TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Is Kingda Ka down too? I know this is the Knott's thread but all of these things seems connected by Intamin so it's just a weird coincidence.

Well, it's the offseason, so yes, Kingda Ka is technically down...

As far as I know, it's been operating fine (that is, usual occasional breakdowns but nothing to the extent of Xcelerator).

I got official word from Knott's at the Peanuts Celebration media event that Xcelerator is just waiting on an expensive part that takes awhile to get. They said they're hoping for a Spring re-opening of Xcelerator, but it all depends on how things go. Presumably they're trying as hard as they can to get the boardwalk all up-and-running before Hangtime's debut.

I got official word from Knott's at the Peanuts Celebration media event that Xcelerator is just waiting on an expensive part that takes awhile to get. They said they're hoping for a Spring re-opening of Xcelerator, but it all depends on how things go. Presumably they're trying as hard as they can to get the boardwalk all up-and-running before Hangtime's debut.

It's an Intamin prototype, these things happen. Glad to hear Knott's is optimistic about getting it open in Spring to have the park at greenlights across the board for the debut of their new ride.

I'm bummed my first visit to Knott's on Friday will be Xcelerator-less, but I have no issue with making another trip out there to experience two new stellar rides!

Is there a reason Knott's can get their Sky Cabin up and going but for some reason Magic Mountain has an issue with their Sky Tower up and running?

From what I've heard it's a California thing but Knott's seems to get it together with them, and considering the Sky Cabin is a much bigger, more intricate kind of system I feel like Six Flags could get a simple Intamin elevator type attraction going. Especially considering Intamin is still around and should be able to manufacture anything Magic Mountain needs.

Is this really more of a Six Flags not wanting to spend the money type of thing, or is it a whole different kind of issue? So odd to me.

And also, Xcelerator being down for so long is such a bummer, I hope they figure that thing out. Is Kingda Ka down too? I know this is the Knott's thread but all of these things seems connected by Intamin so it's just a weird coincidence.

Aside from the fact the Sky Cabin is an actual ride system and not just an elevator to an observation area...Magic Mountain doesn't want to pay to keep Sky Tower running.

It's an Intamin prototype, these things happen. Glad to hear Knott's is optimistic about getting it open in Spring to have the park at greenlights across the board for the debut of their new ride.

I'm bummed my first visit to Knott's on Friday will be Xcelerator-less, but I have no issue with making another trip out there to experience two new stellar rides!

West Coast Bash would be a great reason to return to Knott's to ride Xcelerator, and the new hotness!

West Coast Bash would be a great reason to return to Knott's to ride Xcelerator, and the new hotness!

You already know!

You already know!

^ That's the tiniest (thinnest?) entrance queue into anything, I've seen in a long long time, lol!

Who knows? Maybe after Hangtime opens, the crowds will be rushing to it, for those

awesome overhead shots of.... everything!

Great shots! Thanks for showing them.

When the only launched coaster that's open is Pony Express.

Oh well. Silver Bullet is...awesome?! Ghostrider = West Coast Legend??

The amount of conversations I've overheard about riding Xcelerator have been depressing. Seems like everyone but me doesn't know it's been closed since last year.

20180216_131745.thumb.jpg.e3a86c308224494c384eebd560920495.jpg

My understanding is that the broken part is the catch-car / launch sled, it costs $800,000 to replace, the replacement should be here by the end of February, and hopefully; Xcelerator will re-open sometime in March after the part is installed and testing is completed.

Silver Bullet is...awesome?! Ghostrider = West Coast Legend??

Bummer that Montezooma is down! Still, Silver Bullet is great — my favorite inverted (a type I don't usually like that much), and agree that Ghost Rider is legendary. It really is one of the best wooden coasters around. Hope the rest of the day goes well! Don't forget to ride La Revolucion — one of the best rides in the park!

I should have phrased that better - Ghostrider is the west coast Legend (Holiday World). The ride was more about laterals than airtime and I thought it was going to be the other way around. I only got 1 ride in the back seat since it was 60-90 minutes long all day I would have liked to try the front but it wasn't happening.

Really fun ride and a great layout that makes use of the tight space.

I should have phrased that better - Ghostrider is the west coast Legend (Holiday World).

Ah, I see what you mean! Yes, there are a lot of laterals on it — mainly in that second half. Legend was quite a bit more brutal when I rode it, but Ghost Rider is at its smoothest right now. They both share extended lateral helixes (Helixi?)

I should have phrased that better - Ghostrider is the west coast Legend (Holiday World).

Ah, I see what you mean! Yes, there are a lot of laterals on it — mainly in that second half. Legend was quite a bit more brutal when I rode it, but Ghost Rider is at its smoothest right now. They both share extended lateral helixes (Helixi?)

Oh yeah it was very smooth. They did a great job!

Oh yeah it was very smooth. They did a great job!

Come to West Coast Bash in early Sept. and enjoy as many re-rides on GR as you can stand, lol!

IMG_1983.JPG.1d63fde59101698299ebe566625ecfe5.JPG

And GR was my #700 at WCB, back in 2016. (o:

^^Yup. Greezed Lightening, aka Whirwind. Used to be on the spot where the scrambler and gliders on the Boardwalk are now, next door to the old Dolphin/Skate Show Theater.

Didn't know it still existed (barely). Where is that?

Edited by edgeboy