TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Knott's Berry Farm (KBF) Discussion Thread

P. 651: Montezooma's Revenge project terminated?

^ Glad we experienced it, back then in ...Sept.1975...but I doubt they'll bring it back.

And remember, there's always Knott's annual (smell the) Boysenberry Festival to visit, starting mid-April!

517068199_BoysenberryAligatorBitesKnotts.jpg.5e539c96e4a34244927dcc6ecd6c2bb8.jpg

For instance....Boysenberry Alligator Bites. At Knott's this past Festival. (Thank you Whoever took this.)

On a separate note. Are the spinning swings, swinging ship and Hat Dance in still all that popular? I don't know if it's just the season I typically visit (December) but I don't see that many people ever riding. That corner of Fiesta Village is around 25,000 square feet. They could fit a nice little coaster in that spot.

Waveswinger, Dragon Swing, and Hat Dance are all still very popular. Lots of times I want to go ride them to take a break from the coasters, but they have lines that I don't think are worth waiting in given what rides they are. Fiesta Village already has a very clustered mess of coasters on the south side. They really should not add another coaster in that area of the park, unless they remove Jaguar and replace it with something more... comfortable and modern, which I am all for.

Also, with HangTime coming next year, I don't see a new coaster at Knott's for a long, long time. I think the most we could see is a new family coaster in the next decade, if they choose to retire Jaguar.

I heard Sol Spin was testing with water dummies over the weekend, so hopefully that is a sign of it reopening soon.

Also, with HangTime coming next year, I don't see a new coaster at Knott's for a long, long time. I think the most we could see is a new family coaster in the next decade, if they choose to retire Jaguar.

I don't necessarily think it will be "a long, long time" before Knott's gets another coaster. Since taking over Knott's in 1997 Cedar Fair has added 7 roller coasters in 21 years (counting HangTime in 2018). 4 of those coasters are considered major attractions. GhostRider, Xcelerator, Silver Bullet and HangTime. There was four years between GhostRider and Xcelerator but then only two years between Xcelerator and Silver Bullet. Then there was 14 years between Silver Bullet and HangTime! But during those 14 years they still added three smaller family coasters in 2007, 2008 and 2013.

I think we could see another coaster by 2020 and I wouldn't be surprised if it replaced Coast Rider. Ever since they installed the shin guards everyone just hates that ride. I do however agree that the next major coaster won't come for at least another decade (unless Monty and/or Xcelerator completely bite the dust in the next few years) and that coaster will replace Jaguar. (Please keep the temple).

But I actually see more non-coaster related additions in the coming years. I think Iron Reef will get a makeover of some sort and Mystery Lodge will be upgraded to some type of show along the lines of Mass Effect at CGA, but western themed. And of course I see more flats. I also wouldn't be surprised if they replaced Timberline Twister.

Now I can see some you shaking your heads because I didn't include Windjammer in the timeline. That is because even though it opened in 1997, it was actually a Knott's family project, not Cedar Fair.

Edited by WestCoasterKing

Really surprised at the lack of chatter on ghost rider. Went to Haunt last week and really wish we could have gone on GR more. It was running so fast and it's still incredibly smooth. I greyed out on the bottom of the first drop. Felt every ounce of airtime. Laterals were strong but not overpowering. I'm really happy with the way the ride has broken in. When I first rode it, I didn't think much of it. This last time, I would actually rank it above the likes of Boulder Dash and Tremors.

Go ride now while it's still in amazing shape!

I'm not sure I would base Knott's next coaster possibility on what's happened in the past. Let's see what happens once HangTime opens. If it drives big revenue for the park, I wouldn't be surprised to see something else on the drawing boards in the near future. I'd love to see a ground up RMC at this park.

I'm not sure I would base Knott's next coaster possibility on what's happened in the past. Let's see what happens once HangTime opens. If it drives big revenue for the park, I wouldn't be surprised to see something else on the drawing boards in the near future. I'd love to see a ground up RMC at this park.

I think any ground up RMC would take a big chunk of land and if they can swing that kind of project I'd rather they put in a giga hyper. Unless they can somehow get RMC to design a giga woodie hybrid.

I think any ground up RMC would take a big chunk of land and if they can swing that kind of project I'd rather they put in a giga hyper. Unless they can somehow get RMC to design a giga woodie hybrid.

