The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 1314 - HangTime Dive Coaster Announced for 2018!
Users viewing this topic: No registered users and 7 guests
Discuss theme parks, roller coasters, and mules!
When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Re: The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

Postby DBJ » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:56 am

That is great news, the removal of Boomerang. They have a nice sized plot of land to use extending past through Hammerhead's grave and can rework that entire side of the boardwalk area. Lot of great possibilities for 2018 and beyond.

Donkeys are my way of life!

Postby Rill'o'beily » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:04 am

I never actually realized that there would be a time when boomerangs would start to get removed just like the old schwartzkopf clones.

When I grow up, I want to breed donkeys!

Location: Ypsilanti, MI (four hours closer to CP than my old home)

Postby cparkes92 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:15 am

Manic Monte wrote:Was Pony Express the last coaster this park added?

Coast Rider came after Pony Express, but that was still four years ago
Top 10 steel: Millennium Force, Maverick, Incredible Hulk, Banshee, Diamondback, Raptor, Top Thrill Dragster, Valravn, GateKeeper, Kraken
Top 10 wood: Mystic Timbers, Shivering Timbers, Beast, Racer (KI), Viper, American Eagle, Woodstock Express, Mean Streak (RIP), Wolverine Wildcat, Blue Streak (CP)

Fluffy, Fluffy, Donkeys Filled With Medicine and Goo!

Postby RCjunkie » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:51 am

Password121 wrote:Valleyfair 2018, here ya go

Why all the hate? What did VF do to you? ;)

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:04 am

Rill'o'beily wrote:I never actually realized that there would be a time when boomerangs would start to get removed just like the old schwartzkopf clones.

Me too. I'm ecstatic that Knott's decided to take out their POS Boomerang and repaint and refurbish their Schwarzkopf shuttle loop (which is a MUCH bigger pain to take care of, I imagine). Just goes to show that they really care about their unique classics.

Speaking of classics, is there any chance Sky Cabin's days are numbered as well? I know the "K" on top is considered an icon or whatever, but if that thing got removed too, we're talking about a decent plot of land to work with.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

Obsessive Overlord of the TPR Park Index

Postby larrygator » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:13 am

sfkk wrote: I thought I remembered hearing reports that the current execs do not like rotating rides.

There is a big difference between relocating rides and rotating rides. Rotating a ride means there was an intent from the beginning to move the ride at a later date.
Last edited by larrygator on Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:16 am.
As usual, my analysis is free of charge!
Original enough to not steal someone else's quote as a signature

I know more about donkeys than women!

Postby Arthur_Seaton » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:51 am

Wonderful news that Boomerang is leaving. I rode it a few times last year and didn't find it to be as unpleasant as other boomerangs I've ridden (which isn't saying much), but it's nice to see that Knotts recognizes that it's past its expiration. It does seem like that whole area has quite a bit of space, so I could certainly see something of decent size / scope replacing it. Maybe it's just because so many other areas of the park feel cramped, but that entire north west quadrant of the park feel awkwardly open and a bit barren.

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby SoCalJasonland » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:01 am

thrillseeker4552 wrote:
Rill'o'beily wrote:I never actually realized that there would be a time when boomerangs would start to get removed just like the old schwartzkopf clones.

Me too. I'm ecstatic that Knott's decided to take out their POS Boomerang and repaint and refurbish their Schwarzkopf shuttle loop (which is a MUCH bigger pain to take care of, I imagine). Just goes to show that they really care about their unique classics.

Speaking of classics, is there any chance Sky Cabin's days are numbered as well? I know the "K" on top is considered an icon or whatever, but if that thing got removed too, we're talking about a decent plot of land to work with.

I keep seeing them work on Sky Cabin each week when I visit so it seems like they are trying to re-open it. If it were to be closed at the end of April for a new ride construction; I would think they would give up working on fixing the cabin so I am guessing the cabin isn't part of what is replacing Boomerang.

Personally, I would like to see them add a Polar Coaster with combination drop ride, observation tower, restaurant and relocate "K" to top the top of that tower; but, I think the unofficial former rumor was a B&M Dive Coaster or Hyper Coaster for replacing Boomerang.

It is nice that they got rid of Boomerang instead of Monte, and even if Boomerang doesn't find a home at another Cedar Fair Park; it could end up on a boat from Long Beach to somewhere in Asia. It might even look nice at Castle Park so I have more scenery while I pass by on the 91 freeway commute :-)

What would donkeys be like on the moon?

Postby AstrumSpark » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:06 am

I highly doubt a hyper or giga is coming anytime soon for this park.

Cedar Fair has their hands tied with two RMCs next year, a major hyper for CGA (which being in the same state hardens the blow for the hopes for KBF), Ziz for CW, and money being poured into Carowinds and CGA.

I can see maybe a new thrill ride complex in Boomerang's spot and its surroundings, but Knott's will likely have to wait awhile for that big new coaster. Which is a shame, because I really think you all deserve one.
1.Fury 325 2.Intimidator 305 3.Apollo's Chariot 4.El Toro 5.Millennium Force 6.Diamondback 7.Skyrush 8.Maverick 9.Phantom's Revenge 10.Volcano

Why do I still have a donkey title???

Postby thrillseeker4552 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:20 am

^I think it's fair to assume that CGA will be getting a water park expansion/rebrand in 2018 since they get Patriot this year. I don't see the Hyper going there until 2019 or even 2020. There have been zero signs of "Ziz" at CW except for random rumors.

Not saying either one isn't possible next year, but Knott's is showing signs of something of decent size next year (whether it's a B&M or not) and CGA and CW are not as far as I know. Whether Knott's is adding a coaster, more flats, water ride, or whatever, they have something big coming in 2018, otherwise I don't see why they would close down Boomerang before the summer season (and it's actually a fairly popular ride).

Plus, Northern California and Southern California are basically two different states. I don't think a B&M Hyper up north will "harden the blow" for anything coming to SoCal and vice versa.
Credits: 172
[Top 5] - (1) Skyrush - (2) Fury 325 - (3) Intimidator 305 - (4) El Toro - (5) Kingda Ka (front row)

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys!