouldn't be surprised to see something else on the drawing boards in the near future. I'd love to see a ground up RMC at this park.

I think any ground up RMC would take a big chunk of land and if they can swing that kind of project I'd rather they put in a giga hyper. Unless they can somehow get RMC to design a giga woodie hybrid.

Postby Manic Monte » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 am

WestCoasterKing wrote:
Manic Monte wrote:I'm not sure I would base Knott's next coaster possibility on what's happened in the past. Let's see what happens once HangTime opens. If it drives big revenue for the park, I wouldn't be surprised to see something else on the drawing boards in the near future. I'd love to see a ground up RMC at this park.

I think any ground up RMC would take a big chunk of land and if they can swing that kind of project I'd rather they put in a giga hyper. Unless they can somehow get RMC to design a giga woodie hybrid.

Or...RMC Raptor/T-Rex design

Postby WestCoasterKing » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:44 am

Manic Monte wrote:
WestCoasterKing wrote:

Or...RMC Raptor/T-Rex design

I'll take a T-Rex. Not a Raptor. Knott's is just too busy a park to have such a low capacity ride. I would really love them to replace to Jaguar with a better ride but keep the temple. Maybe a custom T-Rex?

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!