Or...RMC Raptor/T-Rex design

I'll take a T-Rex. Not a Raptor. Knott's is just too busy a park to have such a low capacity ride. I would really love them to replace to Jaguar with a better ride but keep the temple. Maybe a custom T-Rex?

I'll take a T-Rex. Not a Raptor. Knott's is just too busy a park to have such a low capacity ride. I would really love them to replace to Jaguar with a better ride but keep the temple. Maybe a custom T-Rex?

It's interesting you mention Jaguar, because I agree it's the next logical coaster removal for something better.

It's interesting you mention Jaguar, because I agree it's the next logical coaster removal for something better.

Can't say I agree. As much as I'd love to see jaguar get replaced by something better, Knott's won't get rid of it anytime soon. It's very reliable, has low maintenance costs, has great capacity, and is one of the most popular coasters in the park. If anything Knotts would probably take out Bigfoot Rapids or Xcelerator before Jaguar.

Can't say I agree. As much as I'd love to see jaguar get replaced by something better, Knott's won't get rid of it anytime soon. It's very reliable, has low maintenance costs, has great capacity, and is one of the most popular coasters in the park. If anything Knotts would probably take out Bigfoot Rapids or Xcelerator before Jaguar.

Xcelerator and Bigfoot are both far more popular than Jaguar.

Yeah I disagree, but that's okay. I could see Bigfoot being removed and the space wasted on something like Phony Express. Jaguar is more of a centerpiece of the park, and the centerpiece of the park deserves better. IMO

Of course we could all be wrong and the park could find space elsewhere. I'm just going with my gut on this one.

I see Knotts' next (non kiddie) coasters being an addition along the lines of The New Revolution. Take Jaguar, give it a new color scheme, get new trains and turn them backwards, add a fog machine as you go through the temple, and give it a modified name like Jaguar Unleashed. It'd be a HUGE hit that would be extremely cost effective compared to a brand new coaster. Thoughts?

I see Knotts' next (non kiddie) coasters being an addition along the lines of The New Revolution. Take Jaguar, give it a new color scheme, get new trains and turn them backwards, add a fog machine as you go through the temple, and give it a modified name like Jaguar Unleashed. It'd be a HUGE hit that would be extremely cost effective compared to a brand new coaster. Thoughts?

Uh, no. Just don't see that happening. At all.

That might work if the place was Six Flags Berry Farm, but it would also need VR to be complete.

Really surprised at the lack of chatter on ghost rider. Went to Haunt last week and really wish we could have gone on GR more. It was running so fast and it's still incredibly smooth. I greyed out on the bottom of the first drop. Felt every ounce of airtime. Laterals were strong but not overpowering. I'm really happy with the way the ride has broken in. When I first rode it, I didn't think much of it. This last time, I would actually rank it above the likes of Boulder Dash and Tremors.

Go ride now while it's still in amazing shape!

I know this post is from a couple pages ago, but I had to reply and say how much I agree.

GhostRider is running so much better this year than last year. Don't get me wrong, it ran great last year, but I feel like after a year of operation, it has really "broken in" and runs crazy fast and intense while still incredibly smooth. I much prefer it to Mystic Timbers. When the ride is running this well, it makes me seriously question my stance as Xcelerator being the best coaster in the park.

Listen to ^this guy and go out and ride GhostRider while it's in its prime right now. Who really knows how much longer it will stay this smooth.

I think Bigfoot is safe. If anything, they could (and should) do a total revamp in the line of what they did with Mine and Log. Except instead of restoring it, they could plus it up the wazoo by adding a *real* backstory, show scenes, enclose portions of it. You know, make it good.

I think Bigfoot is safe. If anything, they could (and should) do a total revamp in the line of what they did with Mine and Log. Except instead of restoring it, they could plus it up the wazoo by adding a *real* backstory, show scenes, enclose portions of it. You know, make it good.

I've actually had a similar idea before. I know it would be expensive but being strapped for space Knott's has basically two options when it comes to improving their portfolio: Tearing out something old and building something new or sprucing up something into old into something new. Now Knott's and Cedar Fair have already done the later with Mine Ride and Log Ride so why not with Bigfoot? Here's my idea.

Construct a show building disguised as a mountain over part of the ride and queue. Add theming elements such as animatronics, lights and sounds. Part of the rapids should even be in complete darkness. Imagine the Haunt overlay they could do with this. I'm going to go draw up a diagram now.