TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Knott's Berry Farm, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Page.

Official Park Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

November 15th, 2006 - Mack spinning coaster coming to Knotts

May 26th, 2007 - Sierra Sidewinder opens

November 5th, 2007 - KBF to get a Vekoma Booster Bike in 2008

Sep. 18th, 2009 - Xcelerator's Cable Snaps

Sep. 22nd, 2009 - Evidence of Broken Seat?

Sep. 30th, 2009 - Picture of the damage to Xcelerator's front car

Oct. 19th, 2009 - Demon Drop rumored to be going to Knott's

Dec. 8th, 2009 - Knott's to be part of West Coast Bash 2010!

Feb. 11th, 2010 - Construction Pics of Xcelerator's modifications

Feb. 15th, 2010 - AP Processing Wait times and more construction pics

Feb. 25th, 2010 - Xcelerator's new catwalks are up!

April 26th, 2010 - Inspectors blame Knotts & Intamin for cable failure

August 16th, 2010 - KBF closed on Sat. Sept. 4th for Private Event

October 8th, 2010 - Collision on the Pony Express sends 10 to hospital

May 5th, 2011 - Latin Music Festival announced!

May 6th, 2011 - Knott's Gospel Showcase announced!

May 16th, 2011 - Halloween Haunt 2011 mazes & scare zones announced!

May 19th, 2011 - Summer season details announced!

July 3rd, 2011 - Ouimet pledge progress & to respect park history

July 7th, 2011 - "Coasting for Kids" 2011 announced!

July 22nd, 2011 - Navy Week celebration announced!

July 25th, 2011 - Kathy and Janet Lennon join 2011 Doll Event

August 12th, 2011 - Knott's Scary Farm Halloween Haunt site relaunched!

January 1st, 2012 - An AWESOME Knott's New Years Eve trip report!

January 6th, 2012 - 60th anniversary of Calico Railroad/Ghost Town event announced!

January 18th, 2012 - Special Valentines offerings for February announced!

March 3rd, 2012 - Physics Fun Days details released!

March 16th, 2012 - Summer 2012 season entertainment offerings announced

March 30th, 2012 - Knott's Official Trading Pin program launched

June 11th, 2012 - Knott's starts releasing 2012 Haunt Info

June 15th, 2012 - Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner Restaurant adds family-style menu

August 13th, 2012 - Perilous Plunge to CLOSE FOREVER September 3rd!!

September 11th, 2012 - See the awesome Halloween Haunt TV advertisement!

September 22nd, 2012 - 40th Halloween Haunt opening night TR posted

September 23rd, 2012 - Elvira to make an appearance at Knott's 40th Halloween Haunt

November 2012 - Knott's Announces Coast Rider

January 2nd, 2013 - Timber Mountain Log Ride to receive major upgrades!

January 14th, 2013 - 2013 West Coast Bash Announcement

January 26th, 2013 - Off season construction update

January 14th, 2014 - New rides for Camp Snoopy announced

November 13th, 2014 - Interactive dark ride announced

August 19th, 2015 - 75th anniversary to inlcude GhostTown refurb including extensive Ghostrider rehab by GCI

November 22, 2015 - Knotts Merry Farm begins

January 16th, 2016 - Photos of new wood on Ghostrider and deconstruction of Mrs. Knott's Chicken

August 17th, 2016 - New slide towers announced for Knott's Soak City!

September 15th, 2016 - Knott's Spooky Farm returns this October!

November 1st, 2016 - Sol Spin (Mondial Top Scan) announced for 2017

January 13th, 2017 - Knotts to auction memorabilia in March

March 9th, 2017 - "VR Showdown In Ghost Town" experience announced!

March 17th, 2017 - Boomerang coaster closing on April 23rd, 2017!

March 22, 2017 - Showdown in Ghost Town media event

March 27th, 2017 - Preview of Knott's Boysenberry Festival

August 16th, 2017 - HangTime announced

November 13th, 2018 - Bigfoot Rapids to be rethemed to Calico River Rapids with a technology upgrade

November 8th, 2019 - Knott's 100th Anniversary & Bear-y Tales announced!

