The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1314 - HangTime Dive Coaster Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: Infrared Sight and 2 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Jizzy jizz jizz jizz jizz

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby PKI Jizzman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:56 pm

WestCoasterKing wrote:I've heard rumors that Xcelerator may get an LSM launch.

Why would you ever want to associate yourself with that rumor.

WestCoasterKing wrote:Personally I hope they don't. I love the hydraulic launch. Xcelerator and Monty are my favorite launches. I've done Yolo coaster and other LSMs and they just don't have the punch to the gut.

Okay cool so wh....

WestCoasterKing wrote:Then again this came from Facebook fanboys

:| :| :|
Cincy -> Chicago

Holy crap you have a HUGE donkey!

Postby ZeroG001 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:20 pm

WOFanatic wrote:I really hate doing this, but I feel like I have to ask for advice here: I’m going to Scary Farm for the first time this year, and want to do pretty much everything in one night (excluding rides and Halloween Hootenany). The current plan is to go Thursday, October 19th. Would you recommend Fright+Fast Lane for a Thursday night? We will be at Knott’s during the daytime on Wednesday and Thursday, so we can knock out the rides then. We are already purchasing the Boo-fet, so we would just upgrade to the all-inclusive ticket if needed. Thanks!

I've been going to Scary Farm for seven consecutive years and have never needed the Fright/Fast Lane. If you are at the rope when it drops, you should be able to do every single maze and maybe do some twice. You might even have time for a show or two if you're interested! The fact that you're going on a Thursday helps a lot, but it is mid-October so it might still be a bit crowded. Not to the point where you'll need the Fast Lane to do every maze, though.
Coaster count:
101 (87 steel, 14 wood)

Top 5:
I305 | El Toro | Maverick | Twisted Colossus | Alpengeist

"It's not small, but it is very 'average.'"

Postby Jew » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:24 pm

WOFanatic wrote:I really hate doing this, but I feel like I have to ask for advice here: I’m going to Scary Farm for the first time this year, and want to do pretty much everything in one night (excluding rides and Halloween Hootenany). The current plan is to go Thursday, October 19th. Would you recommend Fright+Fast Lane for a Thursday night? We will be at Knott’s during the daytime on Wednesday and Thursday, so we can knock out the rides then. We are already purchasing the Boo-fet, so we would just upgrade to the all-inclusive ticket if needed. Thanks!

I would say buy it if it won't break your budget. Some of the newer mazes have limited capacity, so it's worth it if for nothing else to go through Paranormal Inc & Infected more than once. You could theoretically do it all without the Fright Lane, but you would be cutting it close and not likely to have time to repeat anything you enjoyed.

A zonkey is a cross between a zebra and a donkey.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:37 pm

PKI Jizzman wrote:
WestCoasterKing wrote:Then again this came from Facebook fanboys

:| :| :|

One of them correctly predicted a vertical lift dive coaster. They never made a guess on the maker however, just that it would not be a B&M. So I thought it was worth throwing out there as crazy as it might be.

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:22 pm

Jew wrote:

I would say buy it if it won't break your budget. Some of the newer mazes have limited capacity, so it's worth it if for nothing else to go through Paranormal Inc & Infected more than once. You could theoretically do it all without the Fright Lane, but you would be cutting it close and not likely to have time to repeat anything you enjoyed.

Plus, this year the frightlane works for both mazes and rides. No need to buy two types of "front of the line" passes.
Tigga, please!

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby WOFanatic » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:07 pm

laqueefa wrote:
Jew wrote:

Plus, this year the frightlane works for both mazes and rides. No need to buy two types of "front of the line" passes.

Yeah, that’s what I was talking about. I think we will just go for the all-inclusive package to stay safe. Thanks guys!
Favorites: 1. Maverick 2. Outlaw Run 3. Rougarou 4. Raptor 5. Top Thrill Dragster 6. Shockwave (SFOT) 7. Prowler 8. American Thunder 9. Batman 10. Mamba 11. Gatekeeper 12. Gemini 13. Valravn 14. Millennium Force 15. Powder Keg

Does Jeff Johnson count this donkey as a credit?

Postby joshfreund » Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:57 pm

Except all the major rides are closed

Jar-Jar Binks smells like Donkey

Postby laqueefa » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:42 pm

joshfreund wrote:Except all the major rides are closed

So, Xcelerator and Montezuma are "all the major rides" at this park? GTFO
Tigga, please!

2 + 2 = donkey!

Postby anonymouscactus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like they changed the scheduled maintenance dates for Ghostrider to later in the year as to not have yet another attraction closed during these unplanned outages. I could have sworn it was supposed to go down this month but now that is no longer the case.

BAYSIDE STATION!!!

Postby Nrthwnd » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:45 pm

^ I thought that might be part of the reason WCB wasn't happening this year - Ghostrider's
(at the time) maintenance schedule, which would have been now. So now WCB's on, I believe, for 2018.

:airtime: :airtimer:
Talk is Cheap :idea: Action is Pricele$$

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!