TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

It just speaks for his maturity level when he went on Reddit and made that post - unreal.

It's cute that you think there is a way to quantify "maturity" on Reddit!

Seriously, though. Thank you for the support. These people always seem to end up weeding themselves out and it's just one less potential headache we may have to deal with at an event like West Coast Bash. Oddly enough this guy also emailed me about wanting to represent TPR at a media construction tour event at Magic Mountain! Could you imagine if I had actually said "yes" to that??!?! So glad my gut feeling was correct not to choose him.

Let's see . . . free admission, chance to be on TV, ride with no wait, and a meal.

Complaining about this brings to mind something an old friend of mine used to say whenever someone asked for more even though that person already had plenty: "What do you want? Egg in your beer?"

beer-egg.jpg

Edited by cfc

Wow... I have no words for this...

https://old.reddit.com/r/rollercoasterjerk/comments/8knhwm/dae_blobb_strikes_again/

186375989_peoplearecompleteandtotaldouchebags.thumb.png.525e3781bdd5bfd865adc93d3c729260.png

The guy is seriously STILL COMPLAINING about the shoot! WHAT. THE. F%$K!?!?!?!

How is it that people are too stupid to understand that it is YOUR CHOICE to sign up for an event like a film shoot and if you didn't bother to check your email before going to see if there was an update, again, that is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY!!!

Once again, 50 people were invited. 47 of them got the memo that the event was cancelled. Clearly if the vast majority figured it out, the issue here lies on those three, not the park, not anyone else.

Oh, and I'm also not going to tolerate someone posting that "I'm not the biggest fan of TPR..." because while I appreciate your backhanded support in that Reddit thread, if this is the kind of respect you are going to show towards us, we don't need you posting here either, and then potentially signing up for a media event we offer in your area only to have you cause problems. I'm more than happy to ban you as well. I'm sure you'll probably just complain about this on Reddit, also...

--Robb "As I've said...these people always find a way to weed themselves out!" Alvey

ps. the downvoting is pretty damn funny, I gotta admit!

Edited by robbalvey

Again, this guy is clueless, let’s go back to a few amazing events that I’ve had the privilege to attend, Gatekeeper Media day, Tatsu Media Day, X2 Media Day, just to name a few, yes you’re going to wait, we are guests and we go on their schedule. We are there to help spread the news about new hotness and THE FUN! The whole point of it is to have fun, it’s a privilege to be there and to be a part of any of these events. If you’re going to complain, just go to the park and be a normal guest. And I’m sorry, we are all attached to our smart devices, read your damn email, you have NO RIGHT to complain at all. Everyone did their due diligence and went above and beyond to accommodate. Be appreciative and humble!

What is wrong with people. I've done a few media events and was always so grateful at the opportunity to go because of TPR. It is really cool to see the behind the scenes of these kind of events, and who can complain about free rides! It's unbelievable that people were complaining about it. It's sad that our world has become so self-entitled and no one takes responsibility for their own actions. How can anyone blame the park when they failed to check their email! The first thing I do the morning of events like this are to check my email to triple check!

This guy is like the Energizer Bunny of stupidity. He just keeps going, and going, and going... And everything he says just makes him look even dumber than the last.

https://old.reddit.com/r/rollercoasterjerk/comments/8knhwm/dae_blobb_strikes_again/

170919661_ScreenShot2018-05-19at6_51_46PM.png.c25463c39328a77b62e45f2dfc391fab.png

391037934_ScreenShot2018-05-19at6_52_51PM.png.f2069eb30832c94ad5ba6716d819abdf.png

You have no idea how excited I am to be rid of people like this from TPR.

giphy.gif

Edited by robbalvey

It just speaks for his maturity level when he went on Reddit and made that post - unreal.

It's cute that you think there is a way to quantify "maturity" on Reddit!

Seriously, though. Thank you for the support. These people always seem to end up weeding themselves out and it's just one less potential headache we may have to deal with at an event like West Coast Bash. Oddly enough this guy also emailed me about wanting to represent TPR at a media construction tour event at Magic Mountain! Could you imagine if I had actually said "yes" to that??!?! So glad my gut feeling was correct not to choose him.

While I have heard of Reddit, I honestly have no idea what it is and have never visited. Sounds like a really good place to continue to know absolutely nothing about!