August 23rd. 2020 - Report from a Taste of Knott's event!

August 12th, 2021 - Knott's Scary Farm 2021 mazes and shows revealed!

January 7th, 2022 - Montezooma's Revenge major renovations announced!

February 17th, 2024 - Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Original Post:

Well Knott's got rid of K.O.D. and I haven't heard nothing recently... so what's next?

Any ideas or possibilities???

I really fear that Monte's days are numbered. As well as Boomerange...but meh...Boomerange is a frickin Vekoma so who cares

I would like to see an impulse coaster were Boomerange is now! I think that would be a good addition to the park and it would look great in that location also. But it might fit better where Monte is right now

There was a rumor that there was going to be a flying coaster coming soon where Big Foot Rapids is now. But I feel as if that rumor is pretty BS myself.

KOD was dead to me when they connected the cars and had a cop in the back seat.

Yeah...I could really see them taking out Monte to put in an impulse or something like all the other Cedar Fair parks have...You just have to hope they won't!!

As for a hyper, they have plenty of room! Look at places like Blackpool or Morey's Pier! Look at the way they put Silver Bullet it...plenty of room for a hyper...I really hope it's not a Morgan though!

Elissa "would almost forgive the park if they put in an Intamin Hyper...nah, still wouldn't!" Alvey

I agree that Knotts has room for an Impulse without taking out any rides. It would go between Ghostrider and Bigfoot Rapids. However Knotts would have to take out a ride if they wanted ANY Hyper at the park. Just Please just DON"T TAKE OUT MONTY!!! Boomerang is fine with me though.

I have a question. Why are we talking about what is next for KBF, when they just opened a new coaster three months ago.

Well, if anything does happen, they should never take out Monte or Boomerang becasue both of them are one of my favorite coasters. If CF decides to put anyhting in, put in a hypercoaster. Just don't do anything to Monte or Boomerang!

Monte and Boomerang won't go anywhere, the public still enjoys them. Plus, they just got new paint jobs, so i seriously doubt they will be removed soon. Unless, the clutch on Monte breaks.

The ride that should be removed is PP. The ride has way to much problems. After the drop, it takes a very long time for it to return to the station. The ride smells, and my friend says that there was mold growing in the car by his seat. It is a great ride, don't get me wrong, but KBF needs to think about the horrible dispatch times because of the stupid restriants, and the major downtime that are both associated with the ride.

• 1 year later...

Well, I just read through a newsletter from Mack that talks about the various attractions they're installing in 2007. 2 interactive dark rides, a Wild Mouse for a small, awesome french park and something for Knott's...

They sold a spinning coaster like Euromir! Only difference is that instead of using motors to spin the cars, they will be free spinning and will use a train, cause Knott's wanted a high capacity ride.

Well, that's a great news for Knott's... Let's just hope the height restriction is not 48 inches like that other family ride!

Here is the quote from the Mack Newsletter

Not only Paris Hilton convinced herself by the quality of MACK Rides during her visit of Munich’s Oktoberfest. The well-known coaster country USA will surprise through a new innovation next year. MACK Rides builds the first modern free spinning coaster with trains instead of single cars at Knott’s Berry Farm to guarantee the requested, high capacity. A patent will give the truly new twist.

Thats pretty cool, a much better idea than the Gerstlauer spinners. I'm anxious to see the layout for it, but if its a Mack it'll already be unique with this "free spinning". Watch, this will probably end up being the best coaster at Knotts (next to Montezooma, the way it used to run).

I am surprised that they are adding another coaster to the park after they just added Silver Bullet. And Kingdom of the Dinosaurs is still sitting there. They need to redo that ride instead of just letting it rot away. They do not have that many dark rides to begin with, you think that they would invest into that first. Either way, I am glad that stupid paddle boat ride is gone.