TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

Any news on the Intamin problem child next-door?

I saw a response the park made to someone on Instagram that said, "No date [for re-open] has been announced yet."

They've been spamming that response to every question on Facebook, Twitter, etc. The only thing they're confirming is that it's not being torn down since a lot of the GP are asking "So it's being closed forever?!" when they get the response of "No date to re-open yet."

Any suggestions for good eats/drinks in walking distance from the park? I've looked at Yelp and seen a couple decent places for curry, tacos, and sushi - any favorites from locals? I'm willing to uber/train/bus a little bit but honestly I'll have been up since 3-4am so little effort goes a long way when I'm walking out of the park at 8pm. I'm staying at the KBF hotel.

Thanks!

I saw a response the park made to someone on Instagram that said, "No date [for re-open] has been announced yet."

They've been spamming that response to every question on Facebook, Twitter, etc. The only thing they're confirming is that it's not being torn down since a lot of the GP are asking "So it's being closed forever?!" when they get the response of "No date to re-open yet."

Any suggestions for good eats/drinks in walking distance from the park? I've looked at Yelp and seen a couple decent places for curry, tacos, and sushi - any favorites from locals? I'm willing to uber/train/bus a little bit but honestly I'll have been up since 3-4am so little effort goes a long way when I'm walking out of the park at 8pm. I'm staying at the KBF hotel.

Thanks!

I'd just eat every meal at Mrs. Knott's. . yeah thought it was that good.

but I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions.

Thanks!

I'd just eat every meal at Mrs. Knott's. . yeah thought it was that good.

but I'm sure you'll get some good suggestions.

Something about eating fried chicken solo in a family style restaurant just doesn't really thrill me I'm also not huge on bone in fried chicken, gravy, $25+ for a meal, etc etc etc. Glad you enjoyed it though!

^ they have it to go (when we were there lines for to go were huge).

I'd assume the Hotel has some sort of deal where they can arrange a pickup so you don't have to wait in line? (no idea if they do, but if it were my hotel, it's what i'd do).

the chicken was great, but the boysenberry pie/cobbler was divine!

Something about eating fried chicken solo in a family style restaurant just doesn't really thrill me I'm also not huge on bone in fried chicken, gravy, $25+ for a meal, etc etc etc. Glad you enjoyed it though!

Then have I got the Solution for you! Chicken to Go right next door. Same chicken and fixins. And not super expensive either. At least not last time I was there.

I'm also not huge on bone in fried chicken, gravy, $25+ for a meal, etc etc etc. Glad you enjoyed it though!

Well I guess that got missed. Also maybe I'm in the minority that thinks to go fried chicken is the absolute worst to go/delivery food? Hot crispy chicken + plastic/cardboard box + time = steamy and wet and gross and no longer crispy. No worries, I'll just stick to Yelp and TA.

Thanks!

I'd normally say Portillo's, but you're living in Chicago right? so i'd guess that's not too exciting. lol

Thanks!

I'd normally say Portillo's, but you're living in Chicago right? so i'd guess that's not too exciting. lol

Portillo's is delicious but yeah, I work right around the corner from one so that's not a place I'd want to spend my previous LA time at haha. I encourage everyone who has not been to Portillo's to go try their Italian beef.

The Hangtime construction has been getting a lot of attention, but don't forget that the brand new Peanuts Celebration season opens this weekend.

There's so much new stuff happening for it, I think it's gonna be really really fun. Looks very entertainment / show driven, but I'm sure the Grand Sierra Railroad theme will be cute also. I loved what they did for it during Spooky Farm last year.

https://www.knotts.com/blog/2018/january/1-3-18-knotts-peanuts-celebration

Thanks!

Rock & Brews has decent food and nice atmosphere, prices aren't bad either.

Has anyone been to the park since Sol Spin got stuck in the air a couple days ago? It is no longer listed as closed on the website, so I assume it’s back up and running just fine again.

From a page and a half before...

... Also, Sol Spin is open again!

It's even complete with a picture...

Thanks!

Rock & Brews has decent food and nice atmosphere, prices aren't bad either.

it's owned by KISS too, right?

they do have really good burgers, tho only ever been to the one in the Alamodome, so never been to a "proper" version