I'm so glad I'm old and don't even have a clue how to look something up or sign up for an account on reddit.

as Robb said, folks tend to weed themselves out, so I've gotten pretty good about just waiting the annoying person out, and then (since not on reddit) never having to see them again.

So yeah, add me to the group of "I don't understand the complaining" as it's a gift that the opportunity was available in the first place. pretty much ANYTHING that took place at the event? the opportunity was still a gift.. so the only correct response would be "thank you"

While I have heard of Reddit, I honestly have no idea what it is and have never visited. Sounds like a really good place to continue to know absolutely nothing about!

(that's a Toast to a fellow old-timer, Phil)

Respectfully, if you get called out about sh--posting on a subreddit where sh--posting about roller coasters is exactly what you're supposed to do, you're doing it wrong.

Respectfully, if you get called out about sh--posting on a subreddit where sh--posting about roller coasters is exactly what you're supposed to do, you're doing it wrong.

So basically what you're saying is the guy is a failure on ALL forums he's subscribed to?

Hey guys didn't take a camera on board with me. I have a samsung gear 2 watch that takes pictures and films. That was I use to capture the photo of Hang Time and Wipeout area. I would never take phone or camera on a ride. It pisses me off when people do. As a former ride ops, I know how idiotic the public can be!

Hey guys didn't take a camera on board with me. I have a samsung gear 2 watch that takes pictures and films. That was I use to capture the photo of Hang Time and Wipeout area. I would never take phone or camera on a ride. It pisses me off when people do. As a former ride ops, I know how idiotic the public can be!

First of all. If you are a former ride operator

YOU SHOULD KNOW BETTER THAN TO POST AN ONRIDE PHOTO WHEN YOU KNOW THEY ARE NOT ALLOWED!!!!

I don't care if you shot that photo with your phone, your watch or a potato.

"Hey guys, I'm really sorry about that onride photo that I took. It will never happen again." is all you would have had to say and everything would have been forgiven! But no, you had to go the "I'm an entitled Californian and I'm allowed to do whatever I want to" route and that just doesn't fly with us.

You know DAMN WELL cameras are not allowed on rides at Knott's Berry Farm. And that fact that you did it during a special invite event and then actually posted it to our forum, and then are coming on here to try to defend your actions as though somehow you are in the right with zero apology.

What choice do I have?

BANNED.

--Robb "I have zero patience for this brand of behavior." Alvey

What the now banned people are forgetting is:

1. This wasn’t for them.

2. People who think their item is secure and above rules are exactly why rules are there! No one is above a rule just because they think their band is secure.

Knotts deffinately has a winner on their hands. I was having to much fun I didn’t leave the park tell 7pm! The best part of hang time was the totally different experiences with each seats. The drop was intimidating in the front (I highly recommend riding front first if seats aren’t assigned). The middle seemed to give u more hang time on the loops and theback of course made you go faster and was scarier going up that straight lift. The lighting package is amazing . I wish more parks would invest in making the coasters look that great at night. Also I stayed at the knotts hotel since we got hooked up with tickets and the room was cute. My nephew loved the visit from snoopy.

Knotts deffinately has a winner on their hands. I was having to much fun I didn’t leave the park tell 7pm! The best part of hang time was the totally different experiences with each seats. The drop was intimidating in the front (I highly recommend riding front first if seats aren’t assigned). The middle seemed to give u more hang time on the loops and theback of course made you go faster and was scarier going up that straight lift. The lighting package is amazing . I wish more parks would invest in making the coasters look that great at night. Also I stayed at the knotts hotel since we got hooked up with tickets and the room was cute. My nephew loved the visit from snoopy.

Sounds like fun!

I like that the four major thrill coasters at Knott's are all very different and unique in their own way. There is no "clear best coaster" since there are goods and bads about all of them. I can't wait to ride in July!

Knotts definitely has a winner on their hands. I was having to much fun I didn’t leave the park to tell 7 pm! The best part of hang time was the totally different experiences with each seat. The drop was intimidating in the front (I highly recommend riding front first if seats aren’t assigned). The middle seemed to give u more hang time on the loops and the back, of course, made you go faster and was scarier going up that straight lift. The lighting package is amazing. I wish more parks would invest in making the coasters look that great at night. Also, I stayed at the Knotts hotel since we got hooked up with tickets and the room was cute. My nephew loved the visit from snoopy.

