The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1314 - HangTime Dive Coaster Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 4 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
Why do I still have a donkey title???

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:13 am

DILinator wrote:O...K.... :roll:

Just ignore the actual substantive content of my post and make jokes... That IS the TPR way, after all! ;)

So here's the thing...

You generally know what you're talking about. Normally if I saw a post like that I'd immediately write it off as speculative bullsh*t but given the fact that it's coming from you I think it could be plausible. Still though, even you yourself state that it's "second-hand information, from second-hand information" so there's not really much to talk about here. Even if what you're saying is accurate, it's going to start a whirlwind of bullsh*t (which isn't your fault) and we're joking about the sh*tstorm that's sure to follow. I wouldn't be at all surprised if what you just posted ends up on Pointbuzz, Screamscape and a million other websites by tomorrow (all from people who claim to have their own inside scoop which will give the illusion that there are tons of sources rather than just one).

Once people hear it enough and repeat it enough enthusiasts will decide it must be 100% true and they'll then proceed to come up with tons of other bullsh*t to go along with it that'll also be repeated so much that it's eventually accepted as fact even if they're just making sh*t up. Sure, you warned that it's "second-hand information, from second-hand information" but that will get lost over time. We're not really commenting on you, we're commenting on the sh*tstorm that's sure to follow. :lol:

As for what you said, it's hard for me to comment on. I have no idea if it's true and the only people I know who work at Cedar Point are good employees that wouldn't leak that kind of stuff anyway so I couldn't confirm it even if I wanted to. It might be true... and since it's coming from you I'm not writing it off completely, but in the end we have no idea and I really don't want to comment on something I know nothing about and then look like a dumbass if the ride is open on Friday night. That's my perspective on it. I know nothing about it and therefore have nothing to add. Our posts are directed at the way people are going to react to your post, not your post itself. :lol:

I prefer to mate with donkeys over humans!

Postby DILinator » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:22 am

^Yes... Upon further reflection, and looking at it from the BIG PICTURE you mentioned there, I am thinking that I should have probably not even posted what I did in the first place... :omg: I wasn't intending to stir up a big internet-wide enthusiast controversy, just address the topic on hand, but you're right... Given the nature of the beast, it likely will get out of hand, all things considered... lol
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby coasterbill » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 am

^ Nah, it'll be great. Just grab a beer and some popcorn and watch the fun. :lol:

Postby DILinator » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:26 am

coasterbill wrote:^ Nah, it'll be great. Just grab a beer and some popcorn and watch the fun. :lol:

:lmao:

Thanks for reminding me... I have a beer in the fridge I've been meaning to drink! :lol:
Top 10 Coasters! 1.Fury 2.Millennium Force 3.Maverick 4.The Voyage 5. Lightning Rod 6.Storm Chaser 7.El Toro 8.Phantom's Revenge 9. Goliath (SFGAm) 10. Ravine Flyer II Honorable Mentions: Shivering Timbers, Kraken Underrated Coasters: Steel - Manta, Wood - White Lightning

Founder of the Cult of Skank Mountain

Postby boldikus » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:27 am

coasterbill wrote:You generally know what you're talking about. Normally if I saw a post like that I'd immediately write it off as speculative bullsh*t but given the fact that it's coming from you I think it could be plausible. Still though, even you yourself state that it's "second-hand information, from second-hand information" so there's not really much to talk about here. Even if what you're saying is accurate, it's going to start a whirlwind of bullsh*t (which isn't your fault) and we're joking about the sh*tstorm that's sure to follow.

Our posts are directed at the way people are going to react to your post, not your post itself. :lol:

:nina:
Maverick - El Toro - Skyrush - Superman The Ride - I305
TRs: KW/CP / SFOG / KD/BGW / HP / SFA / SFNE/LC

Postby DILinator » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:34 am

coasterbill wrote:Our posts are directed at the way people are going to react to your post, not your post itself. :lol:

Yeah, and upon reflection, I realize that now, looking back at it! I can even laugh at it myself! :lol: I was actually just dealing with some sh*t back here when I first saw those posts too, and let it bleed into my initial response a little as well, so apologies for that... I need to leave my personal life at the door when I come to TPR, just like they say about work! ;)

The only thing better than a naked woman is a naked donkey!

Postby CP Maverick » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:55 pm

So that's why Intamin met with CP over the summer! :mickey:
Original Maverick '99

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:09 pm

Considering I rarely think before I speak, I'm always prepared.
starting shit.jpg

A donkey is a domesticated member of the Equidae or horse family.

Postby WestCoasterKing » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:05 pm

So this was just on my mind today. We all know that Knott's is a small park strapped for space. Unlike many parks they don't have "unlimited" room to expand. Occasionally they have to remove something in order to make way for something new and fresh. So my question is this, which attraction do you honestly think is the next to get the axe at some point down the line? I know it won't be anytime soon as they have a lot on their plate right now. But eventually they will do something. What do you think that will be? Or should be?

For my pick I don't think it will be a ride at all. I believe the next attraction to go will be 'Mystery Lodge'. Granted it's not taking up a large space, only about 21,000 square feet (not counting the rocks, waterfall and lake area), but Knott's has been pretty creative in the past with utilizing small spaces for major new attractions. 'Seirra Sidewinder' is about 20,000 square feet and 'Coast Rider' is 14,000 square feet. Personally though I'd like to see them keep the building and use it for a dark ride. 'Iron Reef' is just about the exact same size. Just please don't do another 3-D interactive piece of crap. But even a small coaster would be great in that spot.

I also think 'Iron Reef' should get a revamp to remove the 3-D aspect. That is the number one complaint I most hear about the ride. It just gives most people a headache. Also remove some of the screens and instead add in a few animatronics. Make it more like 'Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters' at Disneyland. But that's just me.

What about you?

Can I park my donkey here?

Postby firebird81 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:40 pm

Scary Farm was awesome this year!

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!