Sounds like fun!

I like that the four major thrill coasters at Knott's are all very different and unique in their own way. There is no "clear best coaster" since there are goods and bads about all of them. I can't wait to ride in July!

My nephew and I were discussing this. I think we decided hangtime was special because it was the only dive coaster. We loved the feeling on that vertical (I think 90 degree) lift hill.

Good lord, what did I just read?

I don’t want to pile on, but what the hell is wrong with people?

Nobody’s focusing on this, but to me this was the most ridiculous part of that post:

saying that it was okay is my opinion, which i am entilted to. parks give y’all perks all the time, yet i don’t see a gleaming review of every park you’ve been to.

First of all, this guy has no idea what “perks” TPR does or doesn’t get, second of all I don’t ever remember TPR being invited to a special, invitation-only event and bitching about it. That’s not even the point though...

This is pretty basic stuff: TPR can choose to post whatever they want because it’s their business and they’re responsible for those posts. That’s much different than some a**hole coming onto a website that they don’t own and believing that they’re entitled to post whatever they want even if it reflects poorly on TPR because they know that they won’t see any meaningful consequences from it and they only care about themselves.

Go start a coaster website, spend years growing it and then be an a**hole on your own website and bite the hand that feeds you and see how it works out. It’s not your place to do that on someone else’s website and leave them to deal with the consequences of your assholeishness (is that a word? It should be).

And that’s just the business side of things. I haven’t even bothered to focus on the “If someone does something nice for you then don’t be a dick about it because you end up looking like a horrible human” side of it because I think that’s been pretty well covered.

This is pretty basic stuff: TPR can choose to post whatever they want because it’s their business and they’re responsible for those posts. That’s much different than some a**hole coming onto a website that they don’t own and believing that they’re entitled to post whatever they want even if it reflects poorly on TPR because they know that they won’t see any meaningful consequences from it and they only care about themselves.

It's not even like anyone gets censored here, most of the time I say positive things but sometimes I say negative things in a TR. I feel like people get to be honest and have honest conversations without heavy moderation. Look at some of the threads like SFMM. I've seen some of your comments on parks as well here and there which while full of advice can have negative mentions of places and what not to do (except Knobels obviously.) . It's just basic common sense that if you're representing a business/known name then you behave differently than you would from a regular day. I've been to one or two really terrible events for some jobs and you always stay polite, thank them and say you enjoyed yourself and at most you would then laugh at it privately with co-workers/friends away from the public eye/ businessesreputation.

Holy lord these last few pages. What a nice weekend to be away from TPR.

As always, Bill is right on the money with that entire post ^^.

I honestly am thankful Robb hasn't just shut down this whole f*cking operation down with the amount of bulls*it you guys have to deal with (note: please don't, some of us love and appreciate everything you guys do).

I just have to say - if you're getting to ride a brand new ride before most people do, and during a special occasion at that, and complain about anything you're just a douchebag, no bones about it. Nothing in life is guaranteed. Also, where has peoples sense of personal responsibility gone? The amount of entitlement anymore (not even just here) is mindboggling to me. People really need to step back and think about what they say/do and how much of an ass they sound like... and frankly are.

I'm gonna go eat a big meaty breakfast with some morning bloodys and then go ride rides and enjoy a beautiful day. Hope everyone else does to.

I honestly am thankful Robb hasn't just shut down this whole f*cking operation down with the amount of bulls*it you guys have to deal with (note: please don't, some of us love and appreciate everything you guys do).

Not gonna lie - You guys are the reason it's still here!

But seriously - when people ask us why we don't do as many events as we used to or why the public tours stopped, it's not because we don't WANT to do those events and trips. We *LOVE* doing them...

Until some people show up...

And make us wish we hadn't done them...

And that's just me being up front and honest...

People who are like Mr. Corn and VCXFreak is the reason why there aren't more TPR events and why we stopped doing more of the fun interactive park things that we used to. And trust me, it bums me out knowing that I'd love to do more things like that, but how do you stop people like them from showing up and creating whatever the next round of pointless drama is that I have to deal with? So the solution is just not to do those things anymore. Or at least do them with a private select group of people who you know aren't total douchebags. And we haven't always been right on the money in that scenario either...

Edited by robbalvey